💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Meghan Trainor dragged by media for sexist music video

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Supersonic

This is bull****. So now wanting to cook for your husband is s-xist? http://gagadaily.com/uploads/default_air.jpg I'm definitely a feminist, but the whole point of feminism is EQUALITY. Why do people think that they have the right to deem the type of relationship Meghan wants acceptable or not. She's not saying "every girl, you need to do this." She's simply stating to her future husband what she expects, which I think is inspiring, since girls need to know they deserve what they themselves want in a relationship. People throw around the words "racist" and "s-xist" WAY to much nowadays. It's ridiculous.

​What is concerning about this is that she puts out songs like that with that "my future husband is that and I'll be his perfect wife and do whatever he wants and I hope he likes the way I look" message and is marketed at the same time towards female pre-teens and children, with all the flashy colors and bubblegum aesthetic. It literally indoctrinates into little girls that they are supposed to be married, that they are supposed to be straight, that they are supposed to buy the groceries and let the future husband "rock her body right" as soon as he remotely does anything that could be considered helpful to upkeep a household. Like that sh*t was normal. Because it is not.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fiona Apple

A copycat of another song that promotes a bad message.

Fantastic song.

​Just stop tho.. Yea it is a copy..But promotes a bad message? Seriously? It's just a stupid fun pop song .:air:

​Well, that is at least the level of eloquence and articulation I'd come to expect from a Meghan Trainor fan.

​Lol, I'm not a Meghan Trainor fan. I just enjoy her music and don't really understand why are so many people attacking her. She's a simple pop act with catchy tunes, she's not on serious, big level like Gaga is.

CannaeDrive

What kind of hysterical whiny over reaction is that? Didn't they ever heard of irony? Just because that bullying crowd seems so humorless, I feel supportive of MT even tho I don't really care for her music.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

It's been clear to me since All About That Bass that's she's not going for feminism 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Gypsy Life

Because the "perfect wife" (that in itself is stupid) is a simple grocery buyer? http://gagadaily.com/uploads/default_awkney2.gif 

EDIT: what the hell is happening with the quote? :duck: 

Ever heard of satire? Doesn't take a genius to notice. 

She says "you got that 9 to 5, but baby so do I", which is basically the opposite of your quote.

She also says she'll be sleeping on the left side of the bed and that she wants to visit her family more than his in the song. Oh how offensive. That's totally s-xist. Promoting familial problems.

She also picks the pizza guy at the end of the video. Promoting obesity. How dare she

codymonster

​What is concerning about this is that she puts out songs like that with that "my future husband is that and I'll be his perfect wife and do whatever he wants and I hope he likes the way I look" message and is marketed at the same time towards female pre-teens and children, with all the flashy colors and bubblegum aesthetic. It literally indoctrinates into little girls that they are supposed to be married, that they are supposed to be straight, that they are supposed to buy the groceries and let the future husband "rock her body right" as soon as he remotely does anything that could be considered helpful to upkeep a household. Like that sh*t was normal. Because it is not.

But it doesn't just say that. It also states that she demands many things from him. She demands respect, and for him to treat her right, which I think are admirable things.

Irregardless, women are all over the radio singing about one night stands with men and being unfaithful, which is fine. They can sing about whatever they want, and write about whatever they want. They are free to live their life how they want, and young girls are hearing these songs.

What bothers me, is that just because Meghan has a more traditional relationship style in mind, she is immediately degrading herself. Well, some might say the women looking to be s-xually active with many men are degrading themselves.

When it all boils down tho, neither woman is wrong. It's their own life, and others have no right to say they are living their lives wrong or that they are not good role models.

Tove Lo

​Just stop tho.. Yea it is a copy..But promotes a bad message? Seriously? It's just a stupid fun pop song . default_air.jpg

​Fun pop song doesn't justify anything sis. 

34hUpHM.gif

hop on that **** like a maniac

Fiona Apple

​Fun pop song doesn't justify anything sis. 

34hUpHM.gif

​Lol.It's not meant to be taken seriously :deadbanana:

Darcklighter22

She's having her 15 mins she can do whatever she wants in that time we saw what happened with Natalia :lolly:

​Yeah women can do what they want! ..... Except be skinny, cos boys like a little more booty to hold at night, right?

​Do you even understand the fact that All About That Bass is a song with a message of body acceptance?

Before you even shoot me with your much judgmental comments about All About That Bass discriminating much "thinner" people

Go ahead and tell them skinny b---hes Hey

No, I'm just playing I know you think you're fat,

But I'm here to tell you that,

Every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top

Even in the song she said it was just a joke but you guys like to blow it off proportion and just makes you guys look dumb as hell but I just sit here do nothing because you guys are just stubborn about it. 

Stay mad and stay you with your myopic thinking about Meghan Trainor and her fans. Pathetic. 

qLEq7Ai.gif

Tropico

Ever heard of satire? Doesn't take a genius to notice. 

She says "you got that 9 to 5, but baby so do I", which is basically the opposite of your quote.

She also says she'll be sleeping on the left side of the bed and that she wants to visit her family more than his in the song. Oh how offensive. That's totally s-xist. Promoting familial problems.

She also picks the pizza guy at the end of the video. Promoting obesity. How dare she

Your last two paragraphs are so irrelevant to the thread. 

That's a very weak and odd attempt at satire. Not very clear. Or she is utilizing it wrong. 

Her working 9-5 doesn't make it any less s-xist. 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Gypsy Life

Your last two paragraphs are so irrelevant to the thread. 

That's a very weak and odd attempt at satire. Not very clear. Or she is utilizing it wrong. 

Her working 9-5 doesn't make it any less s-xist. 

Well you still didn't explain anything s-xist about the song. 

Buy Title and Dear Future Husband on iTunes and your nearest Target store, and pick a ticket of That Bass Tour while you're at it. Ciao.

Harry

​Do you even understand the fact that All About That Bass is a song with a message of body acceptance?

Before you even shoot me with your much judgmental comments about All About That Bass discriminating much "thinner" people

Even in the song she said it was just a joke but you guys like to blow it off proportion and just makes you guys look dumb as hell but I just sit here do nothing because you guys are just stubborn about it. 

Stay mad and stay you with your myopic thinking about Meghan Trainor and her fans. Pathetic. 

qLEq7Ai.gif

Lol give me a break. Let's see Rihanna or Katy drop a "joke" about fat people in one of their songs and see how the world reacts. Don't be hypocritical about it.

we get up in arms when someone like Eminem makes a joke about gay people or women, we do the same if someone makes a joke about Gaga putting on weight etc. Why is it okay to pull the "it's just a joke" card against skinny people but no one else? It's absolute bs and it goes against her point in the first place of attitudes in society. If kids are taught it's alright to laugh at people that are different to them then they're gonna hate themselves if there's anything they perceive to be wrong with them. And it all starts with things like this that change those attitudes. 

Obviously no one's gonna take it that seriously from the song but it's just the principle. She's a hypocrite. 

Tropico

Well you still didn't explain anything s-xist about the song. 

Buy Title and Dear Future Husband on iTunes and your nearest Target store, and pick a ticket of That Bass Tour while you're at it. Ciao.

It's more degrading than it is s-xist because she is painting out what the perfect woman should be like. Which kinda counts as prejudice which falls under s-xism. 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Archived