💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

TMZ : Things Just Got Real With Madonna (Real Desperate)

Enhsa

Featured Posts

shaneybaby

Bad Blood had a plot? :awkney:

haha no it did not for sure but she did tie in her cameos better and they weren't faded images for a millisecond. at least she filmed with most of them 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was talking about Madonna's last two eras as a whole though. :emma: It felt very "I AM YOUNG AND COOL AND HIP" instead of "My age doesn't prevent me from being a bad b---h."

oh I see :rip: This era's problematic for a few reasons for sure, but I'm sure a more mature period will return eventually. 

Sizzily

I don't think its desperate, its just cheap. We've seen the themes and imagery Madonna has put in previous videos. Even some of her videos that aren't very imaginative still have good dancing and what not. This video just seemed like she was saying "I know all these other celebrities and I can have them in a video if I want because I'm Madonna." Actually, that exactly what it is. Granted, a single like "Bitch, I'm Madonna" doesn't have many options for imagery or anything, but she could have done better than this. 

She's Madonna but this video is not Madonna.

One Banned Boi

Yanko

There are actually some pretty good arguments here, and I understand that many people would like Madonna to go more mature, artistic route and fear she is trying to play catch up with the other pop girls. And maybe she is, but I don't think so. I honestly think she is just trying to have fun, at least in this case. Would I love another Ray of Light or Frozen? Absolutely-f*cking-lutely. But I think she should also have fun. Maybe she is acting immature in this video. But is it any better when a twenty year old does the exact same thing? Madonna is known for being provocative and controversial. She has always been a s-xual entity. If you tell her she can't do something she will do her best to prove you wrong. So she may be rebelling here a little. After Ghost Town, she may have just wanted to do something fun and silly and may even be poking fun at herself a little.

Honestly, I'm judging the final product. Over all I thought the video was very fun. Very cool colors and just a simple party theme. I do think the cameos are unnecessary and probably are a bit of an ego boost or a marketing ploy. Madonna has always had a bit of an ego. It's part of what drives her. And she is also known as being very business savvy. It's smart to include these big names to get people to pay attention to the video. 

I would be interested to see her take a different direction for her next album, but at this point her legacy is secured and she will get the big tour sales so she can basically do whatever she wants. I do think she will want to make a more mature album eventually, maybe she is just waiting for the right inspiration. You never know with Madonna. 

WHERE IS THE LIE 

NOWHERE :applause: 

Psychedelic

So some people say this isn't about ageism but about artistry. Ok, riiiiiiight! They want Madonna to be doing Ray Of Light-ish thiungs at this age, they come up with the 'I wish she did things like Frozen' stuff. Guess what, that's not a valid point either!

Life is a roller coaster, and so is artistic life. Madonna has had time to be mature, deep and emotional even before her 40's, if she wants to be a rebel Avril Lavigne look-alike at almost 60... that's her thing, that's her problem, it's her musical career, not YOURS! I'm sure she will have time to give us some more mature material in the future. But what's up with these people wanting artists to recreate a specific material or go in a determined route they went through, in their careers previously? Who sets the standars? Who makes the rules?

She is not damaging her legacy, she is epanding it. They said similar things about her during Erotica, and see what happened later... Gosh, I know the road has ups and downs, but we ultimately have to enjoy the ride.

I'm not very happy with what she's doing now either, I say it once and go on. Why do people feel the need to repeatedly opinate about this like mantra. Like that's gonna get Madonna to do what you want her do. By the time that happens, other people will be complaining and praising what she is doing now. What's the point?

A Beaverhausen

She's not desperate. She's doing what we all wanna do in our 50s. Id rather be having fun, living life than to be sitting home with ****ing cats.

AMEN!!!!!!!

Chromatislaps

Why not have a fun video with friends. It fits the theme. When I heard the song, I thought of partying hanging out with friends, drinking, etc. Do they except a serious heart touching video with the song being "Bitch, I'm Madonna". 

I expected a music video in the vein of Project X.....the BIM music video seems tame compared to that

I try to see all sides but I know I've slipped up a few times. But thank you. :) 

Hmm is after everyone - very annoying -

Bad Blood had a plot? :awkney:

That was my first thought! :teehee:

We're all Stronger Together!

NewYorkCity

Now for everyone who critices Madonna the response is: ageism

lmao.

if gaga did this video I would say it is bad too.

But you wanna talk about ageism? Ok

- there is a time for everything. If I saw an 8 years old with a pacifier, diapers and sleeping in a crib I would say: WTF!?

Same goes here.

- she is fighting ageism? I don't see 50-60yo people partying in the video. I see her surrounded by pretty young people. More like: hey I fit here! I can be with young people! I am also young! Buy my music young people!

- a 50yo woman kissing a 20yo boy? YASS SLAY YOU SO COOL MADONNA. 

If a man did that... well, let's see what the comments would be.

She would get more attention by the younger generation if she released QUALITY music. She is just jumping on trends, which is very sad coming from a person who has given us such an amazing music and videos during her carreer.

She was releasing amazing music which sounded fresh on her 30s, and it wasn't jazz music. So it is not about your age, it is about the quality. 

Archived