question

Do you dislike the mastering of ARTPOP?

Benji

Featured Posts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morphine Prince

Nope, I actually love the mastering in ARTPOP. BTW's is a little messy at times though, but it's still the better album. 

Supersonic

Yarite, that's why Bad Romance flopped so hard :saladga:

The production on Bad Romance is mushy and the mastering is average at best. Running the song through a spectrometer shows that most of the frequencies abover 20 kHz have been cut off. That basically renders the song to a meager 256kpbs mp3 quality in lossless format :saladga:

The general public does not care for mastering/production. If they did, half of the current Top 10 in the USA would be flopping :saladga:

The demo linked in the OP is SO MUCH BETTER.

The vocals (often drowned by the production) are so much more audible. 

The louder vocals really do give it that extra punch that was mentioned.

Only downside is that the bridge isn't as finished, and the "make it real loud" in the final chorus isn't as good as the final.

Tove Lo

Aura demo - Aura final version. The biggest **** that Gaga has ever made, changing the demo to the album version.

I'm pretty sure we've gone over this a lot, the label wanted her to change it since she leaked the demo or original version. :awkney: 

hop on that **** like a maniac

TheFame Monster

I'm pretty sure we've gone over this a lot, the label wanted her to change it since she leaked the demo or original version. :awkney: 

I thought she changed it so she had a better chance of releasing it as a single

Brooke Candy

Interscope RUINED ARTPOP. It's all their fault

buy 'Paper or Plastic' by Brooke candy on iTunes NOW!!

djBuffoon

I think ARTPOP has the most muscular, textured, frankly brilliant production of her discography so far. I'm constantly staggered with the nuance and flair in pretty much every track. 

crisTEAne

the only thing noticeable for me is that the vocals are louder in the demo. :shrug: 

but, as we know, some may consider my hearing to be problematic. :stalkga:

jk :delete2:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Ursula Buffay

The production on Bad Romance is mushy and the mastering is average at best. Running the song through a spectrometer shows that most of the frequencies abover 20 kHz have been cut off. That basically renders the song to a meager 256kpbs mp3 quality in lossless format :saladga:

The general public does not care for mastering/production. If they did, half of the current Top 10 in the USA would be flopping :saladga:

Calm down Beethoven

Supersonic

Calm down Beethoven

Why do people always say that when they pick fights with people who know their sh*t lmfao

Pierre

I think one of the only very small flaws I have with ARTPOP is her voice, the productions is flawless, the layers are amazing. Applause :giveup: 

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

Archived