💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think Gaga will do well if LG5's lead single is of this nature?

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

Just Dance, Bad Romance, Born This Way and Applause were all up-tempo songs and I would give props to her to give this a shot. A lot of people claimed how Cheek to Cheek, The Oscars performance and everything this year had "cleansed" her image, imagine if she releases a dance song and come back with crazy outfits etc. and have a comeback of her usual style, her "Cheek to Cheek advantage" would have been put in vain. It would be, however, different to see Gaga release a lead single like this. I think this is not just fresh to the GP but to little monsters as well.

I'm only referring to the lead single, not the entire album. The entire album can sound like Bad Romance or Judas.

I know there is risk to this but if things work out this can be extremely beneficial to LG5 the whole record. I personally think the world is getting more and more interested in ballads and mid-tempo songs nowadays, artists like Lorde, Adele and Sam Smith have found their success through this type of genre, and hence Gaga, with strong initial support especially for her lead singles both from her fans and media coverage, will have high chances of success if she indeed does this.

Not to mention how songs in such nature are easier to get nominated and win at the Grammy awards. I think Rihanna was pulling this with FourFiveSeconds. Rihanna has also found her success in Stay which was nominated for a Grammy award if my memory serves me right.

AND THEN THE SECOND SINGLE CAN BE SOMETHING LIKE JUDAS, SHE CAN SLAY HOWEVER SHE WANTS.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
artpopmess

No 

I'll still buy it tho bc I'm brainwashed 

don't follow my instagram (trying out reverse psychology)

no if she wants success this is the last thing that she needs

the world needs to old good gaga that slayed the world with jams like Bad Romance, Poker Face and Just Dance

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

moonboywow

the world needs to old good gaga that slayed the world with jams like Bad Romance, Poker Face and Just Dance

do you want her to keep making the same kind of music until she dies or...? Because that's boring af. At what point should she change her Genre? Now would be a good time to switch things up

Bradley

do you want her to keep making the same kind of music until she dies or...? Because that's boring af. At what point should she change her Genre? Now would be a good time to switch things up

I don't think all the lead singles sounded the same but I do think this is the time to switch genre (for the lead single)

Angel Down

I need something rockish.. Maybe a rock ballad.. That would flatter her voice immeasurably and it would be truly timeless... A new RockGa would slay me. 

However I'd prefer anything else other than EDM. NO MORE EDM PLEASE

Pain of fame1

Of course, people wanting PK JD and BR tpe of music back are so delusional, shw woruld flop nowadays. She needs fresh and organic sounds. I wouldnt say that kind of lead single ( too slow) but a POWER BALLAD  would be great

I didn't say that, I just say that if she wants success and slay again that's the type of thing that could work because it's true, everybody missess the old good gaga with pop jams from the fame monster era

literally everbody would be with her if that gaga was here again, but of course I would support everthing that she does plus her albums are so different from each other

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Bradley

The thread is only referring to the lead single. The second, third singles can always be the dance songs we are used to. Poker Face was a second single, remember?

gagzus

nope she needs an uptempo song that's catchy and what not, she needs something along the lines of The Fame type of melodies and an updated form of it's sound

moonboywow

nope she needs an uptempo song that's catchy and what not, she needs something along the lines of The Fame type of melodies and an updated form of it's sound

ARTPOP already happened dear

Powerful ballads. Enough dance numbers. It's not like dance tracks are the only successful songs anyway.

Archived