Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

VIDEO: Lady Gaga performed at Baku 2015 Opening Ceremony (1M+ views)

Fizzy

Featured Posts

HighwayGuy

​This is going to be held in Baku, Ajerbaizan

Controversies[edit]
Human rights[edit]

Amnesty International have been a vocal critic of the Baku 2015 European Games, stating in March 2015, "Azerbaijan may be a safe country for athletes taking part in the 100 metres, but defending rights and free speech is a dangerous game here. Those who champion them receive harassment and prison sentences instead of medals.".[49] In August 2014 the human rights organisation highlighted the 24 prisoners of conscience being held in Azerbaijan prisons as an example of abuses.[50]

Barring of journalists[edit]

In June 2015, The Guardian reported that its own reporters, along with those of other media outlets, had been barred from entering Baku to cover the games. Human Rights Watch, in the same article, stated it had observed “the worst crackdown the country has seen in the post-Soviet era”.[51]

Oh no i read this just now:ohno:

I really hope Gaga doesn't speak out about human rights, i mean the government has many problems but i really don't want gaga locked up for speaking out against it  :messga:

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​So did Russia back in 2008. I see the problem.

​Ok, you're right, there is a problem but let's not all gang up on Gaga now :sweat: 

​We may never know cause this is the very first time:crossed:

​Yeah, but I mean that if this was a big europeans event it would be broadcasted to every european country and it would appear in newspapers and so on.

​Oh I didn't know this :crossed:

It seems strange that they'd allow/ask someone like Gaga to sing "Imagine" in a place like that :wtfga:

​It makes perfect sense to me; getting a gay icon to perform an 'inclusive' ballad presents their regime as far more positive than it is :shrug: 

monsterdreams

So excited 

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Michael

didn't azerbaijan like knock down peoples houses without warning to build an arena for the eurovision song contest?

:rip: wtf

Serendipity

I really hope Gaga doesn't speak out about human rights, i mean the government has many problems but i really don't want gaga locked up for speaking out against it  :messga:

​Gaga being herself she'll definitely say BTW, I hope she doesn't go to jail

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

yASSsss

what kind of 911 Pop emergency teas ..i wasn't ready :giveup: 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

LePetitGAGABLover

​Gaga being herself she'll definitely say BTW, I hope she doesn't go to jail

​Imagine she says "I'm gay, arrest me!!!" like she did in Russia and ends up in jail:sharon:

Music

Gaga was critiqued massively on her previous rendition of 'Imagine' (just look at the amount of dislikes on the YouTube video).
I hope she smashes it and now proves to European audiences how talented, and how great a musician she truly is!

best of luck Gaga - we are all so proud of you! :)

RAMROD

Inb4Gaga rebelle and preached about human rights a la Bjork with Free Tibet in Olympics. :sharon:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

didn't azerbaijan like knock down peoples houses without warning to build an arena for the eurovision song contest?

:rip: wtf

​Yep, the arena which they did/didn't build specifically for ESC depending on who they're trying to persuade :teehee: 

It's actually a common practise in the country though for other vanity projects.

Archived