Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

'Hunger Games' star criticizes Taylor Swift, Madonna for 'rampant' appropriation of black culture

Remus

Featured Posts

Tropico

Ready for some white people to come up in here with "ugh social justice warrior! No one owns any culture. Stop getting so offended by everything!" :smh:

she's on point with everything. Cultural appropriation has got to the point where I'm just disappointed by it now. It doesn't shock me anymore. Some of these celebrities have no respect for it but anyway. 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bloody

I'm black and I don't find any of these things offensive. People just like to complain.

​I'm not black and I'm not in potition to understand it like you but I agree.Why does she make it a big deal, I don't get it. :confused:

Tropico

I'm black and I don't find any of these things offensive. People just like to complain.

I don't take offense with these examples but it's disappointing that cultural appropriation is such a reoccurring issue in pop culture. 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Bette Davis

Culture is a fluid thing.. Its ever changing, evolving, spreading, mixing and doesnt see racial boundaries. Call that appropriation if you want though. :thetea:

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

Didymus

I challenge one of those twats to tell me what "black culture" is supposed to be without inevitably exposing themselves as ignorant fools.

Jester

Argh someone educate that child.

Her way of thinking is sooo :fail: Worshipping black culture is only a sign of progress in racial issues, not the other way around.

When black chicks wear blonde wigs is it appropriating white culture? Or wearing half of the western clothes, heels, hats? Performing classical European music?

She is saying the truth I guess but she is too young to speak about this.

Everyone can have an opinion, it doesn't matter how old they are. It can change over times, but this doesn't mean she can't share her thoughts. 

Morphine Prince

All of the things she mentioned are MAINSTREAM Hip-Hop culture. Yes, it has elements of "black culture" (this is arguable), but I would say it is more Urban culture. Is Daddy Yankee appropriating black culture even though he's from the urban scene in NY? I don't think so. 

Jesse Pinkman

I don't take offense with these examples but it's disappointing that cultural appropriation is such a reoccurring issue in pop culture. 

​If anything, the issue should be those who aren't acknowledged for their talent but then someone of a lessor talent adapts that style and is rewarded.. But that's an entirely different issue. :thetea:  

It's science, bitch

Spock

She should be thankful Taylor Swift was one of the reasons The Hunger Games was a hit and shut up

who will love me when the night is over

Evan Peters

Why is it that people complain about this **** rather than actual cultural appropriation? 

Cultures are meant to be shared, at least, that's what I thought? For the most part, I've always seen people who are a part of a culture welcome others who want to learn or participate in things. Obviously there's going to be specific events that you shouldn't delve into but rarely do I ever see people complaining about actual appropriation. 

It's so odd to think that a hot topic among "sjw" is "whites stealin our dreads!!" (despite the vikings having them among other ethnicities and cultures) or people who aren't 'POC' (honestly, I can't be the only one who thinks that term is racist--clumping together every single race that isn't white just for the sake of separation? It's like you're erasing that person's identity, and it's completely hypocritical in the sense that people I see using it most are the ones who scream at others when they don't specify which asian country a person of an asian ethnicity may be from) using slang that apparently only exists for one race to use and that's it.

This is some tumblr level sjw thinking right here which is sad because I thought I wouldn't have to see this outside of that god forsaken website that i can't escape.

emma roberts is an abuser

bionic

​If anything, the issue should be those who aren't acknowledged for their talent but then someone of a lessor talent adapts that style and is rewarded.. But that's an entirely different issue. :thetea:  

​see: Robin Thicke/Justin Timberlake :awkney: 

buy bionic

HighwayGuy

I have never put that much effort into any of my school projects :laughga:

I hope she got that A :pray:

venusian

I challenge one of those twats to tell me what "black culture" is supposed to be without inevitably exposing themselves as ignorant fools.

its pretty obvious ? :excuseme:  

WELCOME TO THE TRAGIC KINGDOM

Archived