💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Non-Album singles: yay or nay?

Ferrer Zorola

Non-album singles: yay or nay?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like having non album singles?

Featured Posts

GagaMyBlood95

Yes! Especially if it's a good collaboration!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Head Empty

I like the idea, because it gives an artist more freedom since they're not tied to an overarching concept. They can experiment more with unique sounds without worrying that it won't match other songs.

HighwayGuy

Yes 

Rita Ora basically did it last year when she released IWNLYD and nothing else after that 

It has really helped her stay relevant in the GP's eye and kept the media interested

Tbh gags should do it this year if she's not planning an album till late next year, she really needs to be played on the radio and I'm worried next year will be too late :ohno:

Dorothy Gale

I'm here for it. It puts less pressure on the song, and Gaga can test the waters to see how the GP will respond to a new sound. 

StrawberryBlond

No. I understand that it could ease her back into the public eye but she's already doing that and likely has more plans to further extend her gradual comeback. She's pulling a Beyonce and we all know how well that idea went for her. Non-album singles are hardly ever planned - they're meant to be on an album but they flop, so they get scrapped and a new lead single is made, sometimes over and over, until something becomes a hit. It's quite embarrassing when certain artists do this repeatedly so they have 4-5 consecutive non-album singles before a proper lead single. it's a redundant, money-grabbing move and is a downer for people who really liked the song only to find it's not on the next album. Non-album singles are a classic sign that something has gone wrong. We don't need this for Gaga right now.

Yes 

Rita Ora basically did it last year when she released IWNLYD and nothing else after that 

It has really helped her stay relevant in the GP's eye and kept the media interested

Tbh gags should do it this year if she's not planning an album till late next year, she really needs to be played on the radio and I'm worried next year will be too late :ohno:

​Only because Calvin banned her from using his work. She clearly had IWNLD as the lead single (and it went to #1 - exactly the plan) and had a whole album ready to be released in September like she said, but then Calvin's ban changed everything, the album got delayed and now she has a new lead single with still no sign of an album after nearly 3 years. It wasn't the original plan. Like I said above, non-album singles are a sign that something went wrong, they're hardly ever planned. And Rita is hardly relevant anymore. Despite all her hits, she doesn't seem to have a fanbase nor do the public really care about her. She's done advertising deals, song features, parts in movies, judging roles, everything, and yet, she's still weirdly anonymous. The only question people seem to ask is "Why is she getting all these amazing gigs when she hasn't done much to warrent them?"

Ferrer Zorola

No. I understand that it could ease her back into the public eye but she's already doing that and likely has more plans to further extend her gradual comeback. She's pulling a Beyonce and we all know how well that idea went for her. Non-album singles are hardly ever planned - they're meant to be on an album but they flop, so they get scrapped and a new lead single is made, sometimes over and over, until something becomes a hit. It's quite embarrassing when certain artists do this repeatedly so they have 4-5 consecutive non-album singles before a proper lead single. it's a redundant, money-grabbing move and is a downer for people who really liked the song only to find it's not on the next album. Non-album singles are a classic sign that something has gone wrong. We don't need this for Gaga right now.

​Only because Calvin banned her from using his work. She clearly had IWNLD as the lead single (and it went to #1 - exactly the plan) and had a whole album ready to be released in September like she said, but then Calvin's ban changed everything, the album got delayed and now she has a new lead single with still no sign of an album after nearly 3 years. It wasn't the original plan. Like I said above, non-album singles are a sign that something went wrong, they're hardly ever planned. And Rita is hardly relevant anymore. Despite all her hits, she doesn't seem to have a fanbase nor do the public really care about her. She's done advertising deals, song features, parts in movies, judging roles, everything, and yet, she's still weirdly anonymous. The only question people seem to ask is "Why is she getting all these amazing gigs when she hasn't done much to warrent them?"

​she doesn't have another hit besides I will never let you down or does she? :confused:

LIFE IS GOOD

Dorothy Gale

​she doesn't have another hit besides I will never let you down or does she? :confused:

This I've only heard RIP and IWNLYD

HighwayGuy

She's had 4 #1's in the UK 

Riot Poof

No. I feel like singles need a parent album. I don't need her having a Beatles moment with all these orphaned singles.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Ferrer Zorola

No. I feel like singles need a parent album. I don't need her having a Beatles moment with all these orphaned singles.

​I didn't know the Beatles used the non-album singles concept :confused:

LIFE IS GOOD

Riot Poof

​I didn't know the Beatles used the non-album singles concept :confused:

​"Hey Jude," "Lady Madonna," "She Loves You," "I Want to Hold Your Hand," "Strawberry Fields Forever," "Penny Lane," "Day Tripper," and probably many others (I'm not a Beatles stan) were all non-album singles.

EDIT: I don't consider things like the American version of Magical Mystery Tour where non-album singles were tacked onto the album to flesh it out. Kinda like how I don't consider "Radar" a Circus song.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Ferrer Zorola

​"Hey Jude," "Lady Madonna," "She Loves You," "I Want to Hold Your Hand," "Strawberry Fields Forever," "Penny Lane," "Day Tripper," and probably many others (I'm not a Beatles stan) were all non-album singles.

EDIT: I don't consider things like the American version of Magical Mystery Tour where non-album singles were tacked onto the album to flesh it out. Kinda like how I don't consider "Radar" a Circus song.

​LADY MADONNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA though :wtf::lmao:

LIFE IS GOOD

TimisaMonster

Well RedOne x Gaga should have his single out soon... :giveup:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Ferrer Zorola

Well RedOne x Gaga should have his single out soon... :giveup:

​but that would be from his album hopefully cuz I'm seriously not into non-album singles 

LIFE IS GOOD

Archived