Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

[ALL COLLECTIONS HERE] Paris Fall 2015 - Couture Shows.

Pierre

Featured Posts

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SychosSoChic

you're back :giveup: hi

PACO :cryga: I MISSED YOU 

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

SychosSoChic

Same :messga: 

How you been boo? Did I miss any meltdowns? 

How you been boo? Did I miss any meltdowns? 

I've been okay(-ish) :Chica: 

Not that i recall, haven't posted much recently so idk,i think you missed the iconic thread about veganism tho :neyde:  

SychosSoChic

I've been okay(-ish) :Chica: 

Not that i recall, haven't posted much recently so idk,i think you missed the iconic thread about veganism tho :neyde:  

I dont, or acknowledge that flop lifestyle :excuseu:

I dont, or acknowledge that flop lifestyle :excuseu:

Preach :excuseu: I love juicy meat and i cannot lie :Chica: 

freebit

Armani Privè - beautiful, loved the color palette

Alexander Vauthier - reheated Versace/Cavalli. Mid 00s teas. How is he even showing this cheap crap during Paris Couture week? Like...lol

Chanel - boring, lackluster

Versace - pure trash

Elie Saab - a recycled feeling yet again, but ngl, still gorgeous.

Zuhair Murad - See Elie Saab above. I liked the blue starry looking dresses.

Schiaparelli - This whole collection reminded me of Gaga and where's she at currently when it comes to her image of classy but punk sort of looks. 

Ulyana Sergeenko - Hit and miss, the lengths were awful on certain dresses. I liked the embroidered pieces. 

Alexis Mabille - Loved it, stunning. Perfect casting too (unlike Chanel with their Kendell Jenner/Rita Ora bs).

KyliesChild

Viktor and Rolf Review:

Lets start off by saying this: Fashion is art, but is art fashion? The answer could be “both". Before we jump to conclusions we shall put meaning into things that already exist meaning to it. Let's do this by looking into the Viktor & Rolf collection. Some fabrics are really light, like a canvas — frame and all—plus polished oxfords. Yet the toile was actually linen bonded to white crepe, which is not strange as the collection is called “Wearable Art". The odd white structures seen on most on this collection must signify that not only the clothes in this collection you wear is subjective, the true art is certainly in who dares to wear the clothes which doubles the models as “performance artists".

There was also many colors in this collection, yet all of the clothes worn on the runway were kept very consistent. There was even very infamous paintings printed onto the dresses. There was many irregular shapes in this collection. They were showcased in a less classy, more edgy kind of way. The whole idea of the collection reminded me of Pop Art, and how it found meaning into popular things. For example, if you take off the top layers of clothing on it it would look quite like if you are the artist, not the art itself. The collection puts  art in front. The painting “melting" feeling gave a feeling of graffiti so it is cool to use that concept of putting old things into new things (old as in the paintings). And, this collection would be very challenging to do since you do not want to look pretentious.

“The designers took to the stage to liberate models from their canvas robes, subsequently hanging them on the wall. One outfit unfolded into a series of three paintings with canvas spilling out from the gilded frames, while others revealed themselves to be proper wall sculptures. Horsting divulged that this hadn’t been easy. “It took some trial and error,” he said with a smile." as said by WWD. So, “both?" is the right answer as seen by this collection.
This collection is: 7.8 out of 10.

Archived