đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kanye: "Racism is a dated concept"

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Jesse Pinkman

I understand what he's trying to say. He's talking about the black people who use racism as an excuse as to why they aren't where they want to be in life . But what they fail to realize is that nothing is holding them back but themselves. Yes, racism exists but that's not why you don't have an education or why your life isn't where you want it to be.

But because it's Kanye, he has to be so extra with it..

It's science, bitch

Coop

Remember when Kim said this:

"To be honest, before I had North, I never really gave racism or discrimination a lot of thought. It is obviously a topic that Kanye is passionate about, but I guess it was easier for me to believe that it was someone else's battle. 
But recently, I've read and personally experienced some incidents that have sickened me and made me take notice. I realize that racism and discrimination are still alive, and just as hateful and deadly as they ever have been."

Mitch XCX

i mean i see his point, here in england blacks and whites really are integrated into one, except for some obvious interrogations. obviously i can't speak for other countries but where i live it really isn't bad at all. 

Princess Die

I didn't think he was actually this stupid. :madge:

Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❤

Gov Hooka

it left too much of a legacy especially here in the US to be dead so he's wrong there but I understand his point that too often people magnify racism as opposed to realizing the greater issue which is socio-economic discrimination and oppression. Really now, I just see it as a battle between rich and the poor, and racism is sometimes inadvertently used as a method to ignore that larger struggle--Marx wouldn't be happy.

RebeldeFaith

It's hard to see the crises that are affecting the world when you have millions in your bank account.

Something something idk

Yes, a dated concept that's still being lived by in a lot of parts of the world. Guess you can't know that when you're drinking fine champagne in your mansion. :usrs: 

Kinda true, soms people really use racism as an excuse for everything. Ur not getting rejectted from ur job application because ur black or something, ur just unqualified. Then people go all crazy saying that particular company is 'racist'. 

But racism is more a US problem I think in general, because of the distribution of wealth is way more divided in extremes then in Europe. Hence the social inequality of the races and hence the racism. 

StrawberryBlond

I'm glad to hear a black person saying this. It's harder to get people to understand when it comes from a white person and easy to write them off as ignorant. But if black people start saying these things, the message could get across. Racism is illegal, at least in the industrialised, western world. You can't refuse someone an education, a job, respect, whatever, because of their race. And if it does happen, you can report it and get something done about it. So, how can blacks say that they have less opportunities than whites? Or that whites are holding them back? The only people holding them back are themselves. Your family has no money because they never broke the cycle of underpaid jobs/never got qualifications to seek better jobs/aren't interested in getting a job, not because of slavery. You didn't get into university because you didn't get the grades, not because it's a racist white institution. You didn't get the job because you were under-qualified, not because the boss is racist. Stop blaming everyone else for your misfortunes and see how you can change your life. Plenty of black people have done it, so clearly, some take the plunge and work hard, others don't.

There are plenty of whites in the same situation as blacks. No money, living in rented accomodation in a bad area, no education, one parent family, no job prospects. But unlike blacks, they don't have anyone or anything to blame. They can only blame themselves and/or circumstances. Whites are just as likely to be dealt a bad hand in life. It's sad when you see kids going to school who never do well because they have no solid role models at home, no dad, mum has a drinking problem, they're depressed and alone and can't see a way out. It's not exactly their fault that they don't try at school and never have the qualifications to do better than minimum wage jobs. But it's a sad fact of life that this will happen to a lot of people. Of all races, colours and creeds. We've got to stop blaming it all on racism and tackle the real reasons why people aren't living the life they want.

Dorothy Gale

I kind of agree with him. I've seen too many black people blame racism for every challenge they face. Slavery was so long ago, it doesn't impact our society that much anymore.

Sexxx

the differences in socioeconomic potential and class is somewhat due to racism... :smh:

Archived