đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Madonna's Rebel Heart discounted on Amazon for $6.99

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

Fiona Apple

​The copies did count; Billboard didn't change their rules regarding the cost of albums until after that point and I think the first week sales without the 99p deal were closer to 600k too (although it's arguable that some of the 400k+ 99p purchasers would've bought the full prices album instead).

​Gosh I can't at delsuional people :sharon: The first week sales without the 99p deal were 720k and they would be around 800k AT LEAST without the 99p copies

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fiona Apple

​The copies don't count :air: I'm sorry but they did count because they helped BTW move a million copies. I know the sales would have still been impressive without the deal, but whenever Billboard talks about its sales, there's always an asterisk saying how much the album sold on its own, without the deal. So they count them

​They ALWAYS talk about the 99c thing when they talk about btw's sales .. And anyway you can DEFINITELY not say that they did it for the same reason..Madonna did it for the #1,we all know it and it's not that bad..Gaga did not need it..

Spock

​They ALWAYS talk about the 99c thing when they talk about btw's sales .. And anyway you can DEFINITELY not say that they did it for the same reason..Madonna did it for the #1,we all know it and it's not that bad..Gaga did not need it..

​No. But they did it because she wanted to sell more and cross that precious million. And the album did. They did it to sell more, which is exactly what Madonna is doing it too, regardless if it is for a #1 or not.

who will love me when the night is over

​Gosh I can't at delsuional people :sharon: The first week sales without the 99p deal were 720k and they would be around 800k AT LEAST without the 99p copies

​​http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/470922/its-official-lady-gagas-born-this-way-sells-111-million

"1,108,000 copies sold in its first week" 

"It's estimated that AmazonMP3 sold upwards of 440,000 downloads of its 99-cent "Born This Way" album."

1,108,000 - 440,000 = ~668,000 (closer to 600k than 800k, as I said)

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/1160372/billboard-pricing-policy-effective-november-21-2011

"Effective November 21, 2011" - after born this way

" Albums priced below $3.49 during their first four weeks of release will not be eligible for inclusion"

So where exactly was I delusional? I didn't even diss Gaga or bring up Madonna :smh:

Fiona Apple

​​http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/470922/its-official-lady-gagas-born-this-way-sells-111-million

"1,108,000 copies sold in its first week" 

"It's estimated that AmazonMP3 sold upwards of 440,000 downloads of its 99-cent "Born This Way" album."

1,108,000 - 440,000 = ~668,000 (closer to 600k than 800k, as I said)

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/1160372/billboard-pricing-policy-effective-november-21-2011

"Effective November 21, 2011" - after born this way

" Albums priced below $3.49 during their first four weeks of release will not be eligible for inclusion"

So where exactly was I delusional?

​I did NOT say 800k tho .. You still change my words.. I said 720k.. Yea I was wrong but it still be closer than 600k. And it's obvious that it would sell AT LEAST 100k more in the normal price without the 99cents thing. These sales didn't help Gaga at all because she would debut at #1 anyway.

Fiona Apple

​No. But they did it because she wanted to sell more and cross that precious million. And the album did. They did it to sell more, which is exactly what Madonna is doing it too, regardless if it is for a #1 or not.

​Just no.. :awkney:

​I did NOT say 800k tho .. You still change my words.. I said 720k.. Yea I was wrong but it still be closer than 600k. And it's obvious that it would sell AT LEAST 100k more in the normal price without the 99cents thing. These sales didn't help Gaga at all because she would debut at #1 anyway.

"​The album would sell over 800k anyway." is pretty vague and the statement is reliant on possibilities, which I gave rise to with "it's arguable that some of the 400k+ 99p purchasers would've bought the full prices (sic) album instead". Still don't see where I'm delusional :usrs:

Fiona Apple

"​The album would sell over 800k anyway." is pretty vague and the statement is reliant on possibilities, which I gave rise to with "it's arguable that some of the 400k+ 99p purchasers would've bought the full prices (sic) album instead". Still don't see where I'm delusional :usrs:

​Yea I said it would sell 800k with the extra sales from the people that bought the 99cents version.... Without them I said 720k ..And it's fun because you tried to correct my 720k thing but you were just as wrong as me by saying 600k. And anyway it doesn't matter if it would sell 700k ,800k or 2m.. My point in the first place was that she did not need the extra sales or did the 99cents thing to get more sales

LetsGetHigh

​HA I know that amazon paid for it, but not you thinking that amazon just happened to pay for all those copies of one of the most hyped albums of the year, on release week, out of the goodness of their hearts just to promote their cloud service . Right. The impact it would have on sales was not measured at all.

​Oh you have sources with the Haus? :excited2: Please do tell me when they are planning on release TIHTY

Spock

​Just no.. :awkney:

​Yeah, cause deep, deep down she's all about the music not the sales

​Oh you have sources with the Haus? :excited2: Please do tell me when they are planning on release TIHTY :excited2:

They DID do it just to promote Cloud Storage and Cloud Player, like :air: Interscope's wholesale cost of the album was $8.40. Plus, Billboard.com has said that even without the Amazon discount, BTW would have sold a million copies. :lgbt:

​Sure, keep telling yourself that. Then why didn't it sell a million copies without the deal?

nikola

Well good luck i gues

i hope it gets #1 since album is really good

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Fiona Apple

​Yeah, cause deep, deep down she's all about the music not the sales

​Sure, keep telling yourself that. Then why didn't it sell a million copies without the deal?

Whatever lol.. I don't like how monsters like you think she cares that much about sales... She does care,we all do tbh..But she wouldn't do that for the sales...

Spock

Whatever lol.. I don't like how monsters like you think she cares that much about sales... She does care,we all do tbh..But she wouldn't do that for the sales...

​No, I don't think she is obsessed with sales, but crossing the million mark is an important threshold, so of course she would want to have the opportunity to cross it .

Fiona Apple

​No, I don't think she is obsessed with sales, but crossing the million mark is an important threshold, so of course she would want to have the opportunity to cross it .

​As you want :hi5: Don't forget to like all my posts :thetea:

Archived