đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Metacritic: FROOT | 76

Henry

Featured Posts

Iwontell

I don't care how much **** i'll get for saying this, but it's being overrated. If it was Katy, Rihanna, Gaga or any other more mainstream girl behind Froot, it wouldn't go higher than 65...

Don't get me wrong. I love Marina. I think Marinna is super talented and has a great voice, but this album is just ok.

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
blacklistedd

I don't care how much **** i'll get for saying this, but it's being overrated. If it was Katy, Rihanna, Gaga or any other more mainstream girl behind Froot, it wouldn't go higher than 65...

Don't get me wrong. I love Marina. I think Marinna is super talented and has a great voice, but this album is just ok.

​Katy, Rihanna, and Gaga couldn't get away with making an album like this because they don't make albums like this. Besides, I think Katy got away with murder with Prism getting a much higher score than it deserved.

LoveandMagic

I'm not surprised the overall score is good. I've mostly been hearing very positive things about the album. Good job, Marina! :rockstar:

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Dorothy Gale

​Katy, Rihanna, and Gaga couldn't get away with making an album like this because they don't make albums like this. Besides, I think Katy got away with murder with Prism getting a much higher score than it deserved.

What difference does it make if a pop girl changes her sound? Shouldn't an album be rated for the art, not the artist?

Dorothy Gale

I like her but Froot is  a very Björk type of album  or is it just me? :gum:

No, I like Björk's music. 

blacklistedd

What difference does it make if a pop girl changes her sound? Shouldn't an album be rated for the art, not the artist?

​Your response to me makes no sense in regards to the context of the conversation. They said if Katy or Rihanna or Gaga made an album like Froot, they wouldnt get away with making what that user considers to be a mediocre record therefore theyd get a much lower score. Implying that because Marina isn't Top 40 known is the only reason shes getting praised for this album. Which is such b/s to be honest because critics have never been kind to Marina. And I simply responded that none of the aforementioned girls would get away with making an album like this because none of them could make an album like this and it would be out of character for any of them to release it in the context of where they're at currently in their careers. For Marina it made sense, you can't compare. And at any rate, I don't think Katy or Rihanna are capable of making something this minimal/subtle (and even if they did it would be totally different because theyre nothing like Marina or even eachother). Its not flashy, its not driven by lofty concepts, its not trying to be anything more than her getting back down to the heart of her songwriting and making an album with her band. Its been well received critically because its a good pop record, you don't have to like it, but clearly its reception is proving both of you wrong to some extent anyway. And in order for it to be overrated it would have to be put on blast and Froot will probably never be put on blast enough to be overrated. If you'd like, you could successfully ignore its existence. Its not like its a Katy or Rihanna record where its constantly being shoved down your throat that it exists.

Darcklighter22

No, I like Björk's music. 

​I mean in terms of her other albums. That's how I feel, but I also don't really relate whatsoever to Björk's music

Darcklighter22

​well your  rating the album from the artist, so it needs to tie in to the artist's sound or growth to some degree. You can still like an album from an artist and hate the rest of there discography, but unless it's there debut album your basing it off of earlier material they created and put out no?

at least for me :shrug:

iAstroLeo

I loved EH, but I think Froot is a lot better.. I just can't describe how amazing it sounds :giveup: Some pop goodness that is not generic and is with actual meaningful lyrics, here for this :whitney: 

Jjang

'Weeds' & 'Better Than That' are the only bad songs. Her best album yet. - 'Happy' is a standout.

Cody Draco

This song is so underrated :giveup:

A lot of the reviews are calling it one of the centerpieces of the album thematically :giveup: 

​Yeah I love it, especially the "feminist anthem" verse. :giveup:

Archived