Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

If the lead single flops..

Oscar

Featured Posts

crisTEAne

that's from MANiCURE in the muppets and she never performed that song on that show. :emma: 

you think i don't know that? :smh: i added the caption because i thought that the dope line was a perfect fit. :neyde:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

My faith in her era's aren't based on commercial prowess. So I'd be totally cool with it.

malazam

FLOP IT'S NOT AN OPTION THIS TIME

WE ARE READY TO THE SLAYAGE

Sorry for the caps but lets make it clear this time they need to do the right things.

another shot before we kiss the other side

If it does I just hope that she won't care much about it. I want more singles/videos this time around and cohesive management, not announcing a song as a single then switching it up shortly after, only to have it cancelled overall afterwards. :noparty:

it wasn't laaaahv

Head Empty

I hope she "flops" because I can't stand this "SHE NEEDS TO BE ON TOP ASFiadcaUcajadbz,niurK" mentality and it needs to go :saladga:

Gaga has already established herself commercially, which means she has more than enough resources to keep being creative and put out quality content. As long as she keeps her creative drive running, I'm fine.

stop using the word FLOP to describe anything that doesn't go to #1 it's really pathetic.

this just shows there's fans who only care about chart success and public perception of their 'fav'

stop using the word FLOP to describe anything that doesn't go to #1 it's really pathetic.

this just shows there's fans who only care about chart success and public perception of their 'fav'

There are those fans, its true, but there's also the fans that worry about it because of how it will impact Gaga's career and herself. If the album "flops" Gaga might not release many singles, the videos might be of a lower quality, her tour might not be extravagant and so on. And Gaga likes things top notch, as we all do. So I think its more of a genuine fear of Gaga not getting what she deserves, which is success. If she gets it, she's happy > if she's happy, she does her job well > if she does her job well, we are happy.

Oh, and there's also the haters.  If she does well, they'll be less vocal about their hate or they won't try to drag Gaga at all. If she doesn't do well, they will do it harder than ever before. And yeah, Gaga has said that she doesn't care about the haters but truth is, we all do. We can ignore it for some time but eventually we break and that's when it hits the hardest.

it wasn't laaaahv

KaanBTW

I hope she does a suprise release because if she hypes and teases I think I wont able to manage with all of these ifs and possibilties and ideas. 

Bad Bromance

If the lead single flops and because of that we only get 2 music videos then I'll be pretty mad tbh. Like she says "Music Not The Bling", if the lead single flops release 3 or 4 other singles with music videos.

I see where you're coming from but you have to remember that Interscope has the final say no matter how much Gaga tries to control her musical era.  If the lead single flops, they may not allow her to release more than two additional singles and two music videos.  That is totally out of Gaga's control and we should take that into account before anybody has meltdowns here.   :yes:

Let's not be pessimistic, though.  I don't believe her next single will flop, I think it's going to do just fine.  I'm content if it makes it to the top 10 and has weeks and weeks of longevity.  :party:  As long as the music is awesome and radio gives her plenty of air play, who cares if her singles don't peak at number 1?  :shrug:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

giskardsb

There are those fans, its true, but there's also the fans that worry about it because of how it will impact Gaga's career and herself. If the album "flops" Gaga might not release many singles, the videos might be of a lower quality, her tour might not be extravagant and so on. And Gaga likes things top notch, as we all do. 

the odd part to me is that many fans that make this statement also claim their favorite era as TF/M when Gaga had the least amount of money to where she was broke until the tour finally managed to get her back in the black.

The money worry is way over-rated.  Gaga doesn't need to be #1 HBIC in order to create good videos and have a successful, theatrical tour.   In fact I'd argue she does worse when she spends too much.

The Child

I see where you're coming from but you have to remember that Interscope has the final say no matter how much Gaga tries to control her musical era.  If the lead single flops, they may not allow her to release more than two additional singles and two music videos.  That is totally out of Gaga's control and we should take that into account before anybody has meltdowns here.   :yes:

Let's not be pessimistic, though.  I don't believe her next single will flop, I think it's going to do just fine.  I'm content if it makes it to the top 10 and has weeks and weeks of longevity.  :party:  As long as the music is awesome and radio gives her plenty of air play, who cares if her singles don't peak at number 1?  :shrug:

I don't care about numbers 1, music videos usually slay me and I love when Gaga puts a visual to her songs.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Lots of good songs don't make it to the top 10. If it's too experimental it won't chart as well maybe like a top 40 - 20. don't let low charting determine if a song is good or not

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Head Empty

the odd part to me is that many fans that make this statement also claim their favorite era as TF/M when Gaga had the least amount of money to where she was broke until the tour finally managed to get her back in the black.

The money worry is way over-rated.  Gaga doesn't need to be #1 HBIC in order to create good videos and have a successful, theatrical tour.   In fact I'd argue she does worse when she spends too much.

Definitely all of this (although I imagine her budget for TFM era was pretty high because interscope wanted to keep the hype train rolling).

Plenty of artists that don't even have any Top 100 relevance still perform their music regularly, and still produce quality video's. You don't need to be on top to bring consistent content. As a matter of fact, it might even be better to not be on top. Those on top always catch the most negativity, whereas acts that don't have the spotlight on them still achieve a lot of succes without constantly being used for target practice. Heck, when you're not on top you probably won't have a record label breathing down your neck as much that keeps telling you that you shouldn't be doing anything risky.

You have a point there. I am one of those fans, I admit it. :saladga: But its also worth considering that she was new in the scene back then. Its not like she had the amazing connection with us, like she does now. With all the stuff she's been through, tough times and good times, we've been there for her/with her. We know her better and we love/support her more. So I think its only natural that we worry about her. That said, some just overdo it.

it wasn't laaaahv

Bad Bromance

I don't care about numbers 1, music videos usually slay me and I love when Gaga puts a visual to her songs.

I do too.  I was just making a point by explaining why we shouldn't be mad at her if Interscope decides to pull the plug on the upcoming era yet again.  The lack of singles and music videos is out of Gaga's control.  That was the point I was trying to make.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Archived