musician

George Michael

lego

Featured Posts

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sister

I was thinking about the tributes to George Michael so far and wondered about the future MTV Music Video Awards show coming up and wondered how they might tribute George Michael and I came up with this, since they always want to go over the top and put out a lot of effort to stun everyone and be the best and have everyone talking for awhile afterwards.

Now bear with me and imagine:

The tribute starts out by being introduced by all of the top models from the Freedom! '90 video.

Naomi Campbell.

christy turlington.

cindy crawford.

linda evangelista.

tatjana patitz

naomi_campbell.jpg

a4d1a0e92bf986be2b3556a644348574.jpg

or at least three of them. I suggest Naomi, Christy and Cindy.

The stage goes dark and to spotlight as his famous image adorns the backdrop. The usual set general public stirs up front close with held lighters and or lighted candles aglow, from the dark. These are the few lucky ones that they usually have planted there to watch and lend energy to the show as an actual concert audience throughout these award shows. Such as the ones during Metallica and Gaga at The Grammy's.

george-michael-guitarra1.jpg

While from the spotlight we see a set of musicians standing together all dressed as George Michael from his Faith video : Boy George, Justin Timberlake, John Legend, Lenny Kravitz (with his acoustic guitar) , Alicia Keys, Ricky Martin and Elton John behind at the piano.

The songs are a medley showcase sung acapella together with just these singers harmonizing together, snapping fingers, tapping their boots along to the music of the songs played by piano and acoustic guitar, so that it really highlights the voices and song. They are all in a group huddle form, think West Side story. The Jets:

west-side-story-02.jpg

The songs first start with the iconic organ introduction music from Faith by George Michael. Then it goes first to Boy George starting into Too Funky by George Michael and all sing a part each throughout the song and sing together the chorus, next is Careless Whisper by George Michael, this is sung together in ballad form between Boy George and Alicia Keys, while the others are still in form along with them providing the background music and fillings. And last, we go into Freedom! '90 and they all sing their own parts again and harmonize along with one another throughout the chorus.

and fade out~

Lenny Kravitz plays guitar throughout and sings but Elton John just accompanies them by organ / piano throughout, not singing along.

The End.

I think this would be Iconic and show his music in great light and give a silent summary of who he was and how all encompassing his music and image truly is. :flutter::wub: I also chose these songs because it's about George Michael and MTV together and to also keep it celebratory and lighthearted but still to honour him at the same time, all HUGE hits and videos.

I also chose these particular artists to participate due to their vocal abilities and variety, but likeness with George as well, for many reasons.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

lego
21 hours ago, Sister said:

The End.

Hyped a bit :giveup:

The whole thing sounds awesome, MTV should hire You! 

The part with models reminds me of this <3

FreePalestine

Sister
55 minutes ago, lego said:

Hyped a bit :giveup:

The whole thing sounds awesome, MTV should hire You! 

The part with models reminds me of this <3

Thank You. I am happy that you'd be interested to see that!

I have never seen this performance before, it's really great! Thank You! I also like what he is wearing there. :wub::flutter:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

• 7 months later...

Archived