Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Rihanna's new album discussion - album will come when she believes in it!

Navy

Featured Posts

eifulien

As fake/unlikely as it looks I'm hyped. Just made me realise how desperate I'm for new Riri :wao::giveup:

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nikola

I really really hope this album is good i only like 45s so far......

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Rihanna isn't impactful to pull a Kendrick with that MLK thing :smh: Her fans are casual pop stans, not critics and social a--lysts :emma: Good for her for trying if this is true though :laughga:

I hate interludes like that though tbh :smh: 

​Rihanna is just as impactful as Kendrick. They're in two different genres, he's a rapper - she's a singer. She can't make some powerful inspiring music just because he does?

ItsTommyBitch

​Rihanna is just as impactful as Kendrick. They're in two different genres, he's a rapper - she's a singer. She can't make some powerful inspiring music just because he does?

Well, I mean she isn't "making" this herself lets be real first of all :thetea:.

If you read my post, I was more talking about their fan bases than the artists themselves. Rap inherently comes from struggle, and Kendrick's album was very very personal and revealing. It also offered a lot of social commentary on the black struggle in America in a way that Pop music rarely accomplishes. People who critically a--lyze society and policy and social views for a living and for inspiration looked @ To Pimp a Butterfly and reviewed it, where as the majority of people who will be listening to Rihanna's album won't be listening for this purpose. Heck, most "critics" of pop music these days rarely even care to a--lyze themes or topics, just how "catchy" they are a long with a basic, bastardized summary of whats going on from song to song. If two songs even reference s-x, they immediately label it as "another album about s-x and d--gs" :smh:

That being said, I applaud her for doing it, but it seems like the audience won't fully appreciate it :shrug: 

​but Rih has been around way longer than Kendrick

​This literally doesn't matter :smh: It's not a matter of who did what first, its a matter of who's listening and why and those factors change from Rihanna to Kendrick Lamar.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Well, I mean she isn't "making" this herself lets be real first of all :thetea:.

If you read my post, I was more talking about their fan bases than the artists themselves. Rap inherently comes from struggle, and Kendrick's album was very very personal and revealing. It also offered a lot of social commentary on the black struggle in America in a way that Pop music rarely accomplishes. People who critically a--lyze society and policy and social views for a living and for inspiration looked @ To Pimp a Butterfly and reviewed it, where as the majority of people who will be listening to Rihanna's album won't be listening for this purpose. Heck, most "critics" of pop music these days rarely even care to a--lyze themes or topics, just how "catchy" they are a long with a basic, bastardized summary of whats going on from song to song. If two songs even reference s-x, they immediately label it as "another album about s-x and d--gs" :smh:

That being said, I applaud her for doing it, but it seems like the audience won't fully appreciate it :shrug: 

​This literally doesn't matter :smh: It's not a matter of who did what first, its a matter of who's listening and why and those factors change from Rihanna to Kendrick Lamar.

​I certainly get what you mean, you're 100% right. If this is the case and she is making music with a bold message like this hopefully it can open her up to another audience and open some new doors 

Dunk96

Slay at Michael Jackson being in the tracklist. Your fave will never have more impact than him. :gaga:

Slay at Michael Jackson being in the tracklist. Your fave will never have more impact than him. :gaga:

​tbh. MJ is one of the few that will live on for decades and decades and decades to come :legend:

Omg They Don't Really Care About Us is my favorite MJ song!! So underrated that song.

But I won't get hyped because this is probably fake.

Creyk

​thats just sad 

ItsTommyBitch

​thats just sad 

​You're telling me :thetea: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Archived