Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Is America Turning on Taylor Swift?

craig

Featured Posts

TimisaMonster

America? No...

Her pop peers and some fans...yes

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering

No. Taylor is selling out stadiums, or multi nights at arenas, in the U.S. Her album is still in the top 10 and selling around 100k a month...ten months after it was released. 

If this is America turning on her, I hope America "turns" on Gaga like this for her next era! Lol (really...I'm very happy with Gaga's accomplishments and with whatever comes with the next era!) 

Remember, Gaga backlash started in 2010, but it never effected sales or reputation of TF/TFM. It affected how people received her next album, including some wanting to hate it and trash it advance. 

But Gaga didnt listen to people around her. look at Taylor. She always was pointed for break up songs and yet until now with 1989 she only had one single about a bad relantioship that had a fun video that is an adorable joke.

Compare this with Gaga who when she was no 1 with Born this way, she didnt want to cool down in any way, even if that was what the GP asked from her. Thats ok. Gaga is an artist first. Taylor is a product first, so I expect her to always do the things that keeps her in the charts. The real problems cant come until the next Taylor Swift will come.

Creyk

This is a cool article, very thought-provoking. It actually made me a little scared of her for a second. As much as I like Taylor and her music, I've often wondered if she's hiding something nasty. I have a friend who claims to have worked with her briefly when she interned at a ball field where Taylor was set to perform. These were the early Taylor days, long before her Speak Now record came out. My friend told me she wasn't very nice to her at all.

Now, said friend sometimes has a tendency to stretch things a little, but it's always stuck with me for some reason....

And I do agree with the author about the "self-serving" thing. When put like that, I can kinda see it....

Nobody can be nice all the time

Aww Taylor, I'm worried. Poor girl is becoming overexposed. People are just taking jabs at her because of her sheer success, if her singles were below top 20 no one would give a damn about the other stuff....maybe it's better if the era is discontinued after Wildest Dreams to give people some time apart from her

GypsyPrince

This article pointed out nothing but the truth. But the truth is, majority of the public won't even realise this and see her for who she is. They don't care. So nobody will ever turn on her unless she's really involved in a huge scandal which I don't see happening very soon.

Compare this with Gaga who when she was no 1 with Born this way, she didnt want to cool down in any way, even if that was what the GP asked from her. Thats ok. Gaga is an artist first. Taylor is a product first, so I expect her to always do the things that keeps her in the charts. The real problems cant come until the next Taylor Swift will come.

There are a lot of singers who are products and try to do everything right commercially, but can't keep huge million-debut sales going.

Lack of competition is a mixed blessing. Taylor benefited from having Gaga getting more publicity and Katy being more all over radio, allowing her to present herself as pure, authentic, above pop. Now she is that overexposed fame monster herself, all over radio and the media.

Hurem

"A great day for shade, but a dark day for Katy Perry’s high school English teacher." 

:rip:

DEAD :rip:

Here's another piece from Salon:

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/music/entertainment/the-inevitable-taylor-swift-backlash-begins-watching-the-critical-mad-love-crumble-right-on-schedule/ar-AAdm7mI?ocid=st

The inevitable Taylor Swift backlash begins: Watching the critical mad love crumble, right on schedule

It's almost meteorological. The funny thing about a backlash is the way it opens things up and builds momentum on its own. It's no coincidence that the metaphors we use for a backlash tend to be come from climactic phenomenon -- an opening of the floodgates, a turning of the tide, when it rains it pours. A backlash, though made by human beings, can feel like a part of the natural world and its inexorable forces. And that seems to be what's happening right now with Taylor Swift.

And while there are good things to say about Swift -- her pushing back against streaming services that shaft musicians, for instance -- this tide-turning comes not a moment too soon. I don't say this because I hate Taylor Swift or because I think she's talentless. It's because of the weird consensus that's shaped up around her in the last year or two: That she's a brave young woman who's earned it all herself, that she's "just like us," that she should be lionized for her success at the game of self-branding, that she's a musical genius, that this scion of a multi-generational banking fortune  is -- as the New York Times said of her not long ago -- some kind of "underdog."

monketsharona

When you're too high you're becoming a easy target.

Just look at Gaga during BTW era...

• Shadow locked this topic
  • Kayla unlocked this topic

Archived