💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

"Home" blasts in at #1, grosses twice as much as initially forecasted

Supersonic

Featured Posts

No not at all, because besides the normal press junkets, Rihanna isn't being really advertised. 

If the film had flopped (it's not really in the clear, it just had a better opening weekend than expected and DWs shares are still in the pits) it would be because DreamWorks makes horrible movies and are a mess creatively

​If it was Taylor playing the part though you would be praising Taylor and saying that she is responsbile for success. Be quiet and let the Navy enjoy our success.

Rihanna had some factor into this but not all of it. She is one of the main characters, did the most promo for the movie a long with Jim, distributed and directed the soundtrack, and did a fantastic job in the movie. She is responsible for some of it's success.

Spock

​If it was Taylor playing the part though you would be praising Taylor and saying that she is responsbile for success. Be quiet and let the Navy enjoy our success.

Rihanna had some factor into this but not all of it. She is one of the main characters, did the most promo for the movie a long with Jim, distributed and directed the soundtrack, and did a fantastic job in the movie. She is responsible for some of it's success.

When Taylor had a part in The Lorax and it surpassed opening weekend estimations and was a hit, even with her making more promo rounds than Rihanna at all the talk shows with Zac Efron, I didn't say anything so sit. 

Im not saying that she didn't have anything to do at all, but let's be real, this wasn't a Rihanna star vehicle. It certainly isn't billed as one. This spike isn't due 100% because of her, it's because there aren't many family movies playing (BoxOfficeMojo did an article about it being a possibility a while back). Besides, I don't think many 6 year olds Home is targeted at know her family hits such as Pour It Up and Cake

who will love me when the night is over

When Taylor had a part in The Lorax and it surpassed opening weekend estimations and was a hit, even with her making more promo rounds than Rihanna at all the talk shows with Zac Efron, I didn't say anything so sit. 

Im not saying that she didn't have anything to do at all, but let's be real, this wasn't a Rihanna star vehicle. It certainly isn't billed as one. This spike isn't due 100% because of her, it's because there aren't many family movies playing (BoxOfficeMojo did an article about it being a possibility a while back). Besides, I don't think many 6 year olds know her family  hits such as Pour It Up and Cake

​Yes I do agree with you overall, she didn't have a huge contribution to it's success, but she did have some contribution to it. There's thousands and thousands of Rihanna Navy who went to see the movie because of her. I wouldn't of went to see it if she wasn't in it simple as that... It's an amazing inspiring sad/happy family film regardless, she deserves the success a long with the rest of the cast and Dreamworks!

heavymlover

Honestly, I do think the cast is one of the main reasons behind the film's success. Penguins and How to Train Your Dragon had a lot more of hype to back them up, but they still were pretty dissapointing domestically speaking. Home is one of the most forgettable films DreamWorks has ever done, but I like some of their franchises, so I'm glad this will help the company survive.

Haroon

Yay for Home :party: I haven't seen a Dreamworks movie in the cinema since Shrek the 4th I think, but I think I'll go watch this one :yes: 

RAMROD

Honestly, I do think the cast is one of the main reasons behind the film's success. Penguins and How to Train Your Dragon had a lot more of hype to back them up, but they still were pretty dissapointing domestically speaking. Home is one of the most forgettable films DreamWorks has ever done, but I like some of their franchises, so I'm glad this will help the company survive.

​Penguins is really bad, I regret spending my moolah on it :(

It doesn't keep up with Madgascar, or its TV series, not one bit.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived