Featured Posts

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slappy

I feel like im the only one who loves that song xD

i was listening yesterday to it *~*

and i remember that it was every second song mtv played :P

The song is not a hit. The video is not exceptional. And did Beyoncé even promote it? You can't just drop an ok video for an ok song and expect it to fly.

Bradley

Because Telephone snatched all the attention :hunty:

I remember thinking that they both meant the same song (Telephone) and Video Phone was the alternative name :saladga:

DeleteMyAccount

I personally love the song and listen to it all the time.  But it really isn't radio friendly.  The video wasn't great either.  And part of me thinks that they made it a single only because of Telephone.

ARTPOPchamp

Because it's a pretty bad song. and beyonce is not as big as people like to think she is. For instance, her last album, sure it sold a ton but performed extremely poorly single wise on the charts. Barely any tracks cracked the top 10, not even the top 20, some not even higher than 50. Beyonce is all hype, no real groundbreaking hits. 

Jenniferella

I don't think it's a good song

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

StrawberryBlond

It was the seventh single or thereabouts from Beyonce's already well-sold album, it wasn't promoted at all, Telephone's video overshadowed it. It's not hard to work out.

Because it's a pretty bad song. and beyonce is not as big as people like to think she is. For instance, her last album, sure it sold a ton but performed extremely poorly single wise on the charts. Barely any tracks cracked the top 10, not even the top 20, some not even higher than 50. Beyonce is all hype, no real groundbreaking hits. 

​Hallelujah, someone finally says it. Beyonce has never been much of a single seller. Selling albums is obviously better, but when you're a popstar, or any mainstream artist for that matter, not selling singles is a massive weakness. She released a whopping 8 singles from Sasha Fierce with only 4 of them being hits, 4 had no hits and Beyonce only had 1 hit. Considering how she releases 5 or more singles per album, that isn't good at all. I must also add, Single Ladies and Drunk In Love were only a large chart success in North America and the UK. 4 had no top 10's in the US which is shocking. Drunk In Love was her first US top 10 since 2009. After Sasha Fierce, Beyonce's singles have almost completely fallen off the radar in the UK, one of her biggest markets and Drunk In Love only just scraped into the top 10. Her lack of promotion here means she isn't as iconic as her contemporaries in recent years.

I'm not going to deny that Beyonce has made an impact, but only really to her fans. Out of all her singles, I really don't think much has been remembered by the public except Crazy In Love, Irreplaceable, Listen, If I Were A Boy, Single Ladies and Halo. Gaga has got about 6 iconic singles and she's been around just 7 years with less albums. For an artist who's supposedly such a legend, where are all the legendary hits that the whole world can recognise?

Pablo

Beyonce was never a single-artist (I don't count the beginning of her solo career) , her singles usually flop, and that's been going on for quite some time for her.. 

Also, the whole song is meh.

​this basically, non of her singles do well. Look at her 4 era :flop;

Don't visit my profile

Bear

The song isn't that great and not really hit material . Especially when compared to telephone :fat:

PUKKIE

i must say , the people on this GagaDaily are a MESS !!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAA.... i always get a kick from reading your opinions and comments. yall is funny tho LMAO:applause::lmao:

1blueshe

​Payola tbh

It bombed around the globe failing to even chart in many countries:rip:

​All I know is that if I ask any one of my friends now they will know the song. Just because a song wasn't bought allot and didn't rise on the charts doesn't mean people didn't listen to it on YouTube or on the radios allot. Which in my book is still a hit.

Archived