💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG5 "special" album packaging

Giorno Giovanna

Are you here for special packaging ?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Are you here for special packaging ?

• Yes, give me the thing that I love
    • No, I want the standart jewel case

Featured Posts

Giorno Giovanna

How would you like LG5 as a different kind of album this time around?

I found there is an album by a kpop band and thought it was really cool how they sold their album. Instead of a typical CD case there is this metal box.

Just imagine something similar, maybe even a more tiny cd, simplistic design, a classy timeless cool metal box or something different, and an album packed with lots of smashs and hits.

I think there are so many ways to sell LG5 and especially if the music is on the same or higher level than her previous best hits it could be amazing to package it differently this time.

or more ideas here

http://johnnybottles.blogspot.de/2012/03/best-album-packaging-no1.html

01_07_14_walltowall_carpetting_1.jpg

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

iAstroLeo

It'd be awesome tbh :legend:

I was happy to know that there was a "special" ARTPOP version, with the foil. I guess that was special album packaging, until we found out that the unfoiled version is more rare :neyde:  

Didymus

Totally. Digital music is triumphing anyway, you have to make an extra effort for people to pick up your cd nowadays. You better make it special and Gaga has enough creative ideas to come up with something brilliant.

Fiona Apple

I was happy to know that there was a "special" ARTPOP version, with the foil. I guess that was special album packaging, until we found out that the unfoiled version is more rare :neyde:  

:sharon: I wasn't able to buy the foiled version tho. I bought the album 1 and a half week after its release (because i didn't have money) and they told me that the foiled versions in my country were over

gagzus

Well tbf she's had several different versions of stuff like this, The Fame Monster Super Deluxe being the most notable. But tbh if this is how the ORIGINAL album was packaged I could deal with it because I find having loads of versions of albums to simply be a management/label's decision to try and bleed as much money from an artist as possible tbh.

I can randomly imagine her wanting to release it as a Vinyl only and encourage people to get back to Vinyl. I would totally be here for that in all honesty, only if it fits the era aesthetic though, like say she made the 70s disco inspired music we were talking about in another thread- it would match imo and I think it would actually start a Vinyl trend again.

iAstroLeo

:sharon: I wasn't able to buy the foiled version tho. I bought the album 1 and a half week after its release (because i didn't have money) and they told me that the foiled versions in my country were over

GURRRL buy them and sell them on Ebay :lmao:I'm yet to see one without foil

Giorno Giovanna

well the foil version was kinda "new" but it still was limited by the jewel case. I am more talking about something out of the box. Without a jewel case. You know what I mean?

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

iAstroLeo

well the foil version was kinda "new" but it still was limited by the jewel case. I am more talking about something out of the box. Without a jewel case. You know what I mean?

:yes:

I just hope if she ever does release this, she doesn't make a boring Jewel Case version and then releases the one with special packaging for a fortune :rip:   

Bradley

I like the traditional disc case so no (mess at me being the only one). Asian artists tend to be very creative in terms of desiging their physical album copies but I just don't find them appealing.

Giorno Giovanna

I like the traditional disc case so no (mess at me being the only one). Asian artists tend to be very creative in terms of desiging their physical album copies but I just don't find them appealing.

that's fine too :love:

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

monketsharona

yep why no. I think she should release 2 versions : 1 Standard + 1 deluxe (with 2 or 3 additional tracks, not remixes though)

Dominic

I would prefer her to put more time and thought into how she could release them in a unique way digitally as that is the future really. 

Metal CDs, whilst cool for a fan, can look lame and cheap if not done properly.  Also bumps the price way up. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Archived