celeb

Miley : Bey would never cheer Katy

Enhsa

Featured Posts

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kacey Elizabeth

'Kay I wasn't gonna say anything but now you are being straight up ridiculous and hypocritical on top of that. :smh:

Let's start with artistry KatyCat489. Beyonce on her self titled displayed more artistry and maturity in 14 tracks than Katy has throughout her career. From the opening track, Pretty Hurts, she discusses a social issue which has plagued humanity for year: the concept of beauty. That track alone proves she has grown as an artist. Meanwhile, your fave is singing about having her ex boyfriend hang himself with a scarf and also singing about how pretty and undeniable Californians are. Hmm. Deep introspective of the concept of beauty vs "Californian gurls, we're undeniable" and "ur so gay!". Hmmm. I'd much rather Beyonce talk about acrual adult topics. :) 

Secondly, live performing. Beyonce is hailed as one of the best natural performers of our time and the fact that you say there is no diversity in her performances says one of two things:

You're a hater who's in denial

OR

You don't have a good eye for diversity. 

Her dancing is way better than those of certain pop stars. Beyonce's dancing is professional and clearly well rehearsed. Single Ladies' choreo is literally the definition of iconic. If you compare the hip hop inspired choreo of Crazy in Love to say Partition, you will see the clear difference. Partition being more sultry and slow. Her performances have DRASTICALLY changed over the years from being more fun and dancey to being more dark and matured. That's an example of artistic growth. unlike other pop stars. *cough* I Kissed A girl to Birthday *cough*

Her stage presence is that which far out weighs katys. Sorry. The strong, fearless, comfortable and ICONIC aura which radiates as she performs is phenomenal. Hence why Mrs. Carter World Tour is one of the best grossing female tours OF ALL TIME. 

GIRL BYE @ YOU BRINGING UP GRAMMYS. :lmao: The reason she has so many Grammys is 'cause she makes good music. Poor grammyless pop stars. :( 

Your pressed stan posts failed. 

You are obviously cherry-picking. You pick up a song like Pretty Hurts and compare it to songs like California Gurls and Ur So Gay. Ur So Gay is from 2007/One Of The Boys era and California Gurls is from 2010/Teenage Dream era. You are comparing songs from Beyonce's latest era to songs from Katy's previous eras. While you're at mentioning Katy's songs and discussing their meanings, how about you mention and discuss songs like Thinking Of You, The Box, Simple, I Think I'm Ready, I'm Still Breathing, Lost, Pearl, Who Am I Living For?, Circle The Drain, Firework, The One That Got Away, Wide Awake, Unconditionally, Ghost, Love Me, This Moment, By The Grace Of God, It Takes Two, and Choose Your Battles as well? Or maybe not, because they'll make your point seem completely invalid and incoherent. Oh, and don't forget to mention and discuss the meaning of Beyonce's songs like Drunk In Love and Partition too. LMAO. You probably haven't even listened to any of Katy's albums in full, and only have listened to her radio and chart topping hits, cause if you did, you would know that Katy grows and evolves as an artist and musician in each era. 

What I meant by Beyonce having no diversity as a performer was that she does the same choreography for a certain song all the time in all her tours and eras. She doesn't change the choreography for a song. Plus, Beyonce's dance moves are vey repetitive and are basic when compared to dance moves of people like Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Britney at her prime, and etc... Some of Beyonce's dance moves are just her shaking her butt anyway. 

No. Beyonce has her dad working in the recording academy and there are many speculations that because she has her dad being a member of the recording academy, she wins most of her Grammys. Looks like you're the one in denial. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Tropico

You are obviously cherry-picking. You pick up a song like Pretty Hurts and compare it to songs like California Gurls and Ur So Gay. Ur So Gay is from 2007/One Of The Boys era and California Gurls is from 2010/Teenage Dream era. You are comparing songs from Beyonce's latest era to songs from Katy's previous eras. While you're at mentioning Katy's songs and discussing their meanings, how about you mention and discuss songs like Thinking Of You, The Box, Simple, I Think I'm Ready, I'm Still Breathing, Lost, Pearl, Who Am I Living For?, Circle The Drain, Firework, The One That Got Away, Wide Awake, Unconditionally, Ghost, Love Me, This Moment, By The Grace Of God, It Takes Two, and Choose Your Battles as well? Or maybe not, because they'll make your point seem completely invalid and incoherent. Oh, and don't forget to mention and discuss the meaning of Beyonce's songs like Drunk In Love and Partition too. LMAO. You probably haven't even listened to any of Katy's albums in full, and only have listened to her radio and chart topping hits, cause if you did, you would know that Katy grows and evolves as an artist and musician in each era. 

What I meant by Beyonce having no diversity as a performer was that she does the same choreography for a certain song all the time in all her tours and eras. She doesn't change the choreography for a song. Plus, Beyonce's dance moves are vey repetitive and are basic when compared to dance moves of people like Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Britney at her prime, and etc... Some of Beyonce's dance moves are just her shaking her butt anyway. 

No. Beyonce has her dad working in the recording academy and there are many speculations that because she has her dad being a member of the recording academy, she wins most of her Grammys. Looks like you're the one in denial. 

Honey, I could bring up Katy's new stuff. Dark Horse? Birthday? This is How We Do? You can pull out these "meaningful" songs but that doesn't take away from the fact that Katy is still trying to sell herself as a plastic pop star. Meanwhile, on the other side of the specturm, Beyonce IS indeed making sultry songs but she does so in a mature way. Like an ADULT.. Sorry but the seductive darkness of Partition is much better than "Time to bring out the big balloons!" :smh: 

You clearly dont know anything about different dancing methods.

1.) "just her shaking her butt anyway" THE LIES :lmao: You either lyring, so pressed that you're delusional or are making this up.

2. Her dancing techniques are completely different to those of Britneys. That doesn't make them any less impressive. :smh: 

3.) "Basic" said the Katy stan

4.) "repetitive" Honestly, this is just getting ridiculous.

5.) Most artists keep the same choreography for an old song... This is common sense. They work on making very different choreo for NEW songs.

Katy Kat. get over it. Bey has 20 more GRAMMYS than Katy and that isn't because she's cheating. Just look at a lot of Grammy winners like Adele, Beck and Sam. They SNATCH Grammys because they're making mature music which isn't a clear attempt at Top 10. Stay With Me would obviously snatch more Grammys than All About That Bass. We can draw connections to Bey and Katy. What do you think the Grammys are gonna favor? "'Cause you're hot and your cold. You're yes then you're no. We fight we break up. We kiss we make up." OR 

"Mama said "you're a pretty girl.

What's in your head...

It doesn't matter!""

The answer is obvious. The GRAMMYS just know what they like. And that's how Bey snatches.

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Kacey Elizabeth

Don't lie to yourself, she wouldn't be singing about big baloons and dressing like a clown at the age of 30, if she had full creative control of her sound and image. She's a manufactured artist, with huge team and big bosses in suits who decide how to market her the best to both little girls and their daddies. It's like fast food.

Lie to myself? Please. Katy left Columbia records in 2004 because they denied her creative direction and control over her career, image, and music, and then she signed with Capitol a few years later. Capitol did not changed her btw. Changing Katy's image and her style & genre of music was a thing that Capitol did not agree to do. Katy changed herself. It's called reinvention and evolution. If you get to know Katy by watching her interviews, movie, and deeply research about her, you would know that she is very fun and playful and has a colorful personality and doesn't takes herself seriously and she still is very young by heart (even though she is 30 and that's not old). Katy always express herself and that's why you have her write and releasing songs like Birthday and making videos like Birthday's official music video, although those are not the only things that Katy's material and body of work are completely about. Even though Katy does appeal to some pre teen girls, there are many pre teen kids who don't like her as well. Katy has found and owns her own record label now and I'm pretty sure that now Katy has created her own record label, Capitol will need her more than ever. Even Capitol's CEO has soda that Katy is the brain of her own operation, meaning that Katy drives the ship in her career and music and she is the boss of her own image, music, and career, which is pretty much the same thing other people who've worked with Katy have said.

It's easy to think that Katy is a manufactured artist because of her image and her popular music, but when you do research about her, you'll see that that's not the case at all. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Sugarfall

Don't lie to yourself, she wouldn't be singing about big baloons and dressing like a clown at the age of 30, if she had full creative control of her sound and image. She's a manufactured artist, with huge team and big bosses in suits who decide how to market her the best to both little girls and their daddies. It's like fast food.

Gaga is obviously manufactured because she dresses up like a clown and sings about getting a tan in Taipei at almost 30.

No. You can't say something like that with such vague explanation :flop: 

lego

Gaga is obviously manufactured because she dresses up like a clown and sings about getting a tan in Taipei at almost 30.

No. You can't say something like that with such vague explanation :flop: 

Will you stop dragging Gaga to every thread which has nothing to do with her?

You guys really need better arguments to defend your fave without bringing Gaga down.

Donatella was a satirical song, a tribute to her friend.  It was not a childish single with lyrics with s-xual innuendos to appeal to both little girls and adults who love big boobs. I find that really creepy.

And in which video was Gaga dressed up as a clown? Are you talking about Applause? Pierrot is often referenced in pop culture, that video was artistic and not aimed at 5 year olds. 

FreePalestine

GagaMyBlood95

may I ask why?

Because her whole image and style and songs are built in a way to be likeable to children and young teens. I'm not necessarily saying that's a bad thing because she is good at what she does.

lego

Lie to myself? Please. Katy left Columbia records in 2004 because they denied her creative direction and control over her career, image, and music, and then she signed with Capitol a few years later. Capitol did not changed her btw. Changing Katy's image and her style & genre of music was a thing that Capitol did not agree to do. Katy changed herself. It's called reinvention and evolution. If you get to know Katy by watching her interviews, movie, and deeply research about her, you would know that she is very fun and playful and has a colorful personality and doesn't takes herself seriously and she still is very young by heart (even though she is 30 and that's not old). Katy always express herself and that's why you have her write and releasing songs like Birthday and making videos like Birthday's official music video, although those are not the only things that Katy's material and body of work are completely about. Even though Katy does appeal to some pre teen girls, there are many pre teen kids who don't like her as well. Katy has found and owns her own record label now and I'm pretty sure that now Katy has created her own record label, Capitol will need her more than ever. Even Capitol's CEO has soda that Katy is the brain of her own operation, meaning that Katy drives the ship in her career and music and she is the boss of her own image, music, and career, which is pretty much the same thing other people who've worked with Katy have said.

It's easy to think that Katy is a manufactured artist because of her image and her popular music, but when you do research about her, you'll see that that's not the case at all. 

30 years old is not old, but there is a difference between not taking yourself too seriously and being way too immature, like when she visited all those museums in Italy. Cringeworthty. 

I hope you never get banned, because you're making me laugh a lot. Keep'em coming. :green: 

FreePalestine

Fame Romance

not sure what she is talking about.

That's my case too.

Kacey Elizabeth

30 years old is not old, but there is a difference between not taking yourself too seriously and being way too immature, like when she visited all those museums in Italy. Cringeworthty. 

I hope you never get banned, because you're making me laugh a lot. Keep'em coming. :green: 

Ok

Your Candy Perfume Girl

SEVDALIZA

Okay, so let's all just go completely off topic because a Katy fan decided to start instigating.

Y'all should drop the sh*t and perhaps applaud Miley for all the support she's providing to homeless and LGBTQ+ people.

operating from another world

nativenewyorker

so she's trying to say Bey knows shes above everyone else and doesn't show support for her peers/the lessors? 

true statement 

this applies to Gaga as well tbh

jojuun

Are some of you seriously comparing Katy Perry to Beyoncé? Is that even necessary? Face the truth, both are hugely popular and successful in their own right but there is NO WAY anyone can seriously put them on the same pedestal. Katy Perry makes Top 40 jams. Beyoncé occasionally shows up on Top 40 and snatches iconic hits once every era but she doesn't make music in order for it to do what Katy's songs do. Compare Beyoncé's entire last album campaign with Katy's approach. Beyoncé literally announced her record saying "I'm trying to make a record, I want my fans to experience a record, not just a bunch of quick singles." Basically the exact opposite of Katy Perry who is undoubtedly also an album seller but mostly a single-monster. That doesn't take away from Katy's artistry, it is just completely different. Katy makes tongue in cheek fun bops for mainstream release and people everywhere in cars, stores and releases funny borderline literal interpretations of her songs in her music videos. She's really good at it. Dark Horse has a billion views, that's huge. Congrats to her. The video for it is funny and she looks good it in, but it is not a mature video. She's never done that, and don't say The One That Got Away, Unconditionally, Wide Awake or Part of Me. Those videos are her with a dramatic look on her face in a well written storyline that a director came up with. And just because they're ballads/mid-tempos doesn't mean they are mature either. They're above anything, accessible for everyone, because that's her brand. Katy Perry makes singles that are the perfect sing-along/mainstream hit record. She has not (yet) shown any deeper meaning to her songs. Gaga's The Fame could be seen as a really cheese poprecord but there's another layer when it's paired up with her music, live performances and overall artistry. Pokerface seems obnoxious and cheesy when you first listen to it. Until you look in to it more. The duality of fantasising about both men and women, the fact that as a woman you have to keep moving forward in order to appear strong in a men's world. It has something to it. "Bluffin' with my muffin" is incredibly flat, cheesy and just plain ridiculous when you read it. Until you can see it in it's context and tadah! A mainstream song about bis-xuality. Don't tell me You're So Gay or I Kissed a Girl did the same thing, they were again LITERAL. Katy Perry is a very literal popstar, anyone can completely understand her artistry and music. Beyoncé, Gaga, Madonna and some others all expect a little bit more work in order to fully "get it." They are not literal in everything, sure Bey did Kitty Cat dressed up like an actual cat, sure Madonna plays a playful party-loving b---h in Bitch I'm Madonna. They can go there, but they have other work next to it that is not so easy to grasp for 14 year olds everywhere. Katy lacks depth and a multi-dimensional artistry. She tried to dive into it a bit with Prism and I'm curious to see where she'll go next. However she is currently not on the same pedestal than Beyoncé. It's just the facts.

Pierre

LIES

Beyonce cheered for Katy at 2:23 

In 2009 :derpga: I have read some comments from Beyonce hardcore fans saying she has changed a lot since the selftitled album :shrug: I really don't know, i don't follow Bey. 

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

Archived