Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga on Oprah's Next Chapter March 18th.

Jack

Featured Posts

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eulonzo

• Hot Space

• Starburst

• Unicorn De Milo

HorheiFernandez

I agree that she looks a little off from what we've seen, but that's only a couple of seconds out of a 2 hour special and said clips are potentially awkward moments (i.e. her mother recounting a difficult time for her, and Gaga announcing her media hiatus).

In regard to the later, I kind of feel that she's actively addressing the criticisms/concerns of overexposure. By removing herself as much as possible from the media spotlight, it makes her break more effective and her return even more noteworthy with hype that will naturally explode (as opposed to her having to nurture it). Generating demand etc.

I also think though that she's trying a new angle, one where she doesn't pimp herself out with relentless promo. I can see her being more selective of her performances and appearances in an attempt to make her more elusive and the times she does perform/appear more impacting. The other pop girls don't do anywhere near her level of hustling, yet experience big success, so she probably figures that she shouldn't need to either now that she's paid her dues. Certainly not going on endless talk shows to be kind of a punchline and somewhat disrespected - something they'd never do to Madonna, Britney or Beyonce because their interviews are rare and therefore it's more integral for them to do it properly/professionally.

She probably could manage to launch an era with minimal media interaction. Debut the lead single on radio, perform it on a large-scale platform (i.e. Grammy's/VMA's), rinse and repeat for the second single, do an exclusive interview special before the album drops and then one or two more performances for the remaining singles, et voila. She's big enough to not need to do much promo if the music is solid enough.

:clap:

giskardsb

I wouldn't read too much into those short previews.... they are guaranteed to be edited to make you think something is going on in order to make you want to watch the show.

Babel

Probably in the interview she's explaining why she is not doing any interviews "in a very long time".

And also talking about the perfume, the tour, and stuff.

Can't wait. :)

I agree that she looks a little off from what we've seen, but that's only a couple of seconds out of a 2 hour special and said clips are potentially awkward moments (i.e. her mother recounting a difficult time for her, and Gaga announcing her media hiatus).

In regard to the later, I kind of feel that she's actively addressing the criticisms/concerns of overexposure. By removing herself as much as possible from the media spotlight, it makes her break more effective and her return even more noteworthy with hype that will naturally explode (as opposed to her having to nurture it). Generating demand etc.

I also think though that she's trying a new angle, one where she doesn't pimp herself out with relentless promo. I can see her being more selective of her performances and appearances in an attempt to make her more elusive and the times she does perform/appear more impacting. The other pop girls don't do anywhere near her level of hustling, yet experience big success, so she probably figures that she shouldn't need to either now that she's paid her dues. Certainly not going on endless talk shows to be kind of a punchline and somewhat disrespected - something they'd never do to Madonna, Britney or Beyonce because their interviews are rare and therefore it's more integral for them to do it properly/professionally.

She probably could manage to launch an era with minimal media interaction. Debut the lead single on radio, perform it on a large-scale platform (i.e. Grammy's/VMA's), rinse and repeat for the second single, do an exclusive interview special before the album drops and then one or two more performances for the remaining singles, et voila. She's big enough to not need to do much promo if the music is solid enough.

I think your right, and I also think she asked PerezHilton, not to blog about her that often. Some say he's all into Madonna but, and he is, he rarely blogs about Gaga anymore while 1 year ago he was all into Gaga en constantly blogging bout her and all. This way she can get out of the public eye.

Jase

DS are reporting on her comments

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a371379/lady-gaga-plans-media-blackout.html

DS are reporting on her comments

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a371379/lady-gaga-plans-media-blackout.html

So I guess she'll release her perfume, go on tour and not speak to ANY media until she reveals a new single later on in the year.

How, though, can she visit all these amazing countries (Korea!) and refuse any and all interviews? Unless she has a proper reason, I think it's a little rude. I can understand not doing press in the West, but when she visits these countries.. I'd have thought she'd be really excited about speaking to people. Like when she was in India.

Jase

How, though, can she visit all these amazing countries (Korea!) and refuse any and all interviews? Unless she has a proper reason, I think it's a little rude. I can understand not doing press in the West, but when she visits these countries.. I'd have thought she'd be really excited about speaking to people. Like when she was in India.

Exactly. I'm a little confused by it all.

I guess we're just gonna have to wait until the full interview airs :/

StrawberryBlond

I agree with this all, especially the bolded part. It pisses me off how people like Rihanna, Katy and Britney can do one performance of a new song/send it to radio and it debuts at #1 on the Billboard 100. Gaga, on the other hand, works her ass off performing her new single in as many places as possible and she's only had one single debut at #1 so far. I mean, Part Of Me was Katy's seventh single as part of a re-release from a one and a half year old album and one Grammys performance was enough to make it debut at #1. Gaga's second single from BTW didn't even debut in the top 10 after several performances. It's so frustrating. I wish popstars could really work for their success.

Exactly. I'm a little confused by it all.

I guess we're just gonna have to wait until the full interview airs :/

Getting pretty anxious over this interview now ****ing hell

Watch her talking about BTW Foundation only.

I want her to:

-Talk next single (lead off new album/off BTW)

-Talk about perfume

-Talk about tour

-Reveal setlist(?

-Give more dates

Edited by Guille

We all know how much she loves to talk during her shows so at least we know that we'll still hear from her in that respect.

Jase

Katy's music is ****ing simple, though. She doesn't need to work her ass off, because it's what the general public like anyway, whereas Gaga's music can be more out there, so she needs to work harder to get the general public on side. It sucks.

I want her to:

-Talk about perfume

-Talk about tour

-Reveal setlist(?

-Give more dates

Bold = things that probably won't happen

Italic = things that have a better chance than the bold, but still probably won't happen

;)

Jase

I want her to:

-Talk about perfume

-Talk about tour

-Reveal setlist(?

-Give more dates

I doubt we'll get any new music info. I'm expecting a large portion of it to be focused on the foundation, interviews with her parents about her past/her current success, and maybe some vague tour talk.