💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I don't understand people who still want autotune in every Gaga's songs

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

Guest ARTPOPSlays

you guys do know the difference between autotune and vocal/pitch correction right...

because she's forever used the latter and only used the former like 3 times

also her putting out an all acoustic album or stripped album would be disastrous have y'all not seen the comments about Dope and her unedited voice in acoustic pop songs like Dope from fans aka her main demographic nnnn

besides it's 100000% obvious that the next album is electronic and she can't sing it without some editing to her vocals, because let's be real her vocals live to some of her songs are terrible (especially at artRAVE :rip:)

What songs are terrible?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagzus

What songs are terrible?

most of her upbeat ones when she sings them live and she can't sing them, especially from ARTPOP

Guest ARTPOPSlays

Are you reffering to songs like G.U.Y. Donatella and MJH? I've noticed that she sung the verses to those songs all in the same tone which don't match up to the album. However I don't think that they are terrible, I think they are great! But that's your opinion and in gonna respect that! :kisses:

Guest ARTPOPSlays

I don't mind auto tune! Either way I'm happy! I do think that she will use less auto tune then usual 

AbuHassan1992

to whoever is saying gaga uses pitch correction and not autotune:

Autotune is pitch correction duh. You choose the key of the song, and the plug-in changes the off notes to the nearest note in the set key. Depending on the response time you set, it can sound more or less natural. With a slow response time, the notes change instantly, creating an artificial and robotic effect, but if you set it to around 100 milliseconds, it's not as noticeable. 

However, I'm sure the engineers or whoever edits her vocals just don't set it and leave it on the automatic mode. He probably either uses the antares autotune graphic mode, or melodyne, which are essentially the same thing. The audio is viewable on a piano roll, kinda like midi notes, and you can drag the notes wherever you want, and change the vibrato, how to notes glide between one another, etc.

In most of her songs, the pitch correction is very subtle, but you can still hear it if you really listen for it. Just dance and GUY, for example, have very obvious pitch correction on them. 

As far as I can tell, the only song she ever released without any autotune or other means of pitch correction, is Dope. There's autotune on all her other songs, and there's nothing wrong with it. She obviously doesn't need it, but it blends the vocals into the rest of the mix very well.

And some people need to differentiate between a vocoder and auto tune. A lot of the processing in heavy metal lover that people think is auto tune is actually a vocoder, e.g. when she sings "heavy metal lover" int he intro and the chorus, and during the spoken bridge.  

The T pain and Cher effect is obviously not corrective as much as it is creative, for effect. 

GloZell Green

We need more raw vocals, but also backing vocals. I mean, it just sounds better. But since autotune is the thing now :awkney:. She should have some auto tuned songs but not the whole album.

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Bradley

I was referring this to the point where the OP says that he wanted no autotune :P 

Oh I misread it as "Gaga better have better backing vocals for the next album"

Archived