💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What if ARTPOP's name was VENUS instead?

HANZ

Slays or Not?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Slays or Not?

• I like it
    • no ARTPOP>>>>>>>>>

Featured Posts

I honestly thing either Venus or Aura would've been better titles and the album would've been received 104% better without the preconceived ideas of art we all expected in the music

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaXCupcakke

The reception towards it would have changed for the better, no question. Listeners and critics were so busy trying to find the "art" in ARTPOP (never mind that art is the theme which runs straight through it), that they missed the music entirely.

​THIS SO MUCH!! I've seen so many reviews bashing her saying she's trying to be artsy just because of the album title. :madge:

Slayer

I personally prefer Venus and it would almost definitely have been received better by the public and critics. 

It also would've been a nice theme for the album. Whereas BTW was about self-love, Venus could have been about love for other people and the world. It would have been a lot more relatable than "freeing your creative spirit". It kinda felt like the album was only for arty, creative people, which is fine, but also a tad limiting...

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Cody Draco

...DWUW....Terry Richardson ....R Kelly....Xtine...Blackout....:green:

​You do realize there is a difference between the actual album itself and the messy era right? :fat:

Battle 4 Ur Life

I honestly find it reductive.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

MANiCURE1295

It should be. It is pretty clear to me Gaga was over the original ARTPOP concept after the hip break but didn't change the name cause she had already announced it :flop: 

​You think? why do you think you? I think she was really passionate about the whole idea and concept of the album. 

Chromatislaps

​You do realize there is a difference between the actual album itself and the messy era right? :fat:

​...ARTPOPApp  .....Aura demo being better then album version... :green: 

​You think? why do you think you? I think she was really passionate about the whole idea and concept of the album. 

​Because the actual album has nothing to do with it? 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Slade

ARTPOP is by far my favorite album title of hers, but if it were named Venus, it probably would've gotten a lot less flack from critics tbh.

Cody Draco

​...ARTPOPApp  .....Aura demo being better then album version... :green: 

​ARTPOPApp has nothing to do with the actual album itself.

It was supposed to be an extra addition to the era just like the Born Brave bus. :fat:

Aura on the album is cleaner and more cohesive with the rest of the album. Y'all act like the version on the album is SO sh*tty compared to the demo when it is still a masterpiece. :makeup:

AyaKara

VENUS would have been a great album title if she included all of the songs that had Greek references (she said in the past that Temple has this, and obviously Venus, GUY, and MJH do as well).

Here for Private in Public. 

​I will ALWAYS stan for this. Gaga hinted at it so much, I'm certain that it's a song that was part of the 70-80 songs of ARTPOP. This would have been a better title for the album based on the songs that ended up on it.

Archived