Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Diplo: Confused That Madonna Not Allowed to Be Sexy But Caitlyn Jenner is?

faux

Featured Posts

Houdini

There's a huge difference between Caitlyn Jenner's Vanity Fair cover and Madonna whipping her tit out on stage or showing her ass at the Grammys. If Caitlyn was doing those things she'd be getting the exact same comments.

We are not talking about this actually. Even when Madonna shows up dressed properly she gets thousand of negative calls about her age. 

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ItsTommyBitch

Doesn't dehumanising people go against your SJW handbook? 

-

Most people either seem to casually forget or choose to forget that Madonna had a mature and 'classy' period. Diplo's points are slightly off because in neither case is there a legitimate element of 'not being allowed to' so it really comes down to 'why do people think Madonna's not s-xy but Caitlyn Jenner is'. :shrug: 

I knew Madonna was your breaking point :green: 

I'm pretty sure its the way they go about doing it, on top of personal taste. I think Caitlyn looks elegant and classy rather than "s-xy" but that's just my opinion. Caitlyn isn't a provocateur the way Madonna is, which can be off-putting to people, regardless of age. I know some people say the same about Gaga personally for example :shrug:It's the way she portrays herself, not what she wears per say; some say it seems gimmicky and ingenuine. That's certainly a valid reason as to "why". It also comes down to some people simply not finding Madonna herself attractive, which is certainly possible :hunty: Same for Caitlyn, or really anyone really. Attractiveness/s-xiness is not objective or universal (in fact its quite Eurocentric :hunty:)

Some if it also probably s-xism/irrational hate for Madonna herself BECAUSE of who she is/what she stands for/what she does/how she acts :emma: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

pie-kun

We are not talking about this actually. Even when Madonna shows up dressed properly she gets thousand of negative calls about her age. 

The tweet was specifically referencing Madonna being s-xy, not going some place dressed 'properly'. 

And *gasp* a pop star gets negative comments on the internet?? They're called trolls and any artist who is even remotely popular get negative comments from them as well. Welcome to the internet.

Yanko

but but...she's expressing herself !11!1!!! :green:

yes

whats wrong with expressing yourself? 

Houdini

The tweet was specifically referencing Madonna being s-xy, not going some place dressed 'properly'. 

And *gasp* a pop star gets negative comments on the internet?? They're called trolls and any artist who is even remotely popular get negative comments from them as well. Welcome to the internet.

And ? Madonna is probably the person who gets the most negative press about her age. Gaga showing her ass during tour is okay and very cool but Madonna it's not. What's the point ?

I knew Madonna was your breaking point :green: 

I'm pretty sure its the way they go about doing it, on top of personal taste. I think Caitlyn looks elegant and classy rather than "s-xy" but that's just my opinion. Caitlyn isn't a provocateur the way Madonna is, which can be off-putting to people, regardless of age. I know some people say the same about Gaga personally for example :shrug:It's the way she portrays herself, not what she wears per say; some say it seems gimmicky and ingenuine. That's certainly a valid reason as to "why". It also comes down to some people simply not finding Madonna herself attractive, which is certainly possible :hunty: Same for Caitlyn, or really anyone really. Attractiveness/s-xiness is not objective or universal (in fact its quite Eurocentric :hunty:)

Why'd you answer that bit though :rip: I'm aware people view 's-xiness' differently and that people can have different reasoning for it :green: 

Madonna's provocative behaviour definitely comes into it though and it's definitely natural that people are dissauded I guess because no pop-star took it further than she has (and that was in the early 90s), she is the definition of controversial and provocative in pop if there ever was one :green: 

Ladey Gagz

What the actual ****?  How unintelligent can Diplo honestly get?  Both Caitlyn and Madonna are both in the public eye, no **** they are going to get ridiculed for SOME reason or another.  What is so difficult to understand?  Madonna has haters for years upon years who have (unsuccessfully) tried to bring her down.  I wish everyone would stop acting like since Madonna hit 50 years old, she magically gained massive amounts of haters and negative press just because of her age when in reality there's people who dislike her for reasons that date back to Erotica and Like a Prayer.  Not every single thing that Madonna is criticized for has to do with her age.  Some people don't like Caitlyn Jenner for personal beliefs and reasons, and the same goes for Madonna.  Why the hell do these two completely different situations have to be compared?  

Because he's talking about haters who hate her for her age. If you look at comments anywhere (even of GGD, even in this thread in fact :deadbanana: ) people are telling her to act her age, that she's trying to be young again by trying to be s-xy, that she's too old for that. And that's the haters he's comparing, which is completely valid.

pie-kun

And ? Madonna is probably the person who gets the most negative press about her age. Gaga showing her ass during tour is okay and very cool but Madonna it's not. What's the point ?

And this has what to do with the tweet? The tweet was falsely stating that Caitlyn is somehow 'allowed' to be s-xy and Madonna is not which is not true because:

1. Caitlyn Jenner DID get a lot of negative comments, even from celebrities and public figures.

2. You can't compare Caitlyn's rather tame magazine cover to the much more risque things Madonna has done.

That was my point.

darkchylde

Doesn't dehumanising people go against your SJW handbook? 

ayy lmao you're right

thefamebitch

Because he's talking about haters who hate her for her age. If you look at comments anywhere (even of GGD, even in this thread in fact :deadbanana: ) people are telling her to act her age, that she's trying to be young again by trying to be s-xy, that she's too old for that. And that's the haters he's comparing, which is completely valid.

The haters of both Madonna and Caitlyn hate them for different reasons.  The haters of Caitlyn could care less if she was 35 or 65, they dislike Caitlyn because Caitlyn used to be Bruce, a male. I have yet to hear anyone in person, in the media or online say anything negative about what Caitlyn wears because of her age.  By the way, Caitlyn is 9 years older than Madonna is.  

Ladey Gagz

The haters of both Madonna and Caitlyn hate them for different reasons.  The haters of Caitlyn could care less if she was 35 or 65, they dislike Caitlyn because Caitlyn used to be Bruce, a male. I have yet to hear anyone in person, in the media or online say anything negative about what Caitlyn wears because of her age.  

That's exactly Diplo's point :emma: He's saying nobody is criticizing Caitlyn for trying to be s-xy at her age, but Madonna gets constant hate for it.

Yeah but a madonna can act s-xy while acting her age... The main problem is that she doesn't act her age 

not true 

thefamebitch

That's exactly Diplo's point :emma: He's saying nobody is criticizing her for trying to be s-xy at her age, but Madonna gets constant hate for it.

Caitlyn doesn't get called out for being older and not "acting her age" because she does act her age.... I haven't seen Caitlyn exposing her breasts or butt, nor have I seen her writhing on the ground touching herself either. 

Who is even complaining about Madonna trying to be "s-xy"?

People are complaining because she's being silly and stupid. It's just below her. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Archived