đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Eurovision Song Contest 2016 in Stockholm - Winner: UKRAINE & JAMALA!

Bellatrix

Featured Posts

Miley

Ya'll are flops. It's the same voting system since 2011, only presented in a different way. I'm positive with a jury, cause clearly it's working well. Sweden got 0 points from the Norwegian juries. Cyprus didn't get the 12 from Greek jury. This is what's it's good for. So stop complaining.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic
1 hour ago, Lassex said:

Did you notice that Ukraine and Russia were the last countries competing against each other? 

Because they happened to have the most public votes?

buy bionic

Lassex
1 hour ago, bionic said:

Because they happened to have the most public votes?

Omg I obviously know that, but I thought it was weird because they weren't the best songs in my opinion :laughga: Not sure why you're trying to make me look stupid... It was just funny how the message of the Ukrainian song was ''against'' Russia and the songs ended up being against each other too :emma:

bionic
20 minutes ago, Lassex said:

Omg I obviously know that, but I thought it was weird because they weren't the best songs in my opinion :laughga: Not sure why you're trying to make me look stupid... It was just funny how the message of the Ukrainian song was ''against'' Russia and the songs ended up being against each other too :emma:

Not trying to make you feel bad, sorry that my words had that effect. English is not my first language

buy bionic

MaybeKermit
15 hours ago, Jorget said:

Yep lol what's so funny? It lost by 23 points :laughga:

I didn't know australia belonged to the European Union? Is there like a special rule so that they can take part in the contest, or.......? :rip:

Lumi
30 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

I didn't know australia belonged to the European Union? Is there like a special rule so that they can take part in the contest, or.......? :rip:

No it obviously doesn't belong to the EU but they decided to permit an Australian entry to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the Contest (last year) because Australians seem to like it, they did a good job and this year they were invited as another regular... They had an amazing song but lost the contest because the public voted for Ukraine. Nobody knows if it's coming back next year tho.

underneath the pine

2 hours ago, Funkymonkey said:

Countries like Israel, Azerbaijan or Morocco take part, and don't belong to the EU more than Australia. Eurovision is huge in Australia (like people legit get up at 5am to watch it, it's delirious), and inviting them had been considered before, and the 60th anniversary was the perfect occasion.

Also, they're part of the European Broadcast Union, which is the only requirement for taking part in the Eurovision. As I understand it, China could also enter the contest.

I don't know why so many people get all worked up about this, it's just a song contest, what do we care who participates and who doesn't...

1 hour ago, flyp said:

Countries like Israel, Azerbaijan or Morocco take part, and don't belong to the EU more than Australia. Eurovision is huge in Australia (like people legit get up at 5am to watch it, it's delirious), and inviting them had been considered before, and the 60th anniversary was the perfect occasion.

Also, they're part of the European Broadcast Union, which is the only requirement for taking part in the Eurovision. As I understand it, China could also enter the contest.

I don't know why so many people get all worked up about this, it's just a song contest, what do we care who participates and who doesn't...

They're (Aus + China) only associate members, the general rule is that you must be a full member. Australia is the exception (for now) but if it had to be anyone, they're definitely the best choice - they've sent two great entries and have the 'heritage' in terms of love of the contest. 

Illuminati

I fell asleep midway eurovision :rip: i really wanted to watch it though and i'm confident that australias song was the best one this year and deserved to win. ukraines win is very surprising and at least slightly political imo, but i'm happy for them.

Bellatrix

So, the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 is sadly over and this thread is about to get closed.
I hope you'll join me in the thread for ESC 2017. I'll try to keep it as updated as possible with the latest news. We already have a few confirmed countries including one comeback, check'em out!

• Haroon locked and unpinned this topic

Archived