💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Marina Talks about Being Compared to Lana Del Rey

Bambino

Featured Posts

Bambino

Strangest of all were the critics suddenly likening her to Lana Del Rey, at that moment gobbling up the charts with 'Video Games'.

"At the starting everyone was comparing me to Lana," she told me at the time. "You will always be compared in that fashion when you are a girl. People zero in on the fashion, on stuff like 'well, she's a got a curl and Lana Del Rey has a curl…they must be the same thing'. I adore her, think she's tremendously talented. However, I'm glad the comparison has gone away."

Source

She's so kind :fan: 

But I will never understand why people are comparing them. The are totally different in every single way. 

badboymonsterx

I can see why people would compare them, but they have very different voices so it works .. i am LOVING the whole froot album the more I listen to it 

Stephen

She's so kind :fan: 

But I will never understand why people are comparing them. The are totally different in every single way. 

​They both make alternative pop music that often has very sad lyrics. And they're both beautiful women with dark hair haha

​They both make alternative pop music that often has very sad lyrics. And they're both beautiful women with dark hair haha

​Those descriptors are so vague, though. Under that light we could also put Alanis Morissette, Alicia Keys, or Amy Winehouse. In my opinion, they are spectrum's apart.

yassitscarcass

I don't find them alike at all. The only thing similar is their fanbases. That's it. They both have great respect for each other, though, which I'm glad of. It shows that even though they're compared (although Lana's comment on Marina was in like 2011) they don't take it negatively.

Stephen

​Those descriptors are so vague, though. Under that light we could also put Alanis Morissette, Alicia Keys, or Amy Winehouse. In my opinion, they are spectrum's apart.

Perhaps also because they emerged around the same time.

someone else asked her about collaborating with Lana recently and she said something about not actively pursuing it atm but she's open to it if something ever developed

Alcina Dimitrescu

I can see why people would compare them, but they have very different voices so it works .. i am LOVING the whole froot album the more I listen to it 

​it was the fact that both used American darkside as themes. But even then it was applied differently.

FrankGutz

Lana is so much different and better than her imo

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Tropico

I love both of them, but they're just so different imo. :duck: 

Ikr? They truly broke out at the same time but other than that, even with fashion, they're really different. :duck: 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Archived