Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Natalie La Rose makes her debut television performance of her top ten hit, Somebody!

Navy

Featured Posts

Nick1495

​Tinashe actually toured the world SOLO from fall 2014-winter 2015 so get your facts straight. I saw her on her headlining tour. Can this girl even book an opening act slot when no one even knows her for her name just for her whitney houston sampled song??? It's a good song and she's a good performer, but I can't see it happening yet. Tinashe is the one that deserves the throne

Message me when she's isn't still an opening act and is doing a ARENA/STADIUM tour and then I'll justify your opinion of her deserving the "throne". Opening act for Iggy??? IGGY?? It's a good thing that got cancelled because that would have been petty. At least she's touring with a bigger name. I'm not wasting anymore time on the subject because I don't have dislike towards Tinashe, just the way you bash up and coming artist. :bye: 

Paper Planes

Releasing this song as her lead single was both good and bad.

It was wise because it features an artist that just broke through urban and comtemporary hit radio last year, and it infuses a melody/lyrics that many people know.

However, it was a poor decision because she's not even a main staple of her debut track. Jeremiah is more recognized in this track, followed by "that girl." If she can't push through with another big single that is 100% original, she'll be stuck known as "that girl" who channeled Whitney Houston.

Futhermore, I'm already tired of Jeremiah's trend of converting classic songs into ratchet anthems. He's a brand new artist and nobody even knows what he is capable of because he is hiding behind other people's work. If you want to cover a song, great, but don't contort the lyrics into something stupid.

delete it fat

Message me when she's isn't still an opening act and is doing a ARENA/STADIUM tour and then I'll justify your opinion of her deserving the "throne". Opening act for Iggy??? IGGY?? It's a good thing that got cancelled because that would have been petty. At least she's touring with a bigger name. I'm not wasting anymore time on the subject because I don't have dislike towards Tinashe, just the way you bash up and coming artist. :bye: 

​Tinashe ****s on 99% of the damn artist out there right now SELLING OUT arenas. Her small venue tour was better than half of the arena shows I've been too. She is vocally talented, can dance like Janet, is a creative genius with her work. She writes all of her **** and PRODUCES her music all so early into her career. If she would've opened up for Iggy 1. she would've stole the show 2. That's what people ****ing do when they're new to the mainstream scene they open for bigger names. GAGA OPENED FOR THE ***CAT DOLLS. That wasn't petty??? All artist have to be an opening act at some point. I'm not really bashing Natalie La Rose, I just don't see the potential for her to become anything big. One hit THAT HAS A WHITNEY HOUSTON SAMPLE and a catchy male chorus isn't guarentting her any success while Tinashe has the talent and the music to back up a long successful career in the making. Tinashe deserves the throne for next big thing in R&B / R&B crossover into pop, no doubt about it. :bye: 

It was wise because it features an artist that just broke through urban and comtemporary hit radio last year, and it infuses a melody/lyrics that many people know.

However, it was a poor decision because she's not even a main staple of her debut track. Jeremiah is more recognized in this track, followed by "that girl." If she can't push through with another big single that is 100% original, she'll be stuck known as "that girl" who channeled Whitney Houston.

Futhermore, I'm already tired of Jeremiah's trend of converting classic songs into ratchet anthems. He's a brand new artist and nobody even knows what he is capable of because he is hiding behind other people's work. If you want to cover a song, great, but don't contort the lyrics into something stupid.

​Agree 100% That's why I don't get why people are acting like she's some hot ****. I liked the performance and I love the song, BUT it's not popular for Natalie La Rose, it's popular for 1. The sample of Whitney Houston 2. The catchy chorus from Jeremiah. It's forgettable and people aren't going to just be checking for her next single just like that when no one really knows who she is. A top ten hit doesn't guarantee any long term success. Tinashe isn't really known as the 2 On girl anymore she is making a name for herself in which she deserves. I just don't see the potential in this girl like I see in T. I haven't seen such a strong thrive, passion, and work ethic from an artist that I see in Tinashe since Gaga came on the scene. This girl has potential, but it's going to be a big push especially after this song. She's going to probably need to rely on another feature to get another hit.

Paper Planes

​Agree 100% That's why I don't get why people are acting like she's some hot ****. I liked the performance and I love the song, BUT it's not popular for Natalie La Rose, it's popular for 1. The sample of Whitney Houston 2. The catchy chorus from Jeremiah. It's forgettable and people aren't going to just be checking for her next single just like that when no one really knows who she is. A top ten hit doesn't guarantee any long term success. Tinashe isn't really known as the 2 On girl anymore she is making a name for herself in which she deserves. I just don't see the potential in this girl like I see in T. I haven't seen such a strong thrive, passion, and work ethic from an artist that I see in Tinashe since Gaga came on the scene. This girl has potential, but it's going to be a big push especially after this song. She's going to probably need to rely on another feature to get another hit.

I agree.

Natalie lacks identity. For a contemporary hit artist to make it in the mainstream, he/she needs to find a signature image/sound/lyricism/production style/something. Natalie La Rose has nothing. She didn't wiggle up the Hot 100 on her own merit; she was just pulled up with the Jeremiah wave. (I honestly don't see either of them making it long-term, but that's just me.)

Just as quickly as this song took off, it will die down. I doubt many people will remember it a few years down the line.

Tinashe started on the right foot with that DJ Mustard production credit, but then RCA left her hanging on the push for Pretend (surprise, surprise). I pray that she regains momentum with All Hands On Deck, and she needs to get radio airplay on her side for that. 

Critically, Tinashe is gleaming, though. I personally gave Aquarius a 3/5 rating on my website, but it has honestly grown into a 4/5 album for me.

delete it fat

I agree.

Natalie lacks identity. For a contemporary hit artist to make it in the mainstream, he/she needs to find a signature image/sound/lyricism/production style/something. Natalie La Rose has nothing. She didn't wiggle up the Hot 100 on her own merit; she was just pulled up with the Jeremiah wave. (I honestly don't see either of them making it long-term, but that's just me.)

Just as quickly as this song took off, it will die down. I doubt many people will remember it a few years down the line.

Tinashe started on the right foot with that DJ Mustard production credit, but then RCA left her hanging on the push for Pretend (surprise, surprise). I pray that she regains momentum with All Hands On Deck, and she needs to get radio airplay on her side for that. 

Critically, Tinashe is gleaming, though. I personally gave Aquarius a 3/5 rating on my website, but it has honestly grown into a 4/5 album for me.

​I agree completely with everything you're saying :legend: 

Well said! Not saying Natalie can't make that happen, it's too early to tell, but as of now she is nothing, but a hit. There's millions of big hits forgotten down the line. I don't see either making it either, especially Jeremiah. I'll let Natalie release some more stuff since this is literally her only song and let her attempt at proving me wrong, but I don't see it.

RCA seems to leave everyone hanging. If she gets radio airplay on her side she's coming to scalp. Her label needs to invest in her because she has potential to be the next big thing literally... it's sad that some of the artist that do headline arenas do and then you got someone like Tinashe who literally was created to headline arenas. 

Dangerous Man

The song is my jam for a month now and I'm freaking glad she finally performed this live on tv. If only you guys know my thirst for this. :giveup:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Cody Draco

​Jeremih broke out 5 years ago...

I don't care about any of the artists mentioned in this thread but he isn't new. :fat:

Paper Planes

​Jeremih broke out 5 years ago...

I don't care about any of the artists mentioned in this thread but he isn't new. :fat:

Guess that proves he's not that memorable :fat: 

delete it fat

Cody Draco

Guess that proves he's not that memorable :fat: 

​I don't think this Natalie chick is either, I don't even see the appeal of Somebody. :fat:

It's been done a million times. It's just another party song. I'm bored of this sh*t. :fat:

I thought she did really well. She comes across as confident, which is a great quality to have if she wants to be a big star.

Archived