💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why did Video Phone flop?

Serendipity

Featured Posts

blacklistedd

Does anyone know if they planned to both having a song talking about phones and then being featured on each others songs?

​Yes. Well Gaga already had the song Telephone set for The Fame Monster and when they decided to collaborate I think they both realized they had "phone" songs on their albums. So they embraced that.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LoveandMagic

I liked the video, but it was nothing next to Telephone's video. It felt like a watered down version. As for the song I personally thought it was too repetitious/monotomous.

That's my opinion anyway.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Dorothy Gale

I like it, I just don't think people wanted another Bey song, she'd ready had a few smashes that era. 

MonsterOfSpain

I like it and the video is really cool, it deserved more success because it was like a non-event.

I'm happy it got its best chart position in Spain though :legend: 

Pharamon

only Gaga's part is ****ing iconic and the choreo - but the rest is meh

Fiona Apple

Song is awful for Bey's standards lol

​Do they exist?:awkney: I mean she has a lot of good songs.But also a lot of songs that are way worse than VideoPhone

Supersonic

Also: Beyoncé got backlash for wearing clothing that strongly resembled an emerging designer's work without giving him credit. She got sued and lost and the video was banned in some countries. :shrug:

At the time Beyoncé was respected but she didn't/couldn't top the charts, like Tom cruise now, he's still respected but can't fill the cinema seats no more. 

MonsterOfSpain

At the time Beyoncé was respected but she didn't/couldn't top the charts, like Tom cruise now, he's still respected but can't fill the cinema seats no more. 

​If I Were a Boy, Single Ladies and Halo disagree

freebit

The song is pretty bland, but I remember Video Phone seemingly being a bigger deal back then despite its chart position. I remember always seeing it on MTV, they'd play some of it it in-between programs. People I knew IRL would mention it (and they weren't pop culture junkies either). 

Archived