Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Photos Of Nicki Minaj's Wax Figure Being Defiled Are Anything But Funny

Chromatislaps

Featured Posts

Chromatislaps

Photos Of Nicki Minaj's Wax Figure Being Defiled Are Anything But Funny

Photo: KCR/Rex/REX USA.

Last week, Azealia Banks called out Madame Tussauds for featuring a likeness of Nicki Minaj positioned provocatively on all fours instead of standing tall and proud with a microphone, like many of her musical contemporaries. She called the figure “underhanded shade” on Twitter, asking if — in light of all of the “Super Bass” singer's accomplishments — it was really appropriate to memorialize her on all fours.

The “Anaconda” rapper didn’t seem offended by her wax twin. “I love it and I can’t wait to see it,” she wrote on Instagram. (Minaj was unable to attend the big reveal.) But there’s something bigger at play here than whether or not the singer herself appreciated the way she was captured.

Minaj might be well known for her fearless provocation, but that’s just one piece of what makes her an icon. However, choosing to replicate a moment where she’s at her most overtly s-xual over one where she looks anything but vulnerable isn’t a choice without its drawbacks. One of which, of course, is the fact that when fans were let loose upon this lifeless version on Minaj, they immediately became the worst versions of themselves — a prediction Banks made at the outset.

Of all the poses this fan could strike, he picked the one that centers around dominating the likeness of a woman who cannot say no.

Barely a week after its induction into the less-than-hallowed halls of Madame Tussauds, Minaj’s figure became a prop for fantasy s-x play. In one photo, which was shared by the singer, three women pose around the body, as one grasps faux-Minaj’s breasts, another places a hand on her butt, and a third makes what appears to be a tentative attempt at a rim job. In another, unearthed by Buzzfeed, a man poses near her face, his tongue already out of his mouth.

But it’s the third one, which you can see below, that reveals why the public at large can’t be trusted with a near-naked, life-size version of this woman — or perhaps any woman. It features a man who has climbed on to the table and more or less mounted Minaj, his groin pressed against her mostly-bare bottom, her ponytail gripped suggestively in his fist. Being wax, she is unmoved. That does not take away from the fact that what he is doing is disturbing:

CMsIubqWUAES__0.jpg

2B7DC78600000578-0-image-m-25_14399844772B7DC78A00000578-0-image-m-27_1439984494

this was bound to happen :smh: 

LaMaisonGaga

:awkney: guess Gaga will remain with the best (official) wax figures.

lamaisongaga.com

gagzus

well what did she expect when she relies on s-x and her ass in all honesty, sure her stans like her more deep raps/verses but the public know her for her ASS & BODY like i'm not even joking.

I know Nicki seems okay with all this but I don't know why. It's so creepy. 

And even if you think she's "known for her body to the GP" I dont think that excuses how gross the people defiling it are. 

At least her face is okay (just search Fernando Alonso waxwork, it's the worst figure EVER)

gagzus

I know Nicki seems okay with all this but I don't know why. It's so creepy. 

And even if you think she's "known for her body to the GP" I dont think that excuses how gross the people defiling it are. 

it's not an excuse, it's just not surprising since she sells s-x and nothing more on the songs & videos she releases to the public

it's not an excuse, it's just not surprising since she sells s-x and nothing more on the songs & videos she releases to the public

I wasn't saying "her selling s-x" was an EXCUSE, I was saying that her "selling s-x" doesn't make it okay for people to role play their s-xual fantasies Out on this wax figure. 

TimisaMonster

Like they didn't expect visitors to actbthis way when taking a pic with the statue :saladga:

They should just remove it...I don't care for Nicki but this only impresses the image in their minds that Nicki is just a s-x object with a big butt...even tho that's exactly how she portrays herself and apparently sees no issue with the figure... Shocking :awkney:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Ambrosia

I know this thread could have a tendency to spiral out of control, so let's try to be more respectful of Nicki's wax figure than the people in the photo were.

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

Gianni Versace

well what did she expect when she relies on s-x and her ass in all honesty, sure her stans like her more deep raps/verses but the public know her for her ASS & BODY like i'm not even joking.

Well what did they expect when they made a wax figure of her in THAT pose!? :lmao: 

So just because her wax statue was made doing a certain pose, people have the right to defile it? That's disrespectful and obscene. This is border lining on rape culture. 

gagzus

So just because her wax statue was made doing a certain pose, people have the right to defile it? That's disrespectful and obscene. This is border lining on rape culture. 

No it's not the pose (yes the pose is part of it) but she's a s-x symbol known for her s-x appeal and ass, even if she was stood there in a regular pose guys would STILL get pics of them touching her ass and boobs and making s-xual innuendos and poses. It's because that's how she sells herself.

Gianni Versace

No it's not the pose (yes the pose is part of it) but she's a s-x symbol known for her s-x appeal and ass, even if she was stood there in a regular pose guys would STILL get pics of them touching her ass and boobs and making s-xual innuendos and poses. It's because that's how she sells herself.

So that makes it okay? She's made it perfectly clear that she doesn't "sleep around" (and even if she did- it wouldn't give people the right). Don't make excuses for people's savage behavior. 

Archived