💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

LISTEN: Vanessa Carlton makes us ugly-cry with new song

PoshLife

Featured Posts

PoshLife

Vanessa Carlton - the piano songstress best-known for "A Thousand Miles" and "White Houses" - is teasing an upcoming EP and album with the release of a new song, "Nothing Where Something Used to Be." The song was recorded live, in one take, with Carlton on keys (of course) and singing. The song has a beautiful, ethereal, delicate vibe to it, and is highly relatable to anyone who's lost a lover or friend.

“I like to call this song my teen break-up anthem,” says Carlton. “The whole ‘do it’ section in the song is about wishing someone was more courageous and open with you. I think nothing is more attractive than someone who is able to show you all their cards. So if you are on a love cliff—that super high and terrifying cliff—jump. Just jump.”

Lyrics in the spoiler:

I will admit that you're the closest I have come
There's just something about you that I trust
I didn't say but I was sad to see you go
You went back to the ghost, I went back to what I know

Seems like every night, meet my friends at some bar
I tell myself I'm thinking but I'm just drinking
til I feel far away
Saw your buddy, said he talked to you last week
Said you seemed pretty bummed, you've been wanting to call me
do it do it do it do it
you should do it do it
do it do it

Cause now there's nothing where something used to be

It's confusing cause I'm the one that left, it was preemptive
I don't know who I am
Are we all searching for something we don't understand?
Someone else to see through our battle plans
You should do it do it
do it do it
You should do it do it
do it do it

I try to remember there's no future there's no past
I try to remember if it can last then it will last
Try to remember it

You should do it do it, do it do it
You should do it do it, do it do it

This is the second song she's given us for the upcoming EP, "Blue Pool," which is out July 24. Listen to the first song, "Blue Pool," here.

LaMaisonGaga

I just had to read her name and I immediately blasted singing "MAKING MY WAY DOWNTOWN..." while imagening the scene from White Chicks.

lamaisongaga.com

PoshLife

I love that White Chicks is her legacy :lmao:Nowadays she's making these beautiful, somber songs and that's always what she'll be known for.

Giorno Giovanna

Vanessa Carlton - the piano songstress best-known for "A Thousand Miles" and "White Houses" - is teasing an upcoming EP and album with the release of a new song, "Nothing Where Something Used to Be." The song was recorded live, in one take, with Carlton on keys (of course) and singing. The song has a beautiful, ethereal, delicate vibe to it, and is highly relatable to anyone who's lost a lover or friend.

“I like to call this song my teen break-up anthem,” says Carlton. “The whole ‘do it’ section in the song is about wishing someone was more courageous and open with you. I think nothing is more attractive than someone who is able to show you all their cards. So if you are on a love cliff—that super high and terrifying cliff—jump. Just jump.”

Lyrics in the spoiler:

Hidden Content

This is the second song she's given us for the upcoming EP, "Blue Pool," which is out July 24. Listen to the first song, "Blue Pool," here.

I'm glad I'm one who is able to open up and be straight up honest, and show people I care for my open cards. I think life gets easier and less stressfull BUT it still doesn't always work like that, if the other person you care for isn't like that, it might be wasted time, cause they are often not content with themselves

ă“ăźă‚žăƒ§ăƒ«ăƒŽă‚žăƒ§ăƒŽă‚ĄăƒłăƒŠć€ąăŒă‚ă‚‹

Archived