Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Marilyn Manson

Ziggster

58 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Manson album?

• Portrait of an American Family
    • Antichrist Superstar
    • Mechanical Animals
    • Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death)
    • The Golden Age of Grotesque
    • Eat Me, Drink Me
    • The High End of Low
    • Born Villain

Featured Posts

Sister

I only like Spade on TGAOG. I just can never get into that album.

I liked the mini movie that came with it better than the album, to be honest.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

• 1 month later...

lol @ "Can't Haunt Me" leaking around the same time as NIN returns with "Came Back Haunted"

Im totally over Manson. I'll always love and adore Golden Age, and the trilogy is brilliant, but look at him today. He's a mess and totally past it. The upcoming Avril Lavigne collab is the final nail in the coffin imo. Good luck with the weed and ever-shrinking fanbase I guess

Edited by dc1993

Anderson123

lol @ "Can't Haunt Me" leaking around the same time as NIN returns with "Came Back Haunted"

Im totally over Manson. I'll always love and adore Golden Age, and the trilogy is brilliant, but look at him today. He's a mess and totally past it. The upcoming Avril Lavigne collab is the final nail in the coffin imo. Good luck with the weed and ever-shrinking fanbase I guess

That's what I thought. "Can't Haunt Me" leaking around the same time as "Came Back Haunted" was released, I even thought about that song when I listened to Trent's new song. All of these small collabs he's been doing lately are interesting, I like how a line referencing "Flowers of Evil" is on Skylar Grey's song, but eh. I was also shocked to see that he's doing a song with Avril Lavigne, and knowing how she described it, I can tell it's going to be this "ballsy rockstars" song. Not excited about it.

Edited by Alan123

That's what I thought. "Can't Haunt Me" leaking around the same time as "Came Back Haunted" was released, I even thought about that song when I listened to Trent's new song. All of these small collabs he's been doing lately are interesting, I like how a line referencing "Flowers of Evil" is on Skylar Grey's song, but eh. I was also shocked to see that he's doing a song with Avril Lavigne, and knowing how she described it, I can tell it's going to be this "ballsy rockstars" song. Not excited about it.

HEY HEY U U GOT MANSON ON MA TRACK YEAH

but yeah, it's really disappointing the way he's turned out. His career in the 90s and early 2000s was one of the most creative periods in popular music, no doubt. And now it seems like he still hasn't settled into being "Marilyn Manson in the 2010s". Like smoking weed and making embaressing speeches whilst on stage with Alice Cooper, and saying his next musical project is "so unexpected", and even mentioning the possibility of resurrecting Holy Wood (the novel). The list goes on.

I swear if he releases Holy Wood it has to be the original text with minimal interference from him now. Don't make that suck too 

Anderson123

HEY HEY U U GOT MANSON ON MA TRACK YEAH

but yeah, it's really disappointing the way he's turned out. His career in the 90s and early 2000s was one of the most creative periods in popular music, no doubt. And now it seems like he still hasn't settled into being "Marilyn Manson in the 2010s". Like smoking weed and making embaressing speeches whilst on stage with Alice Cooper, and saying his next musical project is "so unexpected", and even mentioning the possibility of resurrecting Holy Wood (the novel). The list goes on.

I swear if he releases Holy Wood it has to be the original text with minimal interference from him now. Don't make that suck too 

That too. It's one of the many projects he ends up not releasing. Just like Phantasmagoria, Born Villain with extra tracks, Perform the triptych in 3 different shows, and so on.

I agree that his best time was during the 90's, and I honestly don't expect him to go back to that, but at least we're getting music now and it's not as bad as I thought it'd be. I hope Heart-Shaped Glasses is the lowest musical point he'd ever be at, and I think Born Villain was actually a nice record, I loved it, but I haven't listened to it as much as the triptych.

That too. It's one of the many projects he ends up not releasing. Just like Phantasmagoria, Born Villain with extra tracks, Perform the triptych in 3 different shows, and so on.

I agree that his best time was during the 90's, and I honestly don't expect him to go back to that, but at least we're getting music now and it's not as bad as I thought it'd be. I hope Heart-Shaped Glasses is the lowest musical point he'd ever be at, and I think Born Villain was actually a nice record, I loved it, but I haven't listened to it as much as the triptych.

imo The High End of Low was the low-point. On reflection now it's like an album of demos all going in different directions (none of them good). Like releasing ArmaGeddon to basically piss off Interscope... nice career move. Eat Me Drink Me is actually one of my favourites of his stuff post-Triptych, it's fully formed, raw and a great record.