Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Tomorrow: 1 Year Anniversary of "Shake It Off" Release (A Look Back)

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

Tomorrow will mark the 1 year anniversary of the start of the "1989" era. My question to you is how do you think Taylor and her image have changed over the course of this past year? For me, I think she's almost a completely different mainstream artist than what she used to be (image wise, obviously her music's changed), and I really enjoy her more than I used to. I feel like she's gone from an innocent, dweeby, slightly annoying (à la Anne Hathaway) figure to a boss lady who's actually pretty cool. But what are your thoughts?

tumblr_inline_nm2zfaTBgD1t7j9pc.gif

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bette Davis

I feel like she has become more annoying imo. I found her inoffensive when she was just this nerdy, goofy semi-country girl. It's like now she's trying to be this s-xy, model vixen with her model sidekicks but she comes off as awkward, try-hard and goofy. She's more 'Anne Hathaway annoying' than ever. 

On a positive note, I never thought I could actually really like music by her but she got me to bop to two of her songs :neyde: I actually really enjoyed Style and Out of the Woods. I appreciate her bringing sythpop and new wave influences into her music and hope others follow lead

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

Benji

I didn't really care for her much before 1989, she had some bops and that was it.

Then 1989 came out and she scalped me.

MonsterOfSpain

I like her music now better than I did before, 1989 is her best album and Shake It Off was one of my favorite songs last year. Also she's not overexposed in Europe as she is in America so I don't get tired of her or her music. She's changed for the better, although I really like her country-pop albums like Speak Now and Red too.

barcodemonster

Wow seems much longer than a year for me...I had a different job..a lot changed 

scan my barcode

Tropico

She lost the sweetheart appeal imo. Not with SIO though.

We already hav enough edgy mainstream female artists  (Rihanna, Gaga, Madonna,  Miley ,Beyoncé and Nicki to name a few) and we already have enough who are trying to be (Demi and Selena for example). She was more individual being the swretheart even if it got annoying sometimes. Now she's just another face in the crowd imo. :shrug: 

But hey, at least the musical transition turned out to be a great success but if you're gonna make the type of pop she does, it's to be expected. :shrug: 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Caesium

This time last year she was still known as that girl who used and then threw guys away quicker than Rebel Heart fell from the charts. Now she's known as borderline evil, leader of the dictatorship TaylorNation. Her power is boundless and soon the government is going to introduce the TayLord Act, making it compulsory for us to listen to 1989 at least once a day. Katy Perry's career will crumble before out very eyes whilst Taylor has one swift laugh and Bad Blood echoes across every country, reminding us of the punishment for possibly speaking out against her. This is Taylor's world, and we're just living in it. A Nineteen Eighty-Four tea.

tumblr_ndkburoP7x1qeqmxno1_250.gif

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

nativenewyorker

I feel like she tried so hard to project this strong, powerful pop star persona and it just came across as so try-hard. She does have a lot going for her though, she's completely slayed the music industry and she's still young, so she has earned this level of superstardom. I just think she needs to stray away from aiming her music at pre-teens and teen girls specifically. If she wants to be taken seriously as an artist, she needs to evolve past teen pop. She's been playing the cute innocent girlfriend/sad ex-girlfriend/snarky ex-girlfriend roles for too long. If she moved more towards adult pop with more mature themes, I'd have more respect for her. The same goes with Katy, her music lacks maturity.

If Taylor wants to be on the same echelon as legends like Jay-Z and Beyonce, which is what I think she's aiming for, she needs to step it up. 

djBuffoon

Listened back to Speak Now and Red recently, and was reminded of how much depth and wisdom and wit used to inform her work. 1989 is very entertaining, but it lacks the personality and soul of those other albums.

Frankly, tracks like "Shake it Off" and "Bad Blood" could have been written by anyone. So her image has developed and her audience has widened and diversified, but the craft has diminished.

Didymus

She definitely turned into a force to be reckoned with instead of the talented country girl who was successful. It seems that right now she's the only pop star who is ready and willing to play the game full force and own her stardom.

Which pushes open the door for people wanting to drag her down.

She managed to successfully transition into a international pop superstar.

Her power. :applause:

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

This time last year she was still known as that girl who used and then threw guys away quicker than Rebel Heart fell from the charts. Now she's known as borderline evil, leader of the dictatorship TaylorNation. Her power is boundless and soon the government is going to introduce the TayLord Act, making it compulsory for us to listen to 1989 at least once a day. Katy Perry's career will crumble before out very eyes whilst Taylor has one swift laugh and Bad Blood echoes across every country, reminding us of the punishment for possibly speaking out against her. This is Taylor's world, and we're just living in it. A Nineteen Eighty-Four tea.

tumblr_ndkburoP7x1qeqmxno1_250.gif

Don't **** with the Swift #BadBlood

http://images.thehollywoodgossip.com/iu/t_slideshow/v1390832952/taylor-swift-grammy-gif.gif

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Archived