Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

When You Tell People You Listen To Gaga

Quasi

Featured Posts

PrinceGaga

Actually a friend of a friend (not my friend) said he hated Gaga's music with a passion and says it's so pretentious etc etc blah blah you know the rest, but when he came around to our flat party and Applause came on, he said "holy sh** I love this song so much, who sings this?" and i was like "Gaga, bit**" 

tumblr_lyeacyoaJ21qi0t5fo1_250.gif

sin-t__tulo-1.gif

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MonsterMum

let me just say that I'm 36 years old, and when I was in high school (circa 1995 / 1996) and Alanis Morrissette came out with "You Oughta Know" - that was the beginning of my complete revulsion from pop music. From that point forward.... until 2010 (when I discovered Gaga) - I literally gave zero ****s and zero attention to all pop music. 

SNIP

Don't worry I am your age and I get it. Gaga is for me also the only pop star I could ever be a fan of.

Quite frankly I don't think pop star covers her at all. Sure maybe in 2010 but we're 7-8 years into her career now and when you look at her she just transcends through different genres and show cases all her abilities and I'm always hungry to see what she does next. I won't say I am inspired cause I am not a creative person but I sincerely enjoy her "free spirit" roaming through the music industry and just doing her ****. She is the only one that can get away with it too!

I have no problems saying that I am a Gaga fan, even at my age. My co-workers know it, they know I been to the ArtRave last year and I took off for that and they wished me a good time, no funny words or anything. My family knows as well, my cousin actually asked me a few weeks about her when I was listening to Gaga being with U2 why I wanted to hear it. So I told her that I was a fan of Gaga and she didn't understand. So I explained why she was so good. Her creativity, her talent, her voice. So I showed a few things (bare in mind she only knows Gaga for Pokerface and such) and I could tell she was pleasantly surprised saying "wait, that is Gaga, I never thought she could sing like this".

But this only works with people with an open mind. It's easy these days to dismiss anything you don't wanna hear about, pretending they are beneath you. I pity those people, they are truly socially handicaped and rob themselves of new experiences.

wahkeenasitka

Don't worry I am your age and I get it. Gaga is for me also the only pop star I could ever be a fan of.

Quite frankly I don't think pop star covers her at all. Sure maybe in 2010 but we're 7-8 years into her career now and when you look at her she just transcends through different genres and show cases all her abilities and I'm always hungry to see what she does next. I won't say I am inspired cause I am not a creative person but I sincerely enjoy her "free spirit" roaming through the music industry and just doing her ****. She is the only one that can get away with it too!

I have no problems saying that I am a Gaga fan, even at my age. My co-workers know it, they know I been to the ArtRave last year and I took off for that and they wished me a good time, no funny words or anything. My family knows as well, my cousin actually asked me a few weeks about her when I was listening to Gaga being with U2 why I wanted to hear it. So I told her that I was a fan of Gaga and she didn't understand. So I explained why she was so good. Her creativity, her talent, her voice. So I showed a few things (bare in mind she only knows Gaga for Pokerface and such) and I could tell she was pleasantly surprised saying "wait, that is Gaga, I never thought she could sing like this".

But this only works with people with an open mind. It's easy these days to dismiss anything you don't wanna hear about, pretending they are beneath you. I pity those people, they are truly socially handicaped and rob themselves of new experiences.

nice!! 

& nice to know we're the same age. i often feel like the old fogey on this website. 

same same in a lot of respects... i turned on one of my friends to all of gaga's recent work and he was actually impressed... i don't think he fell in love, but he didn't hate it, nor did he have the same kind of revulsion as people often have to things like Poker Face. 

LoveandMagic

Most of my friends are in the alternative, nerdy, or hipster crowd. They generally feel most pop music is trash, and that Gaga is a gimmick queen. Or they used too. Lately I feel I can talk about Gaga and not get quite the judgement I received before (of course this could just be my imagination). Other than a friend of mine (in that crowd) buying Born This Way I've not noticed any talk about Gaga, good or bad, in general, other than praise for her Oscar and PBS special (general consensus: she can sing very well). 

Now there is my theater alum that do generally like Gaga (or did) since her Fame Monster/BTW days. They are very snobby about it too. I haven't heard anything though since ARTPOP, except of course for her performance at the Oscars (highly praised - they talked about it for days on Facebook which I didn't find out about until a week ago because I NEVER get on Facebook). 

So generally I would have to say that she seems to be seen in a bit more of a favorable light, but who knows.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

I play gaga to friends and co workers and they ask "who is it?", then Im like "why? do you like it?" and they say "YES", and im like "well its Gaga!" and theyre like "oh wow its cool".  :legend:

cool story bro :neyde:

ARTPOPisaChoice

Most of my friends were very turned-off by Gaga at first when I told them but after about three years they saw the light. What most people can't understand is you can like weird, underground music AND Gaga. That's the hardest thing to show people

Hands up to the sky 🌧 I’ll be your galaxy 🌌

Katie14

I enjoyed JesseBabe's comment that his "grandpa in his late 60's is not going to understand or get Lady Gaga."  It prompted me to register and enter this reply!

I am 60 years old, married and have 2 children.  I retired from my job of 37 years this past January.  The joke at work was that I was retiring to have more time to go "Gaga Stalking".  I first saw Gaga perform live at The Monster Ball on 03-31-2011.  My daughter invited me to go with her.  It was surreal.  It took me a couple of weeks to come back down to earth and I have been obsessed ever since.  I have seen Gaga perform 10 additional times since that first concert.  I have often stood (happily!) in one spot for 10 hours or more just to catch a glimpse of Gaga as she drove by.  I know that only another Monster can understand this!!

i love Gaga's music, the way she dances, her beauty and style, her sense of humor and her message of acceptance.  I have been through a lot of music but have never been as crazy about an artist as I am about Gaga.  I think she is amazing.  

Jesse, I hope to see you and your grandfather when the next tour starts ?

I loved reading your comment. Im 23 but sometimes I even feel too old to be on this site so much and to still be so obsessed over a celebrity. I feel like I should have grown out of it.

Its nice to know that there are older people here. I feel like this site could use some more maturity.

hijadeputa

I honestly don't have the balls to say that I listen to Gaga... I know it's bad. Just my nearest friends know and then ma family. My brother says sometimes "shut up you listen to lady gaga" when I shade his music :rip:

edit: now when I think about it, everyone of my friends has respect for her tho. they might not like her music, maybe some songs, but they have learned to respect her since 2 years back 

Pure Adrenaline

I simply dont :gaycat:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

VforVendetta

i was talking to my uncle on skype and his son was there to and he asked me if i still liked gaga (he likes her too) and i said no :rip: 

this b---h better have a comeback so that saying "i like gaga" wont be embarrassing anymore :neyde:

Your reacting was pretty lame though tbh. :reductive2:

Archived