Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Do you think Interscope Records lacks the ability to properly promote pop stars?

JusKeepBreathin

Do you think Interscope Records lacks the ability to properly promote pop stars?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Interscope Records lacks the ability to properly promote pop stars? Specifically female pop stars. Like Lady Gaga and Madonna

• Yes they lack the ability
    • No they do not lack the ability
    • Not Sure

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin

91px-Interscope_logo.png

After taking a quick look at the Artist roster of Interscope Records, I am going to make an assumption that they probably have the most talented women in the pop music industry signed to them. I say that because most of them write and produce their own songs and albums. I also think they don't know how to promote pop musicians especially the female ones. They seem to know exactly how to promote their male rap artists, but not any other kind of artist. 

Lana, Madonna, Gaga, Robyn, Fergie, Ellie Goulding, Nelly Furtado, M.I.A. Gwen Stefani 

All these artist have had recent "failed albums" and "failed singles"

Even Ellie Goulding who is number one EVERYWHERE in the world with her new song, is only #4 behind songs that have been out for a while now in the states. Despite her success with that song her album could be selling better in the US.

I'm even going to go out on a limb and say they don't know what they are doing with their Alt Rock and rock bands like.

Imagine Dragons who had a not so great first week and one of my favorites All American Rejects.

I think Selena Gomez's next album will still be a hit for Interscope, but I am dying to see what happens to Carly Rae Jepsen's new album. Her new song seems like a hit but still no radio airplay. 

Please don't misconstrue when I say hit for Carly's new song. I mean a radio friendly song with appeal to a young audience. I don't mean a well written change the world, enlightening or even a heartbreak song.

It makes you wonder if Interscope Records needs to clean house in the Pop marketing department.

The best label for Pop artists was Jive. They really knew how to market Pop music. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its not only the Interscope's problem, its their manager too

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

I agree. But ARTPOP really sucked so it's not surprising. On Madonna... well, the new generation is not here for a 50-year old woman singing in autotune. :wtf: 

Tove Lo

Actually Ellie didn't have failed singles. The only single she put out everywhere was Burn and a year later Beating Heart (which was from a OST) then she made every other single only for the UK :smh: 

Love Me Like You Do isn't even part of her Halcyon Days era, it's separate so.

hop on that **** like a maniac

isaacanthony

its not only the Interscope's problem, its their manager too

This.

and it's not only Interscope. 

Its the industry in general. Gaga has even said it herself; the music industry is really bad right now.

As much as I hate to say it Spotify and all other music streaming apps is part of the problem. 

(I am a Spotify user myself)

FrankGutz

Praying for Gagz & Nelly Furtado :pray:  M.I.A. & Robyn are also amazing

MANDY MOORE | LADY GAGA | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

JusKeepBreathin

I agree. But ARTPOP really sucked so it's not surprising. On Madonna... well, the new generation is not here for a 50-year old woman singing in autotune. :wtf: 

​Oh gurl you gonna make some people mad. That's not what I intended LOL

GIF-Gurl-You-Girl-Oh-girl-Guuurl-GIF.gif

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

I think they've lost a lot of the power they once had.

​when?

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

RAMROD

Jive is the best?

What did they do for Britney Jean? 

LBR most if not all major record labels are only following the market, whats trending, whats big for today, they seek profits in the end.

Once in blue moon some labels makes huge profit by letting such talent as Gaga or Adele soar but not for long because they soon  go with the flow again.

If anything, Interscope is at worst for milking their costumers.

On May 13, 2007 Reznor made a post on his blog on the official Nine Inch Nails website condemning Universal Music Group for their pricing and distribution plans for Year Zero. The full text of that post is as follows:

"As the climate grows more and more desperate for record labels, their answer to their mostly self-inflicted wounds seems to be to screw the consumer over even more. A couple of examples that quickly come to mind:

The ABSURD retail pricing of Year Zero in Australia. Shame on you, UMG. Year Zero is selling for $34.99 Australian dollars ($29.10 US). No wonder people steal music. Avril Lavigne's record in the same store was $21.99 ($18.21 US). By the way, when I asked a label rep about this his response was: 'It's because we know you have a real core audience that will pay whatever it costs when you put something out - you know, true fans. It's the pop stuff we have to discount to get people to buy.' So... I guess as a reward for being a 'true fan' you get ripped off.

The dreaded EURO Maxi-single. Nothing but a consumer rip-off that I've been talked into my whole career. No more.

The point is, I am trying my best to make sure the music and items NIN puts in the marketplace have value, substance and are worth you considering purchasing. I am not allowing Capital G to be repackaged into several configurations that result in you getting ripped off. 

We are planning a full-length remix collection of substance that will be announced soon."

After the above post, Reznor stated in an interview that he was interested in self-releasing future material:

"I have one record left that I owe a major label, then I will never be seen in a situation like this again. If I could do what I want right now, I would put out my next album, you could download it from my site at as high a bit-rate as you want, pay $4 through PayPal. Come see the show and buy a T-shirt if you like it. I would put out a nicely packaged merchandise piece, if you want to own a physical thing. And it would come out the day that it's done in the studio, not this 'Let's wait three months' bulls---."

On October 8, 2007, Reznor announced that he was a free agent through a posting at both nin.com and The Spiral:

"Hello everyone. I've waited a LONG time to be able to make the following announcement: as of right now Nine Inch Nails is a totally free agent, free of any recording contract with any label. I have been under recording contracts for 18 years and have watched the business radically mutate from one thing to something inherently very different and it gives me great pleasure to be able to finally have a direct relationship with the audience as I see fit and appropriate. Look for some announcements in the near future regarding 2008. Exciting times, indeed."

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Himeros26

Madonna mentioned on Ellen today they wouldn't let her use her original concept for her album because it was "too complicated" and she said it with a slightly pointed tone. 

Ladey Gagz

Well, it can't be a coincidence that their artists used to be so powerful, but they all had a decline, and not artists from other labels :shrug:

Archived