question

When You Tell People You Listen To Gaga

Quasi

Featured Posts

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Warholian

There's such a massive culture right now of forcing yourself to be alternative to the point where people blatantly say they 'hate pop' despite its wide range. Lady Gaga was the face of pop music for a solid 3 or 4 years and in some respect, just by name recognition, she still is. Thanks to that, people will force all hate towards her just for her being the scapegoat of people wishing to be alternative and 'nonconformist'.

Personally my music tastes are far from modern pop despite a fascination and love of Gaga, and due to that, I don't tell anyone I actually enjoy her music. People freak out and make assumptions. People have this idea that anything to do with pop music is... Dare I say, 'low brow'? :blehga:

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

Kulture Kiari

I actually still listen to Gaga in public here and there, not as much, because I'm not so big into music rn. But when I do listen to her, I stop giving people excuses, like they'd say Lady Who?, She's still around?, or Whyyyyy? Out of all artists, why her? 

Um.. because I fücking want to! Personally, we all have different tastes. Someone might think that a certain artist is the new Mozart, while I may think that the same artist is complete basic trash. I gave up giving excuses because it's like talking to a brick wall. Just nod to whatever they say and continue on enjoying your music. This goes out to all artist I listen to tho, not just Gaga. 

PrinceGaga

I told my friends that I like her and was going to the artrave and they just said "oh cool, Iv head she's really good live" - no patronising, no "omg lame", no nothing. My friends are very open minded though so it makes sense that they wouldn't. They all have seen her videos and watch them when they come out. My best mate who doesn't follow her said he watched G.U.Y when it came out and he said he liked the video. 

LaMaisonGaga

I only befriend people who like Gaga so :love:

my two best friends are huge stans and actually I turned them into little monsters. They insist on going to the next pop tour with me and my dad also really adores Gaga. My mom's a hater tho :fat: but I don't five a **** cause her music taste is even worse :fat: 

lamaisongaga.com

Bradley

People around me think she's weird this is inevitable but as far as I am concerned,

they do hum her songs occasionally and Gaga has never been mentioned in a negative way. I remember when "You and I" was seen somewhere in class and there was this girl who said "I am reminded of the Lady Gaga song" I remain silent at that time but then in my heart I was like "omg u actually know You and I?" I was so proud.

mister max

the usually say "ewww, that (wo) men" or " wtf, you listen to lady lip sinc"

stay pressed haters, stay pressed :later:

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

Katie14

After getting tickets for C2C my Mom made it a point to bring up the fact that i'm going to this concert at every friend or family get together. Here are their reactions:

My cousin in her 30s: She said that she heard Gaga is great live and would love to see her.

Family friends in their 50s: They also said they would like to see her as well as Taylor Swift but wouldn't want to put up with screaming fans.

My Dad: His sister just saw the C2C concert so he responded by saying that she loved the show. He also said before the show, "she is apparently pretty talented but is ridiculous".

I told two of my friends that I saw the show and their reactions were pretty basic. One just asked, "did you like that?", and the other said, "They [Tony and Gaga] seem to be quite the duo".

My Mom's reaction has actually been the strangest. She used to openly insult Gaga every time her name was brought up on the radio or on tv, usually saying she is ugly and an idiot. But, after I told her I wanted to see C2C, she kept on bringing it up to other people and telling me all these good things that she heard and read about the tour. After the show she kept asking me if I told my friends about it.  My mom still calls Gaga ugly but she says, "at least she can sing".

CatelynnMarie

Tbh I just don't give a f*ck. I've been a stan since the beginning and if someone chooses not to be a part of our family, then whatever they are missing out. I love Gaga as a person and her music. Yeah it can suck at times if not many people you personally know are into your fave, but at the end of the day, it's what makes you happy and what makes you feel good. I proudly wave my stan flag around because I know how amazing Gaga has made me feel and what her and her music have done for me. I'm proud that she's helped me through my depression/ anxiety/ abusive relationships. If people try to talk sh*t, I get offended and annoyed, but I try to respect their opinions. Unless they are completely false about a thing, then I try to educate them :yes:

Guest ARTPOPSlays

They ask me : Is she still alive? It's been 5 years that she was cool 

OMG I GET THAT TOO! My cousin asked me if she died :messga: and I'm all like, I'm she just won a Grammy! But I love my cousin, she doesn't really have a problem with Gaga

Riot Poof

One time at my high school GSA, I was doing a mini-presentation on gay icons. I brought up Gaga, and the advisor went on a rant about how Gaga ripped off of Madonna and Cher. :giveup: She ended up writing one of my letters of recommendation tho.

My friends and cousins know I love Gaga. Most of them don't have a problem, and some of them like Gaga too.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Jesse Pinkman

They always look at me weird but **** them. I love Gaga and no one is going to change that or make me ashamed.

It's science, bitch

PrincessGaga

Happens to me way too often. Oh well. I still love her to death. She makes me extremely happy and that's all that matters right? :sara:

My bones hurt, from all the shows, but I don't feel the pain 'cause I'm a pro.

InsideOutright

The only Gaga songs I ever listen to in front of other people are her GP-popular hits like Just Dance, Bad Romance, Edge of Glory, and Applause. The other songs I only listen to when I'm alone because I know how people are when it comes to hearing a guy really enjoy listening to Lady Gaga... -__-

Quasi

One time at my high school GSA, I was doing a mini-presentation on gay icons. I brought up Gaga, and the advisor went on a rant about how Gaga ripped off of Madonna and Cher. :giveup: She ended up writing one of my letters of recommendation tho.

My friends and cousins know I love Gaga. Most of them don't have a problem, and some of them like Gaga too.

My junior high teacher used to make fun of Gaga cause he knew I stanned for her.  Nowadays I believe he loves her and I'm in the corner pulling a :trollga:.

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

Archived