Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

NYPost: Madonna's Rebel Heart tour sales more sticky than sweet

Spock

Featured Posts

Spock

New Madonna tour sales more sticky than sweet

Madonna’s “Rebel Heart Tour” might better be called “Like a Has-Been.”

But tickets are not selling as briskly as for her “MDNA” tour in 2012, leaving thousands of unsold seats in the eight North American cities that began selling tickets on March 9.

In 2012, Madonna reportedly sold out Yankee Stadium in 20 minutes, prompting concert promoter Live Nation to add a second date at the 60,000-seat venue.

Live Nation also added two nights at Madison Square Garden that weren’t initially a part of the “MDNA” tour.

Madonna isn’t attempting to fill Yankee Stadium this time but, in New York, scheduled Madison Square Garden for Sept. 16 and Barclays Center for Sept. 19. Rather than sell out in minutes, however, both venues are still offering tickets five days after they were put up for sale.

Full story: http://nypost.com/2015/03/13/new-madonna-tour-sales-more-sticky-than-sweet/

Those crazy, ego inflated prizes were a mistake :manicure:

I'm still going though :hor:

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monketsharona

Livenation said Madonna has sold out Paris Bercy in 5 minutes and added a new date... Though I'm pretty sure the first date is note complete. Like artRAVE they didn't put all the seats on sales.. 

Spock

Can mods please stop modifying OPs and thread titles without saying anything, at least? It's annoying, frustrating and rude. Thanks.

Pure Adrenaline

she is coming for that top 10 tours of all time again tho whether this time will be another 300+ m selling tour or 200m selling tour it will be still alot more than our faves :giveup: 

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Haroon

I read it as "Madonna's Rebel Heart tour sells more than Sticky & Sweet" and I was like " :shocked: " :flop: 

Well I guess she just won't be adding as many dates to the same venues if it's going like this in some places, but I'm sure there are people that are gonna snap the tickets up sooner or later - I mean it's a Madonna tour after all :shrug: 

Spock

I read it as "Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour sells more than Sticky & Sweet" and I was like " :shocked: " :flop: 

​Blame whoever changed my thread title :madge:

The album has no strong lead single. 'Living For Love' didn't even chart on the Billboard Hot 100. MDNA had 'Give Me All Your Luvin.' 

And she's setting high prices for an album doing worse than MDNA, her worst album to date.

So what's surprising? :shrug: 

RAMROD

I will give her time tbh.

Maybe it will sell in the last minutes.

Her shows usually selling.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Haroon

To be honest, I still think she'll be making a hell of a sum considering how expensive her tickets are :duck: So I guess that'll at least level things out when it comes to less dates or even shows that aren't sold out and so on :huh:  

​Blame whoever changed my thread title :madge:

​Oh no no, I blame my eyes for going across it too fast for my brain to actually interpret it :dies: 

Fiona Apple

Copying even ARTPOPs era low sales, queen. Ha impacT 

​Well ARTPOP's sales are like 21's for Madonna at the moment :awkney:

Fiona Apple

Can mods please stop modifying OPs and thread titles without saying anything, at least? It's annoying, frustrating and rude. Thanks.

​Yea it's so annoying :air:

Archived