Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Gaga get any backlash from Alejandro sounding like Don't Turn Around?

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

lego

Billboard described "Alejandro" as a synthpop song with a "stomping Euro-pop beat".[8][9] The song is influenced by ABBA and Ace of Base.[9][10] The Ace of Base influences are prominent in the beats of the song, the vocals, and the melody. The words are slurred in her mouth while consisting of an uplifting melody.[11]

Sal Cinquemani from Slant Magazine also made an Ace of Base connection calling the song a homage to them.[10]

Robert Copsey of Digital Spy gave the song five out of five stars and compared it to Madonna's song "La Isla Bonita" and Ace Of Base songs, but felt that Gaga added "her own twist to hers".[24] 

I think it was more similar to "All that she wants"

FreePalestine

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lego

Some say she sampled or asked permission from AoB, but I never found any receipts.

FreePalestine

SlaeUrAnus

It does sound like AoB, but more people focused on the resemblance to Vogue (even though I cannot see it) and the blasphemy controversy. 

In my messy era.

Giorno Giovanna

doesn't matter to me

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

daviddarko

The Haters find similarities even under the rocks. I was a huge fan of AoB and Alejandro has nothing to do with them

lego

The Haters find similarities even under the rocks. I was a huge fan of AoB and Alejandro has nothing to do with them

:awkney:

if you were a huge fan of AoB, you would recognize AoB's signature sound in Alejandro. I'm pretty sure Gaga would admit being influenced by them. It has nothing to do with haters. No one is talking about "blatant rip off" here.

FreePalestine

:awkney:

if you were a huge fan of AoB, you would recognize AoB's signature sound in Alejandro. I'm pretty sure Gaga would admit being influenced by them. It has nothing to do with haters. No one is talking about "blatant rip off" here.

​This. 

Alejandro is definitely influenced bei AoB. You can hear it very clear at the beginning of the song and it has nothing to do with being a hater. Artists are influenced by each other all the time and there's nothing wrong with it :shrug: 

lego

For those who don't know them, listen to some of AoB's instrumentals, you might hear the connection.

FreePalestine

MonsterOfSpain

For those who don't know them, listen to some of AoB's instrumentals, you might hear the connection.

​I can hear the similarity in the beats and synths... I didn't know All That She Wants was their song though, that's a good one.

erfaan

I remember there were a few talks about Red One jacking the sound of Ace of Base back in the days, yes. 

Archived