💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Do you think Interscope Records lacks the ability to properly promote pop stars?

JusKeepBreathin

Do you think Interscope Records lacks the ability to properly promote pop stars?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Interscope Records lacks the ability to properly promote pop stars? Specifically female pop stars. Like Lady Gaga and Madonna

• Yes they lack the ability
    • No they do not lack the ability
    • Not Sure

Featured Posts

Michael Woodson

She can't. Not until she gives them two more solo albums. 

​How do you know that? Is her contract with Interscope Records almost up? I wonder when her deal expires? I hope it expires soon. She needs to sign with another record label...one with proper marketing and promotion. It seems like Interscope don't respect her, or value her. Their incompetence is utterly disgusting. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering

​How do you know that? Is her contract with Interscope Records almost up? I wonder when her deal expires? I hope it expires soon. She needs to sign with another record label...one with proper marketing and promotion. It seems like Interscope don't respect her, or value her. Their incompetence is utterly disgusting. 

Her contract has two more solo albums left. When Jimmy was active and involved, it was a good label for Gaga and overall. They have been in the process of rebuilding for a while now, since before ARTPOP was released, and it shows. 

Shadow

A label can do so much but proper management is crucial for proper promotion.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

Michael Woodson

I agree. But ARTPOP really sucked so it's not surprising. On Madonna... well, the new generation is not here for a 50-year old woman singing in autotune. :wtf: 

ARTPOP did not "suck"... It's a great album, and it was the best album of 2013. It was a masterpiece! 

Michael Woodson

Her contract has two more solo albums left. When Jimmy was active and involved, it was a good label for Gaga and overall. They have been in the process of rebuilding for a while now, since before ARTPOP was released, and it shows. 

Damn that sucks...So, she's stuck with that incompetent piece of **** label for a while. SMFH!  

ARTPOP did not "suck"... It's a great album, and it was the best album of 2013. It was a masterpiece! 

You're being subjective, dear

6qYk654.gif

HEARTHUNTER

Labels play a major role in promotion but don't forget that managers have to do most of the artist's promo. In Gaga's case, Troy was a big piece of **** for not even doing his job correctly.

JazzGa

​Preach King Trent. I wish my favorite pop gurls who "stand for artistic integrity" would take some advice from him and self-release, truly take control of their own product. I could see Gaga self-releasing later in her career but for now I think she is still hungry for radio play and #1s so she will probably still need a major label for that. 

I also think music listeners in general are now more than ever trying to latch onto the "new cool thing" before the soccer moms/basics start liking it and then abandoning things they once liked because uncool people like it. Once an artist becomes univerally liked, it's almost like their own popularity dooms their next release. Damn hipsters.

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

JusKeepBreathin

I don't think so. Taylor didn't have her album on Spotify because she felt she wasn't being paid enough per stream not because she didn't think the service works. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JusKeepBreathin

Yes, I think they're very incompetent.

I mean, need we even begin to list the recent examples of their promotional woes?

And don't be praising their 2011/2012 promo efforts either, because if anyone remembers the BTW era and even TFM era, there were plenty of disasters there too.

ibqrOcH4DblGre.gif

​I agree...to tell you the truth I think the BTW era was a disaster. The Best era for Gaga was the Fame Monster. BTW just rested on the popularity of the FM era.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JusKeepBreathin

You are late and people that told me first are more polite when giving their opinion.

If you are THAT educated you won't talk like a skanky village boy this way.

:fan: 

​"Skanky village boy" 

Oh... the hilarious mental images you have given me!

http://www.somegif.com/gifs/13650180391932565339.GIF

TEANUS

I don't think they suck, but they could definitely do better. I mean look at ARTPOP, it was selling ok WW for the first 2 months, because they were promoting it in the US, Japan, and UK. But when promotion dropped off because they wouldn't leave Gaga the f*ck alone, the sales dropped off too. 

They are completely stupid though for ignoring places like Australia, Germany, and France completely. Lots of missed sales

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Archived