Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Were you a "non pop/non dance" person before Gaga?

Quark

Featured Posts

mister max

i was a non gaga person before ARTPOP

i thought lady gaga=lady meatdress

OT: idk i listend to the radio a lot

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LoveandMagic

o<(0_0)>o

Before Gaga became the star that she is today, and before I became a fan of her, I only listened (for the most part), to all kinds of rock music (alternative, heavy metal, 80s rock, industrial, ect.) and a bit of hip hop. I never gave pop music, or edm music a second look, and I thought that all pop stars were some manufactured untalented people. Today, I still think that most pop stars are untalented and manufactured, but thanks to Gaga, I do listen to a lot more pop and edm than before (and I do give pop stars a chance before deciding that they are not good).

So were you a "non pop/non dabce" person before you became a Gaga fan? Did you mostly listen to some other genres of music?

I was sort of the same way, even after Gaga came out. I didn't really give her music much of a chance until Born This Way. Of course now I can look back at her two previous eras and recognize them as classics but before I thought she was gimmicky and a bit of a try hard.

I listened to pop sparingly, mostly what was on the radio but I actually hated most of the top 40. Like you, I preferred mostly rock and all it's different forms. I still like some goth and dark industrial/electronica. But since I became a Gaga fan I am enjoying pop music a little bit more than before.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Chromatislaps

I really have no idea... before Gaga I was, a lesbean

you: Oprah

me: Whitney

No. I came to Gaga from years of stanning for Britney and Madonna. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

mariomania1234

I was a hardcore MJ fan. I also liked a lot of pop music but never followed it as closely as I do now.

Went through a brief Britney Spears/Backstreet Boys phase as a kid also. :toofunga:

Staryu

Before Gaga, the closest thing to pop music that I was listening to was J-Pop and K-Pop.

Quark

I was sort of the same way, even after Gaga came out. I didn't really give her music much of a chance until Born This Way. Of course now I can look back at her two previous eras and recognize them as classics but before I thought she was gimmicky and a bit of a try hard.

I listened to pop sparingly, mostly what was on the radio but I actually hated most of the top 40. Like you, I preferred mostly rock and all it's different forms. I still like some goth and dark industrial/electronica. But since I became a Gaga fan I am enjoying pop music a little bit more than before.

​Yeah, you sound like me.

HausOfNena

I was a hardcore MJ fan. I also liked a lot of pop music but never followed it as closely as I do now.

Went through a brief Britney Spears/Backstreet Boys phase as a kid also. :toofunga:

Stan for the King :legend: 

giskardsb

I've always been very selective in pop artists. They have to bring some real talent to the table.  Mostly I can't listen to pop radio more than 10 minutes before changing the station.  My major genres are Rock/metal, jazz, and "world". 

No. I loved (and still love) pop music before I've known Gaga. And not just pop music since I grew up listening to a wide variety of artists - from the likes of Bon Jovi, The Beatles, Aerosmith, Kenny Rogers, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, N Sync, Britney Spears, Eminem, 2Pac all the way to Nelly, Maroon 5, Ashanti, BEP, Fergie. I know it sounds so silly but I literally LOVED radio and MTV that listening to music became a huge part of my life. It was my pastime, my bonding time with family and friends, and my ultimate escape from any problem I've had as a kid all the way to being a teen.

And that very musical diversity I grew up to is the reason why I really enjoy listening to and watching Gaga. Why so? Because she's like a rock star singing dance music but can hit the high notes like a pop diva and even tries to sing some other genres like hip-hop, r&b, country, and jazz with ease. She's basically like a dream come true for any fan who loves a wide selection of music, isn't she?

giskardsb

And that very musical diversity I grew up to is the reason why I really enjoy listening to and watching Gaga. Why so? Because she's like a rock star singing dance music but can hit the high notes like a pop diva and even tries to sing some other genres like hip-hop, r&b, country, and jazz with ease. She's basically like a dream come true for any fan who loves a wide selection of music, isn't she?

​Totally.    I still really need her to bring that inner rock star out more. :)

CannaeDrive

​Pretty much this, that's what made me a fan of Gaga. I listen to a lot of different genre of music, from rock to jazz, R&B to Latin, opera to avant-garde electronic, pop is way down that list, and still is. I am so grateful to the Music Gods to have brought us Gaga.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Archived