šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Would Aura have been more successful than Applause as a lead single?

Warholian

Featured Posts

Exactly! I remember threads from when it was leaked about radio stations eating it up all over the world! People were so taken back by it's amazing production and her killer vocals (the demo vocals) that it could have easily been her next signature hit. Even bigger than Bad Romance! Though, if Aura was the opener for the album single wise, I feel like ARTPOP as a whole would feel hollow. I don't mean to say that other songs on ARTPOP aren't stellar, but Aura's production/thematic vocals blow away almost any song from any of her albums. It's the essential Gaga song, if their were to be a career theme song, it wouldn't be BTW or ARTPOP or Bad Romance, it'd be Aura! It's so Gaga, it's Gaga!(crazy)

I hate that some people think the GP needs a basic track to be pleased. They might not be able to handle MANiCURE level deepness (half probably wouldn't know she's saying Man-cure) but Aura is easy to understand and it'll get you PUMPED. Sorry to ramble, I just abso-****ing-love Aura. Honestly the only hit on ARTPOP that truly got away. (We gave GUY a try, but it's EDM feel and Zedd are out of the trends and over-used back in march)

tl;dr Aura is the hit that got away, and if you don't think that in even the slightest respect, you shouldn't make decisions on behalf of any major artist. #VoteBernieSanders2016

:applause: all this teaĀ 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well obviously Gaga, her team and her label didn't have much faith in Aura as a lead eitherĀ 

gaga wanted it to be the lead thats why she leaked itĀ 

Mister Gaga

No. It's a flawless song, but there's no way it would have performed better than applause. It's experimental, very strange and hard to swallow. Roar would have destroyed itĀ :trollga:

HausOfNena

YES.

Applause is the most overrated song (+ video) on ARTPOP, imo. :shrug:Ā 

Aura demo would have done amazing tbh.:legend:Ā 

Gaga Medicine

If Applause had a good chorus like Aura it would have had a Poker Face impact (3 weeks #1 at least). Because the intro, verses and pre-chorus are so well writen and catchy.

Bradley

God no. Radio wouldn't touch that song

Actually in my opinion the radio would play any song Gaga released asĀ lead singles. Gaga's lead singles have always been huge buzzes and the radios have been supportive of her.

Didymus

It definitely would've made a bigger splash. Applause was a very non-exciting single release. The biggest surprise about that song was how catchy it became after a few listens.

But I don't think Aura would've survived the initial interest long.

gagzus

Exactly! I remember threads from when it was leaked about radio stations eating it up all over the world! People were so taken back by it's amazing production and her killer vocals (the demo vocals) that it could have easily been her next signature hit. Even bigger than Bad Romance! Though, if Aura was the opener for the album single wise, I feel like ARTPOP as a whole would feel hollow. I don't mean to say that other songs on ARTPOP aren't stellar, but Aura's production/thematic vocals blow away almost any song from any of her albums. It's the essential Gaga song, if their were to be a career theme song, it wouldn't be BTW or ARTPOP or Bad Romance, it'd be Aura! It's so Gaga, it's Gaga!(crazy)

I hate that some people think the GP needs a basic track to be pleased. They might not be able to handle MANiCURE level deepness (half probably wouldn't know she's saying Man-cure) but Aura is easy to understand and it'll get you PUMPED. Sorry to ramble, I just abso-****ing-love Aura. Honestly the only hit on ARTPOP that truly got away. (We gave GUY a try, but it's EDM feel and Zedd are out of the trends and over-used back in march)

tl;dr Aura is the hit that got away, and if you don't think that in even the slightest respect, you shouldn't make decisions on behalf of any major artist. #VoteBernieSanders2016

this is literally contradictory since you defended Aura a complextro heavy EDM song and then saying EDM is out of trend when House is the current "in" sound, House is EDM &Ā when G.U.Y. is more dance-pop than full EDM.

To answer the OP:Ā 

It would've done the same but for less time, it would've shot up to number one and fell down before the end of week one as Applause did because of fans buying it. Applause stayed up based on GP appeal, if Roar wasn't around I'd say it'd have been #1 for at least several weeks tbh.

I still would've liked the singles to have been (for me personally, idc what anyone else wanted);

MJH

MANiCURE/Sex Dreams

Donatella/Fashion!

Venus

Applause
Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Archived