Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Throwback: Billboard stanned so hard for ARTPOP

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

“Well, it’s been extremely liberating for me ’cause jazz is rebellious. And I’m a rebel at heart ( :green: ). So in that way it’s also me rebelling against my own pop music – that’s really exciting for me. But I think the thing that has been the most powerful has been, there’s a part of me that has been quiet for a long time that is now being reawakened, after years of producers and record label people telling me to make my voice sound more radio-friendly.

“Since The Fame, The Fame Monster and Born This Way, they’ve been auto-tuning it more, or changing the timbre. They take the vibrato out so you sound like a robot.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopfeatures/11075519/Lady-Gaga-on-Tony-Bennett-Ive-been-controlled-for-years.-He-liberates-me.html

https://youtu.be/WwSBBAeEHmg?t=244 "I never choose my singles", for one, and for another, well, many others:

1. @GalaKapanadze: Which song was the inspiration of Taylor Kinney?
Gaga: “Temple.”

Source: http://gagadaily.com/news/ARTPOP-q-a/

2. https://twitter.com/ladygaga/status/256533045530746880

3. http://i.imgur.com/FXaWr.png

4. http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img713/7483/52420610.png

It's clear that her vision for the album wasn't what she intended it to be, as much as she may love it, I think she knows everything could have gone much better had she been more in control 

I don't quite agree. Actually when Gaga made that statement about them tweaking her vocals in the studio, I think she was talking about her first three albums, exlcuding ARTPOP.

Also I must insist that all songs are written and produced by Gaga herself and Gaga has mentioned how they are all equally precious to her and they are all her babies. Gaga might have written Tea at first but then wrote Mary Jane Holland later and decided that Mary Jane Holland had to replace Tea's position because MJH was better. So it doesn't necessarily that she was forced to take out Tea because her label requested it, it could be her own decision.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fiona Apple

Only Work Bitch and Perfume? Are you sure you are being fair to the album while judging and not affected by the magic of promotion and single release? cause if this is the case any song which is not released as a single or is not performed is going to have less chance in being deemed a good song when the melody before and after promotion of a song has always been the same

No honey. I don't really care about the charts and the promo... There is a reason that they released these 2 songs. :rip: Alien is quite good too but it's a bit boring and lifeless and Til It's gone is catchy but repetitive and generic.. So yeah imo Perfume and Work B!tch are the only songs that are quite good (even tho perfume is a bit dumb)

Bradley

Not Billboard being much more of a stan than most users here 

ikr? Billboard is so nice. I don't care if they are good reviewers or not they gave us positivity and I am accepting it.

Born To Slay

I guess it's a matter of opinion..But I hardly even listened to the album the second time.. I consider it to be one of the worst albums of the MAINSTREAM pop world..I just can't find anything good about it.. Cliche and at parts cringeworthy lyrics? Check Horrible autotuned vocals? Check  Generic cheap production? Check  Unmemorable melodies? Check.. The only 2 songs that are really well made imo are Work B!tch and Perfume.. I don't want to sound disrespectful to the album or Britney,I am just stating my opinion :flirt:

I would rate the album with 3,5-4/10

Could you provide some examples of cringe worthy lyrics? Because with the exception of TTB, CWY and BA I thought all the songs were very well good lyrically. Better then Femme Fatale imho. Britney actually sounds really good on most of the songs, which songs had bad autotune! The production wasn't the best on many tracks, fair enough. If you only listen to the album once, how would you remember?

I respect your opinion, of course. I'm just trying to understand it a bit better,

MonsterOfSpain

ikr? Billboard is so nice. I don't care if they are good reviewers or not they gave us positivity and I am accepting it.

I bet 99% of the users were thinking the same before the numbers came in :smh: 

Fiona Apple

Could you provide some examples of cringe worthy lyrics? Because with the exception of TTB, CWY and BA I thought all the songs were very well good lyrically. Better then Femme Fatale imho. Britney actually sounds really good on most of the songs, which songs had bad autotune! The production wasn't the best on many tracks, fair enough. If you only listen to the album once, how would you remember?

I respect your opinion, of course. I'm just trying to understand it a bit better,

I told you that I listened to the album 3-4 times..The only reasons I did it is because I actually bought it so I tried to get into it.. Well TTB,CWY,BA and Perfume have cringe-worthy lyrics.. And the rest of the album has cliche lyrics..Never said that the whole album is cringeworthy :confused:

Born To Slay

I told you that I listened to the album 3-4 times..The only reasons I did it is because I actually bought it so I tried to get into it.. Well TTB,CWY,BA and Perfume have cringe-worthy lyrics.. And the rest of the album has cliche lyrics..Never said that the whole album is cringeworthy :confused:

Okay fair enough

Born Brave

I feel like ARTPOP was a great album. Much like Applause foreshadowed, "is it right is it wrong". The critics mostly clamored in the "wrong" direction- thus we "crashed the critics" that were telling the public what to think about the album. It's an utter shame that people can't form opinions of work by artists now on their own. Not to mention, Katy.I know one hundred percent for a fact that Gaga was furious at Katy- why? Katy purposely held out and waited for Gaga to make her move. "Music not the bling" right? but it really happened. I can't say who told me  but I promise the source is reliable. Just trust me on this. 

Gaga also suffered a major casualty with the manager turmoil that ensued. By the time Bobby got settled and was named the official replacement and not just interim, the era was already lost. G.U.Y. was swallowed up in the chaos and I think Gaga knew it would be, which is why she threw so many songs into that one video as if to say "welp, here it is, bye felicia". She tours and she kisses that mess goodbye. She's in a much better place professionally now. The album was a success amongst us as a fanbase- we have all listened right? I mean did anyone reading this not listen to every track on the album? Don't get wrapped up in the "gong banging". 

ARTPOP will always be the album that should have been and never was. We only have it to ourselves to appreciate but really, is that such a bad thing?

Chromatislaps

it's actually extremely underrated. It's a deep album that one must listen to with a very open mind to understand.

I'm sorry, I love :neyde: , but I can't take this seriously :laughga: 

Chromatislaps

PRISM was rated way too high.  Should've got a 55

you're pretty lenient on the grading, it's a mediocre album compared to the best music albums dating from the 60s-00s :green: 

GloZell Green

Who started the- ARTPOP is floping ?

Madonna fans and KatyCats :neyde:

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Archived