Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
society

Marina Abramović disappointed by Jay-Z, but NOT by Lady Gaga

Andy McQueen

Featured Posts

SEANGT

what!!! why would he do that? It must be a mistake or something? Throw this girl some cash Jay-Z! 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tropico

Who? *locks thread* 

:emma:

EDIT: I forgot to actually contribute. :emma:

I'm glad she exposed him for his exploitation. That was really low of him. :smh: 

At least Gaga lives up to her promises. :applause:  

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Vernier

The donation he promised is a #TidalExclusive, she just has to sign up to Tidal to claim it :green: 

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Staryu

Judging by Tidal, his tragic freestyle against Spotify and other things, Jay-Z seems like the kind of guy who cares more about himself and his money.

Weasel

Um no offense but is this b---h only doing **** for others when she can get free promo out of it? That doesn't really seem sincere either. Explains why Gaga name dropped her 1000 times, I bet she forced Gaga too. 

Stephen

Um no offense but is this b---h only doing **** for others when she can get free promo out of it? That doesn't really seem sincere either. Explains why Gaga name dropped her 1000 times, I bet she forced Gaga too. 

​wtf where did you get that form :toofunga:  They made a business deal and Jay Z didn't keep up his end. It's totally different from her + Gaga's relationship. Yes she helped bring attention to Marina's institute, but she was also a student of her work and cared deeply about being mentored by her. It's a genuine friendship that came out of deep admiration. 

Weasel

​wtf where did you get that form :toofunga:  They made a business deal and Jay Z didn't keep up his end. It's totally different from her + Gaga's relationship. Yes she helped bring attention to Marina's institute, but she was also a student of her work and cared deeply about being mentored by her. It's a genuine friendship that came out of deep admiration. 

​I thought she meant that with ''helping her institute''? 

Battle 4 Ur Life

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSS. Queen.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

elijahfan

​Look: she was a tool for Gaga in order to bring artistic legitimacy to her work, and Gaga was a tool for her in order to reach a wider and younger audience. Nothing's for free in this world. She just happened to grow very fond of Gaga and they ended up being friends.

It was the same kind of purpose with Jay-Z, the only thing is that he apparently didn't honor his part of the deal. You know, I doubt Marina is a fan of either Jay's nor Gaga's music in the first place - don't be so surprised that she didn't work with them for free and expected something out of their collaborations.

Sister

I knew it immediately. I can feel people and just knew it instantly and criticized it.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Yanko

​i can listen to this all day

Andy McQueen

"This is very different from Lady Gaga, for example, who has done great work for me. Just by having 45 million followers, she brought all these young kids into my public."

Ugh. It's that kind of talk that made me dislike her.

​ Are you implying she's just doing it for the money, @Didymus? :awkney:

Archived