musician

Katy Perry

DMTT

What is Katy's best album?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What is Katy's best album?

Featured Posts

Spock

Not really. Roar and Dark Horse were huge. The album sold well. I will admit the other singles didn't do that great, but non of them were huge flops.

k

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

I'd debate the idea of her getting bigger every year. Prism didn't sell as well as or have the impact of TD. The 2 hit singles alone don't make the era bigger. All 8 songs off her previous album were hits, but this time, only 2/5 were hits, which is a massive downgrade, whichever way you look at it. The album as a whole hasn't exactly sunk in with the public, with only those two hits being remembered. With TD, the public knew of songs that weren't even singles, it was that massive.

Her tour did so well because she was coming off a massive era that didn't have the best touring schedule. Continental Europe was barely visited with small venues, same story for Asia and Latin America only had Mexico, one in Brazil and a festival appearance or two. This time, she's been a lot more inclusive. Continental Europe got a proper leg with decent-sized arenas this time, Asia also got a proper leg with decent-sized arenas and she's touring more Latin American countries with even a few stadiums. Of course, compared to her previous tour that was very America and UK orientated, there were a whole bunch of fans all over the world who didn't get to see her last time. If her last tour was just as extensive with such big venues, I'd say she's gotten bigger since but the fact is, a lot of touring locations were potentially decided against so that her next tour (Prismatic), would be bigger and make her look like she had got even more successful. She won't be able to pull out a tour that's just as successful next time because she's been everywhere now, so the demand won't be as high. It was like what Gaga experienced when she went from BTWB to artRave - she'd already fleeced Asia and Latin America last time and wouldn't have as much demand, so she barely toured in the former (and mostly went to places she'd never been) and didn't even tour in the latter. We've even seen that Australian demand can go down. She could have easily done more dates in Asia and she could have at least done Mexico, Brazil and Argentina arena dates, but I think it's all part of the plan to make her next tour much more successful. It's how the touring business operates. You can only go to certain locations once every 2 tours, maybe even more.

I'm really interested in what she'll do next, seeing as she seems to be going more acoustic and the Taylor spat will definitely have inspired something. I somehow think we'll have another 50/50 pop/acoustic album, with her next one going full acoustic, though. Her performance as a singles artist has a big question mark over it right now. The public's tiring of her pop sound and don't have time for her ballads. I just wonder how much longer she can be successful with such a young pop image seeing as she's in her 30's now, the age at which most popstars start having dwindling sales and being ignored by radio, regardless of how modern and trendy they are. Madonna, Mariah, Britney and so on all began to struggle when hitting their 30's and some never recover. Katy's going to have to show us a much more grown up side now she's hit this age if she wants to stand a chance of surviving as a mature pop record seems to be the only way popstars of this age can get by. More tracks like Pearl, The One That Got Away, Not Like The Movies, By The Grace Of God, Spiritual, etc. could win her points with critics, awards committees, possibly usher in a new fanbase.

Whispering

She hires a lot of people to help her write her songs, and hires the best two producers money can buy, and it has somewhat paid off for her. (If an artist's goal is getting hits, not artistry, growth or originality) Except for the tour, the Prism era was a let down from the TD era. Maybe Katy will try and move away from her completely manufactured image and music one day and then I might be impressed with her era. 

Sugarfall

Unnecessary thread but it is really impressive :applause: 

shes still a radio/singles artist. she is like taylor now but with a smaller fan base. she reached most US #1s with alot of tricks from her label but i am impressed with her current tour :yes:

Prism was the best selling female album of 2013 and Teenage Dream sold a lot too. I've never understood this singles artist comment.

Mister Gaga

Super Bowl doesn't really count, she payed to be on it. All the other artists were hired. 

Receipts? 

Sugarfall

Super Bowl doesn't really count, she payed to be on it. All the other artists were hired. 

No, everyone pays to be there, the artists don't get money from it, only huge promo

Yeah, I know

1411370582429.jpg

OMG and they are pure meat, 100% natural, Katy stop playing with kids and serves SEX on the next era:legend:

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Gohan

OMG and they are pure meat, 100% natural, Katy stop playing with kids and serves SEX on the next era:legend:

DM ha this album concept to make a reinvention to slay the GP again :gaycat:

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

I am happy for her. She's hard working and deserves it. But a lot of credit should be given to her team as well. Well-managed and planned throughout the years.

00026 † 10000

Kacey Elizabeth

I am really tired of a particular person repeating the same thing over and over again like a broken record after they've been debunked many times before. That person definitely lies to himself and discredits Katy on purpose, but deep inside, he knows that he is just to trying to comfort himself. He has the nerve to go against what music industry insiders and people who worked with Katy had to say about her input on her material and her creative direction/control over her music, career, and image, and deny & twist the receipts presented to him. *sigh* 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Kacey Elizabeth

I cannot wait for her Erotica era :teehee::wao:

Your Candy Perfume Girl

lego

Congrats, this belongs to the Katy thread or another Katy forum, so Haroon should merge it.

Maybe he didn't see it. :Chica: 

@Haroon

FreePalestine

Archived