music news

Madonna re-writes history with Rebel Heart for biggest 2nd week sales drop

Enhsa

Featured Posts

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jenniferella

That's one huge drop ! A good thing she opened at #1 WW.

Can't wait to see her on tour :woohoo2:

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

nikola

i think reasons for madonnas low sales are leaks and the fact that MDNA was not that good and maybe hat made some people not to buy RH because they tought that it is not good........

tbh i think that madonna should thit about retirement....and maybe shouldmake her next album be liek last one ......tbh it would sell really good because it would be last album of queen of pop.....also she could do some like special editions of it....and the tour would be a hit because it would be her last one......and dont get me wrong i love Madonna and RHJ but we cant hide the fact that intrest for her and her albums are lower than before and it tottaly normal after so much time....and also i heard that tickets for her new tour are not selling as fast as tickets for her last one did.....which makes me think more about this way...and dont get me won when i say retire i dont mean she should disappear from face of the earth,she can still do some little projects from time to time........but knowing madonna there is no way she will retire any time soon which makes me happy and woied......

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Bellatrix

i think reasons for madonnas low sales are leaks and the fact that MDNA was not that good and maybe hat made some people not to buy RH because they tought that it is not good........

tbh i think that madonna should thit about retirement....and maybe shouldmake her next album be liek last one ......tbh it would sell really good because it would be last album of queen of pop.....also she could do some like special editions of it....and the tour would be a hit because it would be her last one......and dont get me wrong i love Madonna and RHJ but we cant hide the fact that intrest for her and her albums are lower than before and it tottaly normal after so much time....and also i heard that tickets for her new tour are not selling as fast as tickets for her last one did.....which makes me think more about this way...and dont get me won when i say retire i dont mean she should disappear from face of the earth,she can still do some little projects from time to time........but knowing madonna there is no way she will retire any time soon which makes me happy and woied......

I disagree​. Sure, she doesn't sell as much as she used to. But she still have lots of fans who want to hear and see more from her. So I don't think she should stop doing something she love just because she's not #1 anymore.

AM98GJ

Obviously I wouldn't want this to ever happen to someone, but if I had to I'd prefer this happened to MDNA, RH was so much better and deserves some recognition :noparty:

darkwolf

​Even if the sales are lower than expected, she is STILL one of the best selling artists today, still profitable. It's not easy to debut at #1 worldwide. And her tours still sell very well: more shows have been added to the RH in the US, don't believe the articles talking about poor sales: there were the same types of articles about the MDNA tour, until Live nation announced that she has sold 1.6M before the tour even started.

Spock

Yay, let's all continue bashing her!!!!

who will love me when the night is over

Enhsa

​There are no stadiums as for now. It was known months ago that she's going to do arenas this time; since she's touring in the fall/winter.

​i think she will add some stadiums next time

At those who say she should retire. :rip: She still has selling power in an era where music isn't selling anymore. 

All she needs to do is stop making dance music for teens and focus on a more mature sound and lyrics like Ray of Light, Bedtime Stories, American Life etc.. Because she made more serious music when she was younger, idk whats going on with her now she used to write such deep and amazing songs.

Hexxx

Well after that interview from the 90s, it's possible that Madonna will still be performing in her 60s.  

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Hexxx

Yay, let's all continue bashing her!!!!

While she slays all your faves on tour

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

monketsharona

​To me one of the cause she's 'flopping' is that she returned with a bad single. Honestly LFL is not a good choice for a big return. I would not have chosen it as a single. She had better tracks on her album...

Though that doesn't mean she'll never return #1 one day.. However I agree with the fact the interest in Madonna is quite low this era. That's quite a shame because RH is far better than her two lasts albums... You can be sure Madonna will be touring and releasing new music at least until her late 60s

• Zilla locked this topic

Archived