musician

Katy Perry

DMTT

What is Katy's best album?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What is Katy's best album?

Featured Posts

yASSsss

You care enough that you came into this thread to comment, and obviously the people who commented in this thread care, so how about you just take a seat 

giphy.gif

lol,it literally took me 10 seconds to come to this thread..i think i can manage that :awkney:

...how about u take some chill pill and mind ur own foking business...:love:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

• Replies 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kacey Elizabeth

No lies detected :applause:

But I am amazed at some people in this thread thinking that she is a manufactured puppet, when it couldn't be farther from the truth. 

She's a product that is well marketed.

It has nothing to do with her singing ability though or performance ability, it's completely down to PR nothing more or less, she has perfectly generic crafted hits from Dr Puke, her image is manufactured to make her look like a generic s-xy popstar and her PR staff book her the best possible gigs.

She's a label puppet through and through, yes she may be a wonderful person but when it comes to her career it's completely false post-OOTB era

Katy is NOT a product. She is marketed, but she is far from a record label's puppet. As I've said many times before, Katy is in complete control of her career, image, and music in all aspects and directions. She is the boss and the CEO in her team and career, and she drives the ship. She makes all the decisions about her songs, albums, photoshoots, music videos, art direction, choreography, outfits, hairstyles, tours, performances/stage shows, etc. They are all from her own brain and vision. She writes all her own songs (lyrics and melodies), and sometimes even composes parts of instrumental of some of her songs (although for most of her songs, they're done by producers, which is why they get songwriting credits, and for a few songs, they're done by one or two songwriters, too). She comes up with the concept for all her songs on her own months before writing them. Her songs resonate with/are about her life, experiences, feelings, and personality. Katy tells her producers specifically how her tracks should sound like, be produced, mixed, arranged, and how they shouldn't sound like, be produced, mixed, and arranged. The lyricists who Katy has worked with on twelve of her songs (one per each song), have said that writing her is TRUE co-writing and how Katy comes up with majority of ideas for her songs and is the dominant person during the process. Even Capitol's CEO has said that Katy is the brains of her own operation, and last year, Katy founded & established her own record company. Katy definitely has really worked hard to get to where she is.

All the things I said were told by producers, songwriters, managers, music industry insiders, directors, assistances, tour crew members, dancers, designers, and stylists who have worked with her, so I'm not being delusional or making up anything. And before starting and saying things like; "it's all for marketing and crafting her image!11!!" you don't see insiders saying things like this about say, Britney, do you? So what makes you think that Katy is an exception?

Your Candy Perfume Girl

ShockPop

The problem is... what now? She's not a dancer or a vocalist, she definitely isn't a writer or seasoned performer...

the only way for jugs mckenzie is the same thing she's been doing for 5 years. The buying public were tired of it half way through the prism run... she's done her huge promo slot and was mither stellar nor dull... she's about to fall from her heights due to not having any way of maintaining success.

Kacey Elizabeth

And still not iconic status or a legendary performance. 

See how it ended for rihanna? THE SECOND radio stopped to support her, she totally disappeared. The same would (will?) happen with Katy.

Katy has lots of iconic singles which have stood the test of time and are easily recognized by the public and have left an impact. Those singles would be I Kissed a Girl, Hot N Cold, California Gurls, Teenage Dream (maybe), Firework, Roar, and Dark Horse. Not to mention that Katy had her portray added to National Portrait Gallery. Still want to say that she's not iconic?

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Kacey Elizabeth

It's Dr. Luke success.. every singer could sing her songs and make them successful..

Firework wasn't composed of produced by Dr. Luke, yet it was a huge success. And actually, Black Widow was pretty much the same track as Dark Horse, but it wasn't as huge. You know why? Because Katy tells her producers specifically how to produce, arrange, and mix her tracks. She told Dr. Luke and Max Martin to make DH's beat sound like it does now. And I'm not making this up. This was told by one of her producers back in like January of this year. I'm sure the same case is with all her other songs.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Prismatic

Saw a similar thread on ATRL earlier :emo: 

But let's be honest, Katy really surprised everyone with each era. During OOTB era, people thought she was a one hit wonder (IKAG), but she proved everyone wrong with 5/6 massive single for TD, then in PRISM, she had two of her biggest singles ever and a record breaking tour soon to cross 200 million and performing at the Super Bowl so early in her career. She just can't stop. 

I do hope her next objective is to get that critically acclaimed, then finally the Grammy, but also serving 2/3 or even 4 radio friendly bops. 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Kacey Elizabeth

The problem is... what now? She's not a dancer or a vocalist, she definitely isn't a writer or seasoned performer...

the only way for jugs mckenzie is the same thing she's been doing for 5 years. The buying public were tired of it half way through the prism run... she's done her huge promo slot and was mither stellar nor dull... she's about to fall from her heights due to not having any way of maintaining success.

She barely did any promo for Birthday and This Is How We Do, though. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Spock

Katy has clearly made it and is huge, but I feel that with Prism she kind of took two steps back and lost a bit of the power she harnessed during the Teenage Dream era. I mean, if it weren't for Dark Horse, all of the singles apart from the lead would have been a flop. And the album sales were not that impressive, especially for somebody coming from such a huge era.

But she slayed the SuperBowl and I think people are thirsty for new music from her, so if she switches it up a bit she could have more success next era

who will love me when the night is over

PicklePower

Katy has clearly made it and is huge, but I feel that with Prism she kind of took two steps back and lost a bit of the power she harnessed during the Teenage Dream era. I mean, if it weren't for Dark Horse, all of the singles apart from the lead would have been a flop. And the album sales were not that impressive, especially for somebody coming from such a huge era.

But she slayed the SuperBowl and I think people are thirsty for new music from herso she could have more success next era

The PRISM era was still bigger than the OOTB era. There's no way she could've held onto the success of the TD era considering how massive it was. Anyways, it was also still bigger than the eras of other pop girls who's eras were going on at the time 

I'm soooo excited for her next era. It should be starting soon, I think. 

MEGHAN TRAINOR | Katy Perry | Taylor Swift | Lady Gaga | Rihanna | Ariana Grande | Beyoncé | Nicki Minaj | Sam Smith

Prismatic

The PRISM era was still bigger than the OOTB era. There's no way she could've held onto the success of the TD era considering how massive it was. Anyways, it was also still bigger than the eras of other pop girls who's eras were going on at the time 

She better put a new bop in the H&M commercial. 

giphy.gif

PicklePower

She better put a new bop in the H&M commercial. 

giphy.gif

Oh my god YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS! When does the commercial start? 

MEGHAN TRAINOR | Katy Perry | Taylor Swift | Lady Gaga | Rihanna | Ariana Grande | Beyoncé | Nicki Minaj | Sam Smith

Prismatic

Oh my god YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS! When does the commercial start? 

Somewhere around winter timeish (I think, don't quote, my liability's >>> 50) :laughga: 

Spock

I'm not saying it wasn't, it was big and huge success. I'm saying that for somebody coming from an era as huge as Teenage Dream, the performance of the album and the singles were a bit disappointing

who will love me when the night is over

PicklePower

Somewhere around winter timeish (I think, don't quote, my liability's >>> 50) :laughga: 

Wait :giveup:

It probably will be new music then. :giveup: And it'll be in a commercial :giveup: Mariah's record here we come :giveup: 

PicklePower

I'm not saying it wasn't, it was big and huge success. I'm saying that for somebody coming from an era as huge as Teenage Dream, the performance of the album and the singles were a bit disappointing

Not really. Roar and Dark Horse were huge. The album sold well. I will admit the other singles didn't do that great, but non of them were huge flops.

Archived