Katy Perry

DMTT

What is Katy's best album?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What is Katy's best album?

Featured Posts

katyperry.jpg

Welcome to the Katy Perry thread! 

Katy Perry is an American entertainer, pop singer-songwriter, businesswoman, actress, philanthropist who has sold over 100 million records worldwide since her mainstream debut in 2008, including 14 million albums and 72 million RIAA certified digital singles in the US alone, scored 9 multi-platinum #1 Billboard HOT 100 singles, 4 UK #1 hits, won 4 Billboard Music Awards, 2 American Music Awards, and 4 MTV Video Music Awards. She's also the first female artist to score 5 consecutive HOT 100 #1 singles from just one album in the Billboard 200 chart, and the second overall after the King of Pop, Michael Jackson. With her massive commercial success, she's been called by some media publications as the new Queen of Pop.

Albums Discography

One of the Boys - the major label-debut studio album of Katy Perry under EMI's Capitol Records which skyrocketed her career atop pop music and mainstream culture, selling over 5 million copies worldwide and featured the global number-one smash hit, I Kissed A Girl, and the international top three hit Hot n Cold.

Katy_Perry_-_One_of_the_Boys.jpg

One of the Boys (2008)

Label: Capitol, EMI

Billboard 200: #9

UK Albums Chart: #11

5 Million in Worldwide Sales

1.6 Million in US Album Sales

Singles

I Kissed a Girl

US HOT 100: #1

UK Singles Chart: #1

Hot n Cold 

US HOT 100: #3

UK Singles Chart: #4

Thinking of You

US HOT 100: #29

UK Singles Chart: #27

Waking Up In Vegas 

US HOT 100: #9

UK Singles Chart: #19

Teenage Dream - the second major studio album under EMI's Capitol Records which further cemented Katy Perry as one of the world's most successful pop stars in modern history after scoring five (5) consecutive multi-platinum Billboard HOT 100 number-one singles, namely California Gurls with Snoop Dogg, Teenage Dream, Firework, E.T. with Kanye West, and Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.), making her the first-ever female to accomplish such milestone and tying Michael Jackson's record in the process.

The album also broke the records of the UK Singles chart, Billboard Mainstream Top 40 chart, Billboard Digital Songs chart, Billboard Adult Top 40 chart among others. It has sold over 6 million copies across the globe thanks to its 2012 re-release titled "Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection", which spawned another international number-one hit Part of Me and Wide Awake.

Teenage_Dream_album_cover.png

Teenage Dream (2010)

Label: Capitol, EMI

Billboard 200: #1

UK Albums Chart: #1

6 Million in Worldwide Sales

2.97 Million in US Album Sales

Singles 

California Gurls (feat. Snoop Dogg)

HOT 100: #1

UK Singles: #1

Teenage Dream 

UK Singles: #2 

Firework

UK Singles: #3 

E.T. (feat. Kanye West)

UK Singles: #3

Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)

UK Singles: #9

The One That Got Away 

HOT 100: #3

UK Singles: #18

Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection (2012)

TheCompleteConfectionCover.png

Part Of Me

Wide Awake 

HOT 100: #2

UK Singles: #9

PRISM - the third major studio album which spawned the worldwide chart-topping hits, Roar and Dark Horse. It also gave her biggest opening week album sales yet in the Billboard 200 chart after debuting at number one and selling over 286,000 copies - making it the second biggest opener for a female artist in 2013.

PRISM (2013)

Label: Capitol, UMG

Billboard 200: #1

UK Albums Chart: #1

4 Million in Worldwide Sales

1.6 Million in US Album Sales

Singles 

Roar

Unconditionally

HOT 100: #14

UK Singles: #25

Dark Horse

UK Singles: #4

Birthday

HOT 100: #17

UK Singles: #22

This Is How We Do

HOT 100: #24

UK Singles: #33

76971-katy-perry-killer-queen-gif-Ep79.g

American Music Awards- Special Achievement (5 #1s)

Australian Kids Choice Awards- Fave International Artist

ASCAP Awards- Most Performed Song (IKAG, HNC, WUIV, CG, TD, Firework, ET, LFN)

Australian Kids Choice Awards- Favorite Song (Cali Gurls)

Billboard Music Awards- Top Hot 100 ArtistBillboard Music Awards- Top Digital Songs Artist

Billboard Music Awards- Billboard Spotlight Award

Billboard Year-End Chart Awards- Top Hot 100 Artist, Top Dance/Club Play Songs (ET), Top Radio Songs Artist, Top Pop Songs Artist, Top Digital Songs Artist, Top Adult Pop Song Artist, Top Dance/Club Play ArtistBillboard Spin Awards- Firework (500,000 Spins) ET (300,000 Spins)

BMI- Pop Song of the Year (Firework)

BMI Awards- Award Winning Songs (CG, Firework, TD, LFN)

Brit Awards- International Female Artist

Capricho Awards- International Singer

Cosmopolitan Ultimate Women of the Year- Ultimate Star International MusicEMA- Best New ActE

EMA- Best Video (Cali Gurls)

EMA- Best Live Act

FHM Magazine Award- Sexiest Woman In The World

Fonogram Awards- International Modern Pop/Rock AlbumGlamour Women of the Year Awards- Aussie Hair Care Newcomer of the YearHit FM Music Awards- Top 10 of the Year (No. 1) (LFN)

iVillage Entertainment Awards- Music Video You Couldn’t Stop Watching (LFN)

Juno Awards- International Album of the Year (TD)

J-14 Teen Icon Awards- Iconic Song (Firework)J-14 Teen Icon Awards- Iconic Singer

Kids Choice Awards- Favorite Female Singer

Kids Choice Awards- Favorite Voice From An Animated Movie (TheSmurfs)

Los Premios MTV Latinoamérica- Best Ringtone (HNC)Los Premios MTV Latinoamérica- Clipe (LFN)

Maxim Magazine Awards- Sexiest Woman in the World

Mexican Kids Choice Awards- Best International Song (Firework)

MP3 Music Awards- The MIC Award (Cali Gurls)MTV Australia Awards- Best BreakthroughMTV Video Music Awards Japan- Best Pop Video (IKAG)

MTV's Artist of the Year

MYX Music Awards- Favorite International Video (Firework)

NARM Honor Music Biz 2012 Awards- Artist of the Year

NRJ Music Awards- International Album of the Year (OOTB)People’s Choice Awards- Favorite Pop Song (IKAG)

People’s Choice Awards- Favorite Female ArtistPeople’s Choice Awards- Favorite Internet Sensation

People’s Choice Awards- Favorite Female ArtistPeople’s Choice Awards- Favorite Tour HeadlinerPeople’s Choice Awards- Favorite Song of the Year (ET)People’s Choice Awards- Favorite Music Video (LFN)People’s Choice Awards- Favorite TV Guest Star (How I Met Your Mother)

Planeta Awards- Megaplaneta del Año(Firework)

Pop Dust Awards- Artist of the Year

Premios Telehit- International Album of the Year (TD)Premios Fuse TV- Best Art Direction (ET)Premios Fuse TV- Best Female Video (Firework)

RTHK International Pop Poll Awards- Top Ten International God Songs (CG)

Rock on Request- Best Newcomer

SKA Music Awards- Best Selling Album in Poland (OOTB)

Teen Choice Awards- Choice Music: Single (CG)Teen Choice Awards- Choice Summer: Song (CG)

Teen Choice Awards- Choice Summer: Female ArtistTeen Choice Awards- Choice Music: Tour- (CDT)

TV Guys Choice Awards- Best Siren

UK FiFi Awards- Best Celebrity Fragrance (Purr)VH1 Awards- Song of the Summer (LFN)

VMA- Video of the Year (Firework)VMA- Best Collaboration (ET)VMA- Best Special Effects (ET)

Z Awards- Best New ArtistZ Awards- Album of the Year (TD)

69 Consecutive Weeks in top 10 on Billboard Charts

• Replies 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P.S. someone from the first KP thread asked for a DL to her unreleased songs. i was planning on "fixing" my unreleased album today, so i'm going to do that and upload my unreleased collection in case anyone wants it.

Joe Matthews

This is part 2 for one of the biggest female pop stars of current times :) :party:

Excuse me? :usrs:

Joe Matthews

:fail:

I was merely pointing out that posting something like that might not be the smartest thing to do on a Gaga forum. :usrs:

I was merely pointing out that posting something like that might not be the smartest thing to do on a Gaga forum. :usrs:

denying the fact that she IS one of the biggest pop stars of today's generation.....

well, that is exactly something i would see on a gaga forum :toofunny:

Joe Matthews

denying the fact that she IS one of the biggest pop stars of today's generation.....

well, that is exactly something i would see on a gaga forum

I'm not denying anything. Did you see me saying she wasn't?

Is anyone else suprised she hasnt won a grammy yet??? Seriously, she really deserves one

Hopefully she'll get one for the next album

Joe Matthews

well, that is exactly something i would see on a gaga forum

Oh lawd, i just saw you said "one of the biggest" not "the biggest". :lmao: I'm sorry. I guess i'm a little anxious because of all the delusion i've been seeing on the internet lately. :toofunny:

Innovative

I wanna like her but I just can't warm up to her

• Admin locked this topic

Archived