💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Do you think Interscope Records lacks the ability to properly promote pop stars?

JusKeepBreathin

Do you think Interscope Records lacks the ability to properly promote pop stars?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Interscope Records lacks the ability to properly promote pop stars? Specifically female pop stars. Like Lady Gaga and Madonna

• Yes they lack the ability
    • No they do not lack the ability
    • Not Sure

Featured Posts

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tropico

We gotta give them credit for 2011-2012.

Gaga was EVERYWHERE in 2011. She was a damn promo machine! 

Madonna got a Superbowl spot.

Azealia Banks got a lot of promo in 2012 during the 1991/Fantasea era. She had festivals everywhere, she was releasing videos a lot. She had a few interviews.

Lana... Oh this hurts the most... Even an alternative artist like Lana got some good promo in 2011. :emo: thats why the masterpiece that is Born To Die is the best selling alternative album by a female artists thus decade. She had remixes a lot, performed on SNL, the iTunes festival and she performed on American Idol. I love BTD era. 

So yeah, they use to have drive but not so much now. 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

HighwayGuy

Capitol is hands down the best label out there, especially in the UK 

But part of their success comes down to how strict they are with creative freedom, and they drop artists way too quickly 

The runner up on The Voice UK Leah Mcfall was signed to Capitol and had HUGE potential but after her lead single bombed (it was produced by Will.i.am) they dropped her without another chance  :(

freebit

I really think they, and a lot of other labels, need to do a serious evaluation of the people on their label, how to re-market them, promote them better, give them guidance. Females especially. A lot of labels don't seem to have a clue how to promote women, apart from maybe Taylor Swift and Katy Perry. Everyone else, it's like, I don't see them promoting and they just have to hope radio picks up on their singles, or they get nowhere. Male artists like Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith are everywhere, like they need any more promo, right? And I'm sick of seeing the same faces being successful all the time just because they have a good team behind them.

However, I don't think interscope are as bad as some. RCA is the worst for dealing with female artists. They had some recent success with Pink and Miley Cyrus, but apart from them, the rest of their female roster are over, almost over or never happened in the first place. Kemosabe (Kesha's old label) should also be in the dictionary next to "mess."

​THIS. I think that would greatly help.

Pain of fame1

This.

and it's not only Interscope. 

Its the industry in general. Gaga has even said it herself; the music industry is really bad right now.

As much as I hate to say it Spotify and all other music streaming apps is part of the problem. 

(I am a Spotify user myself)

​As a spotify user BUT also a monster, do you think i'd be a good idea to pull a Taylor with LG5? Or any other stream platform like YT like rihanna did with FFS until she posted the video a week later? The experiment has really been succesfull for Taylor so why not for gaga..

​As a spotify user BUT also a monster, do you think i'd be a good idea to pull a Taylor with LG5? Or any other stream platform like YT like rihanna did with FFS until she posted the video a week later? The experiment has really been succesfull for Taylor so why not for gaga..

​Gaga doesn't have Taylor's selling power.

Pain of fame1

We gotta give them credit for 2011-2012.

Gaga was EVERYWHERE in 2011. She was a damn promo machine! 

Madonna got a Superbowl spot.

Azealia Banks got a lot of promo in 2012 during the 1991/Fantasea era. She had festivals everywhere, she was releasing videos a lot. She had a few interviews.

Lana... Oh this hurts the most... Even an alternative artist like Lana got some good promo in 2011. :emo: thats why the masterpiece that is Born To Die is the best selling alternative album by a female artists thus decade. She had remixes a lot, performed on SNL, the iTunes festival and she performed on American Idol. I love BTD era. 

So yeah, they use to have drive but not so much now. 

​that might be in 2011-2012. Because in 2013, espcially for gaga, where a mess. To all those saying they are doing a great job: Remember when gaga said she payed and organised the GUY video all herself because interscope wounldt want a new video aftwee DWUW mess..

Pain of fame1

​Gaga doesn't have Taylor's selling power.

​True in the Usa but ww gaga does have. Especialy Europe and japan are really into gaga music. By the way wouldnt it be a good idea to just promote the  itunes link and maybe a snippet?

​True in the Usa but ww gaga does have. Especialy Europe and japan are really into gaga music. By the way wouldnt it be a good idea to just promote the  itunes link and maybe a snippet?

​It's not like ARTPOP sold very well in Europe, and Oceania was just a disaster. I really think going the Taylor Swift way would just backfire on her.

lizlemon

Yes, I think they're very incompetent.

I mean, need we even begin to list the recent examples of their promotional woes?

And don't be praising their 2011/2012 promo efforts either, because if anyone remembers the BTW era and even TFM era, there were plenty of disasters there too.

ibqrOcH4DblGre.gif

Archived