Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why do you listen to Gaga?

bigbozzboy

Featured Posts

bigbozzboy

I've seem some discussion lately that Gaga's lyrics might not be suited to everyone. Are lyrics really that important for listeners as a sole factor of liking the music or not?

Personally, I was attracted to Gaga's music at first because her melodies and musicality were something that most other pop artists couldn't offer me. I never really ever thought about lyrics TBH. I have seen a couple of threads recently saying that her music has been unrelatable (due to lyrics) and it didn't really make sense to me. As a musician, I respect gaga's musical intuition more-so than her lyrical prowess so I was wondering if the reason most of you listened to Gaga was for her "music" or more for the "lyrics".

Just curious!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yanko

both play big part  for me

i think she has her style of writing but i just can't enjoy songs like donatella and bad kids 

Staryu

The meanings of her lyrics aren't as important (to me) as the music itself and how those lyrics sound.

PrinceGaga

I enjoy both. I love her strong messages in some songs and strong melodies others (most of the time, both in the same song) and I also get a kick out of her more silly stuff that melodically is great but lyrically is really slap-stick. Depends on my mood at the time of when I'm listening to it really. 

bigbozzboy

I know donatella's lyrics suck.. but I LOVE that build up / production. I think it's a great track musically.

bigbozzboy

The meanings of her lyrics aren't as important (to me) as the music itself and how those lyrics sound.

​Yea! Music comes first for me. If the lyrics work well with music that's a plus!

Quartz

To me, I do give the melody a big part when deciding if I like the song or not. But for me to stay hooked to a song, that will be up to the lyrics. And for that song to have lasting impact in my life, the lyrics have to be STRONG (e.g. BTW, Marry the Night)

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Jesse Pinkman

Because I love pop music, but I dont want to listen to basic mindless crap all of time. Yes she makes mainly top 40 pop, but her music actually has substance. 

For instance, you can a--lyze and debate about what her lyrics are about. Also, her songs have meaning and important messages to them. She actually attempts to bring change and artistic aspects into pop music. Which I appreciate because its the genre I love the most, so I can connect to it easily.

Not to mention she writes incredible choruses, and her music is thematically diverse and interesting.

Her songs has gotten me through SO much. Through heartache,  pain, and even happy moments. And for that reason alone I will always listen to her music and I will always be blown away. :yes: 

SN: Happy Birthday, Gaga ! ;)

It's science, bitch

SlayMeToVenus

She made me realize that we're the same in many ways. I can relate to most of the stuff that has happened to her. 

& also her music brings out my inner sass. :queenga:

I don't have a Diamond Heart.

bigbozzboy

Because I love pop music, but I dont want to listen to basic mindless crap all of time. Yes she makes mainly top 40 pop, but her music actually has substance. 

For instance, you can a--lyze and debate about what her lyrics are about. Also, her songs have meaning and important messages to them. She actually attempts to bring change and artistic aspects into pop music. Which I appreciate because its the genre I love the most, so I can connect to it easily.

Not to mention she writes incredible choruses, and her music is thematically diverse and interesting.

Her songs has gotten me through SO much. Through heartache,  pain, and even happy moments. And for that reason alone I will always listen to her music and I will always be blown aw

bigbozzboy

I'm new to this forum.. anyways I was trying to respond to Lamon. I agree Gaga's choruses are amazing. But I was wondering are you more attracted to her choruses because of the lyrical content or the melodic content?

Chromatislaps

cuz Pokerface, Paper Gangsta and Paparazzi Stuart Price remix were slaying my life...and thus I decided the Bitch Better Have My Money #R8

iPNysqBEPIkgm.gif

she's talented, has a lot of interesting looks, symbolism and methaphors in her craft, and she has a positive message to world (get your d1cks out little hors :hor::gaycat: ) 

Jesse Pinkman

I'm new to this forum.. anyways I was trying to respond to Lamon. I agree Gaga's choruses are amazing. But I was wondering are you more attracted to her choruses because of the lyrical content or the melodic content?

Welcome! :)

As for your question, I would say melody but her lyrics are great as well! (Sometimes they can be a hit or miss tho..)

It's science, bitch

bigbozzboy

Welcome! :)

As for your question, I would say melody but her lyrics are great as well! (Sometimes they can be a hit or miss tho..)

​Thanks :) Awesome! I agree her melodies are awesome :)

Andreyw

I don't care that much for the lyrics ... If I enjoy the melody , then I like it :music: if not....the answer is obvious

Archived