💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lily Allen Speaks About Tıdal

KaanBTW

Featured Posts

Hellspont

1: If someone can't afford $10/month then they shouldn't consume music. Nobody in the pop music space makes music to not be paid.

2: It will sell because it's a viable competitor to spotify and has a killer marketing campaign, not because "people are sheep"

3: Apple and Beats cost more than similarly performing competitors because they spend money on marketing and design instead of building high-performance products. Different, not worse.

4: Celebrity endorsments are literally everywhere and have been since we started making people famous. They don't make products and services inherently better or worse.

5:TIDAL actually delivers equal or better service than it's competitor, unlike Apple and Beats.

6: Dethroning Spotify's monopoly can only serve to make Spotify more competitive, which will make things better for both consumer and for the recording industry.

​thats so ignorant, just because people cant afford something then they shouldnt be able to consume it? Yes it will sale but not because of their strong marketing its literally just a list of artists who are now richer to get people to buy it. Beats are not high quality they cost 18 dollars to make and are low quality compared to most other brands. Celebrity endorsements are everywhere but that doesnt make it an excuse to sale something has revolutionary and world changing, its not, its slightly better quality that most people cant even recognize the difference.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FrankGutz

Also I kind of feel like people think they are entitled to free music. :duck: Who cares if you made enough money to pickle yourself till eternity like Madonna, she still deserves to get paid for what she does. We have enough indicators that Spotify is not working out, with artists not getting paid properly and everybody taking the music on it for granted.
It send out a clear, strong and very unpopular message: Pay me, I'm not working my ass off to give my work away for free.

​it ain't free tho, u can't choose the song & u have to suck it up some commercials, if you pay u get rid off of that annoying publicity, if you don't suscribe the publicity & commercials do it for you. That's how a ****ing radio works, publicity pays everything. And a lot of people doesn't listen to radio anymore, they move from radio to Spotify, so why you would pay for it if the publicity is paying.

The people who don't buy music always used youtube, illegally downloads, piracy here in Mexico u can get a MP3 with a lot of song for 1 or 2 dollars) yet people still buy music, from their favorite artists, and a lot of them stopped buying piracy thanks to Spotify, but, i don't think people will spend more money on TIDAL, there will always be torrents, blogs, youtube, P2P software, soundcloud, etc...

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

soundwave

Apple products are cheap pieces of junk all you have to do is use a real PC.

​lmao you're jut pressed. this is far from true. 

Hellspont

​lmao you're jut pressed. this is far from true. 

​oh come on, they are ridiculously over priced. they are not worth more than android devices :air:

Supersonic

​it ain't free tho, u can't choose the song & u have to suck it up some commercials, if you pay u get rid off of that annoying publicity, if you don't suscribe the publicity & commercials do it for you.

​you still don't have to pay for it though to listen to a song? :emma: That's the literal definition for free.

FrankGutz

"I don't buy 12 albums a year."

I buy more than 12 albums a year and I'm a basic college student :rip:  She, who is considering herself a major English pop act, doesn't buy 12 albums a year? How does she expect people to buy her own album when she's degrading people who buy multiple albums a year?

​There are people who don't even buy 1 album per year, i mean :awkney:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

PoshLife

​Exactly, this is honestly very stupid. She doesn't support the music industry herself; why should people support her? That's quite selfish on her part. 

​Wait, what? That doesn't make her hypocritical. She's not obligated to buy everyone's music so they'll buy hers. I mean... I don't even understand the point you're trying to make. Just like nobody's forcing her to use Tidal, so too is nobody forcing you to buy her music. These are all consumer choices.

Tumblr

She's right tho, is anyone really gonna pay $10-19.99 a month for a "new-age" music service when piracy and YouTube streaming is so rampant? 

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

Paper Planes

​Wait, what? That doesn't make her hypocritical. She's not obligated to buy everyone's music so they'll buy hers. I mean... I don't even understand the point you're trying to make. Just like nobody's forcing her to use Tidal, so too is nobody forcing you to buy her music. These are all consumer choices.

​But if not even people in the music industry are willing support the music industry, who is willing to support it? I'm not saying that she is obligated to buy everyone's music, but she should be willing to support the artists that she enjoys. The way she tweeted her opinion makes it seem as if she doesn't even do that.

delete it fat

soundwave

​oh come on, they are ridiculously over priced. they are not worth more than android devices default_air.jpg

​You're delusional if you think a plastic samsung phone costs the same to make as an aluminium iPhone. 

Hellspont

​You're delusional if you think a plastic samsung phone costs the same to make as an aluminium iPhone. 

​im just going to leave this alone because my brain hurts 

​But if not even people in the music industry are willing support the music industry, who is willing to support it? I'm not saying that she is obligated to buy everyone's music, but she should be willing to support the artists that she enjoys. The way she tweeted her opinion makes it seem as if she doesn't even do that.

​Well she supports the artists she wants to support. It isn't like she buy 12 albums then illegally downloads the rest she just has a selective taste. Also I'm sure she spends a lot of her time listening to music that has already been out a long time and she already owns that music.

She isn't demonizing the service so I don't get the "no one is forcing you to use it" comments. She is saying that it is expensive compared to other streaming services, which will be a reason for the normal GP consumer to go back to piracy to get the Tidal-exclusive artist's music. Nothing but the truth

Hello, it's me

JazzGa

Someone explain to me how this benefits small/medium sized acts and isn't just about rich people getting more coins :awkney: Based on the Billboard article, the handful of original superfamous "partners" gets 48% of the profit. (Unless I misread it).  No mention on how much the actual artists who aren't partners gets, or how it compares to Spotify etc. Or how many small/indie acts will even be available. If anyone has any info on that, and doesn't just want their fave to "be more successful", please educate me. I thirst for knowledge. If this helps small acts who actually struggle to make a living, gr8, but it seems to me that this only helps line the pockets of the 16 original partners.

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Haroon

​I didn't read it that way at all :confused: I just read it as her not purchasing 12 albums, probably because there aren't 12 albums she enjoys enough to purchase in a year :laughga: 

Archived