💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Disco album for LG5...

Thomas P

Featured Posts

Thomas P

I don't know if this has been posted yet, so don't attack me!!! I guess this article wants a disco theme and sound for LG5. Tell me what you think!!

Lady Gaga Previews "More More More" Disco Cover & Now We Need 'LG5' To Be A Disco Album, Please

"It wasn't long after wrapping her tour with Tony Bennett that Lady Gaga announced that she was working on a brand new solo album. Though the New York native has been pretty hush-hush about the details of LG5, she's finally (maybe) given her fans a hint about things to come. Little Monsters, Lady Gaga has gone disco. On Monday night, Gaga posted a video of her tapping her fashionable toes to her own cover of the disco classic, "More, More, More." The song was first released in 1976 by Andrea True Connection, and Gaga's version pays homage to the original while adding her own flare. So, does this mean the tentatively titled LG5 is going disco? I, for one, hope so.

Lady Gaga has always been an experimental pop star who plays with genre. She has time hopped from the '80s in Born this Way to the '60s with Cheek to Cheek and to a thousand years in the future with ARTPOP. Something about the heyday of disco in the '70s seems perfectly suited for Gaga. There was glitz, wild fashion, and so, so much dancing. Similar to Gaga's style, a lot of disco tracks were about sociopolitical issues that made people listen up while they were grooving into the night."

There are some reasons explaining why gaga should do disco...

It ends with...

"Lady Gaga has never been just a pop star. She's a performance artist, a visual artist, and a social activist. Her take on disco wouldn't be just a regurgitation of music history; it would be its own monster.

C'mon Gaga, bellbottoms are already making their way back, strike while the iron is hot! Just don't bring the polyester with you."

I'll leave u guys the link: http://www.bustle.com/articles/105009-lady-gaga-previews-more-more-more-disco-cover-now-we-need-lg5-to-be-a

Read the full article to get the rest.

What do u think about LG5 being a disco inspired album??

Sound off in the comment section below!

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

theARTVampire

Not here for a whole Disco-Album, a few Disco influenced songs would be nice though.

it wasn't even her cover in the car-video...

Bradley

Lol at 90% of your post containing the caution for people to not attack you. Don't worry GGD is not that harsh, most of the time. :hunty:

yASSsss

hell yes...i luv disco music and i want LG5 to sound like Daft punk's "Random Access Memories"..... :giveup: 

Giorgio Moroder is rumored to work on LG5 so i hope its true :giveup: 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

monsterdreams

I wouldn't mind some disco influence on LG5 tbh 

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Sister

I like disco, but this seems to be reaching and grabbing the hand of GOD.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

VenusBlackStar

If she goes straight up disco I feel like we would have to make up a petition for her to do throwback with the infamous disco bra.

That's not her cover! Read the topic "off to work" and there's a link to the song (it sounds exactly like the one in the car) It's not her voice 

aaronyoji

wait so that really was her singing it?? 

honestly it wouldnt turn out good. it'd probably just end up sounding recycled and derivative, like what girogio moroder's doing right now....

Barbados

Wow at all these replies 

WHERE WERE Y'ALL TO SUPPORT MY THREAD?

youtube.com/watch?v=BR5ZKUKVSEI delete the <wbr> bit

Archived