💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
thought

Do you agree with this about Adele's upcoming album?

Hope

Featured Posts

artpopmess

Nobody's expecting anything. The majority of people who bought it couldn't care less about the charts. If the music is good it will sell. Stop reading ATRL too much

don't follow my instagram (trying out reverse psychology)

The Child

I kinda hoping it doesn't do well, I'm still pressed about 2011.

And all those grammys that are gone :cry:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Whispering

I think the types of people who are looking forward to this album are stretched across so many age ranges and cover people who live all over the world and that listen to all sorts of genres of music. This isn't a typical "pop artist" situation, where the artist is relying heavily on girls and young women who listen to pop. The majority of buyers aren't interested in the competition aspect and silliness that surrounds the pop divas. 

I don't think anyone will top 21, not even Adele...but that isn't going to mean that she can't still do very well with this album and other albums on didn the road. 

Levine

No, I disagree. I disagree because she completely disappeared from EARTH and she's never been overexposed.

She just need a good song (like a 7/10) and people will buy it like crazy. If anything, I think her next work will be very overrated by media and GP. A Beyoncé tea. 

Iwontell

I agree...ppl are stacking the odds against her with all this hype...I wish ppl would be cool about it, let it come out and be blown away by Adele's talent, cuz I'm sure she'll deliver a great album...

I don't think the situation can be compared to Gaga in 2013, though. The GP loathed Gaga and everything related to her...Adele is loved, so her shortcomings (if there's any) won't be criticized as harshly.

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Kulture Kiari

I disagree. Gaga's ARTPOP flopped because, she herself, began hyping the gp one year before it's release, along with her team. Adele on the other hand has rarely spoken about her album. So generally, the gp is only hyping themselves up. But cmon, it's Adele. Her voice is like angels. Ffs, she can sing about having massive diareah and farting non stop and still earn 9 grammys for that song. 

Born To Slay

And all those grammys that are gone :cry:

I wish Born This Way won the Grammys. She deserved them!?????

StrawberryBlond

I've been saying for the longest time that she won't be as big next time but very few people believe me. Have you not looked into the history of bestselling albums? Especially ones from artists for whom it was their debut or sophomore record? It's a big drop in popularity with the follow-up and then obscurity 95% of the time. I think that's why Adele's taking so long - she's scared about what's in store for her career. But the longer she waits, the more she runs the risk of selling less as the public move on even more. I always give the example of Norah Jones here - she followed up her bestselling debut (26 million, same as Adele), with her second album just under 2 years later. It sold 10 million, which was still awesome, but even so, a loss of 16 million. After that, she was all but done. Even her Grammys dried up. Her last solo album in 2012 just scraped 1 million worldwide. Barely anyone knows she did a covers duet album with Billy Joel Armstrong in 2013. If she experienced a loss of 16 million after a mere 2 year wait and in 2004, when albums sold better, what on earth will Adele face after 4+ years in a time when album sales are in the pits? 

No, I disagree. I disagree because she completely disappeared from EARTH and she's never been overexposed.

I disagree completely. Her 21 era was the most insufferable era in my lifetime. Everywhere I looked, everywhere I turned, Adele was there. On the radio, on tv, on magazine covers, absolutely everywhere. Even walking round a quiet, suburban neightbourhood, I heard her album blasting out of a house. I thought this must be what it's like to go mad. I don't think the public's going to want to  endure another era like that, especially from the same artist, so soon after the last one. There's usually a longer gap between worldwide bestsellers than 4 years for a reason.

VforVendetta

After such a huge success everything will be deemed ''not as good'' but it doesn't mean she has to flop, look at Thriller and Bad for example.

Adele is a talented and good person and imo she gave beautiful moments to the music industry. I don't want her to flop and be forgotten in any way and let artists like Nicki Minaj take the spotlight and downgrade even more this industry.

Don't be afraid about Gaga, she can face Adele it trule is her time to shine again.

JeffSwift

I just do not think it's going to smash as much as others... take for instance with Taylor, she's had 4 eras now where she has shattered first week records so it's sort of expected that she'll continue doing it. Adele had one HUGE era... I feel like if she doesn't have hit singles (ROTD, SFTTR, SLY) it will not do as well. I'm sure it'll easily go few times platinum, but I do not think this record will be a diamond record. Who knows though - I am so here for another incredible 21-esque album so I can drink cheap wine and cry too!

FrankGutz

She just need a good song (like a 7/10) and people will buy it like crazy. If anything, I think her next work will be very overrated by media and GP. A Beyoncé tea. 

this tbh

MANDY MOORE | LADY GAGA | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

Creyk

I wonder if she will take Britney's record for biggest opening numbers by a female.

If anyone can do it, it is her. And only now. This is her once chance.

Archived